đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Best POP album of our time? (If We Exclude Gaga)

Versace

Featured Posts

But... if you exclude The Fame there's literally barely any other than TFM or BTW because the ones you listed are only ok, even 21 only has like 3 actually good songs that aren't boring and only 3 from each of Lana's are good [each] and nowhere near the best & in OUR lifetime, also madonna hasn't released an amazing album in OUR lifetime (mid-late 90s and onward) so i hardly think she's in the competition

Thus why i made this thread lol cause i was thinking almost the same 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mister Gaga

If we exclude Gaga, i think that In The Zone is the role model. Ballad (Everytime) + Smash pop hit (Toxic) + Controversial video (Toxic) + Strong/buzz collab (Me Against The Music) + Sex song (Breathe On Me).

All pop albums follow this steps.

In The Zone's impact appeared in 2008 i think. Also, i think that Lana's Born To Die impact it's starting (Taylor Swift, Hasley, Lorde)

Son of Venus

If we exclude Gaga and Madonna we're basically excluding 2 of the main contenders. 

I guess by "our time" you mean the 21st century so i'll go with one of the following:

Confessions on a Dancefloor

Born This Way

Ceremonials

Born To Die

Fever

Aphrodite

Thus why i made this thread lol cause i was thinking almost the same 

The next best thing after Gaga's is most likely to be a Britney album tbh

But... if you exclude The Fame there's literally barely any other than TFM or BTW because the ones you listed are only ok, even 21 only has like 3 actually good songs that aren't boring and only 3 from each of Lana's are good [each] and nowhere near the best & also madonna hasn't released an amazing album in OUR lifetime (late 90s and onward) so i hardly think she's in the competition

True (about madonna) i excluded her from the exclusions 

Edit: i guess you forgot about Confessions

Broke With Expensive Taste

Its every genre and all genres at the same time.

Preach it inu. Azealia, Queen of Music.

tumblr_nrr9u0Q84R1uw4f70o1_250.gif

Son of Venus

But... if you exclude The Fame there's literally barely any other than TFM or BTW because the ones you listed are only ok, even 21 only has like 3 actually good songs that aren't boring and only 3 from each of Lana's are good [each] and nowhere near the best & also madonna hasn't released an amazing album in OUR lifetime (late 90s and onward) so i hardly think she's in the competition

idk if you're familiar with Madonna's discography but since 1998 she's released Ray Of Light,Music and Confessions on a Dancefloor

darkchylde

Excluding those, and taking 'pop' strictly as a genre...

E·MO·TION by Carly Rae Jepsen, I'd say.

To name a few others:

Chaleur Humaine
BADLANDS
Pure Heroine
Ultraviolence
BEYONCÉ
Warrior
FROOT

idk if you're familiar with Madonna's discography but since 1998 she's released Ray Of Light,Music and Confessions on a Dancefloor

and as I said she hasn't released an amazing album... none of those albums are perfect from start to finish and epitomise modern pop. The only album that is flawless solid pop in the modern era is The Fame and then after that is probably Circus by Britney

So... 2005 to 2015?  That is literally the last decade, after all.

Personally, I think Born to Die is a strong contender. It's been surprisingly influential (hello, Taylor) and has also lasted a while (popping back up on the charts every now and then).

"Best" is so hard to say.

I've been thinking recently Teenage Dream and 1989 complement each other a lot, in that they're both excellent and unashamedly bubblegum pop records. If there wasn't the stupid feud between Taylor and Katy, they could honestly do a great collab. But baby now they got bad blood :saladga: you know it could've been mad love.

Son of Venus

and as I said she hasn't released an amazing album... none of those albums are perfect from start to finish and epitomise modern pop. The only album that is flawless solid pop in the modern era is The Fame and then after that is probably Circus by Britney

you've got to be kidding me  :lmao:

Archived