💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chris Brown Insight

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

I logged into iTunes today and saw that Chris Brown has a new song out called "Zero" from his upcoming album "Royalty" (named after his daughter). The song was released yesterday and currently sits at #63. Its his first single since 2012 to have more of a pop vibe, and honestly, I like it. In recent years Brown has shifted to more hip-hop sounding songs (based on lyrics and production), like Loyal and his work with Tyga on "Fan of a Fan". Chris Brown's success has faded since his 2012 album "Fortune", which spawned two top 10 hits. Perhaps "Zero" is an effort to have that mainstream success again. Listen to "Zero" and see if you think this song can revive Brown's career, or do you think he's just going to fade away? Basically, just discuss where you think Chris Brown's career is headed. 

Also interesting to note that, while Chris has seen success with his singles since the attack on Rihanna, his album sales have never recovered. In my opinion that shows that people have enjoyed his songs on the radio, but don't like him enough to buy his albums. 

Chris Brown (2006): 2.2 million copies

Exclusive (2008): 2 million copies

(Chris Brown Attacks Rihanna)

Graffiti (2009): 360,000 copies

F.A.M.E. (2011): 870,000 copies

Fortune (2012): 465,000 copies

X (2014): 385,000 copies

He just had a pretty big hit with Five More Hours, and Loyal before that. I can't really get into Chris after what he done to Rihanna but he does bring out a lot of jams.

Archived