💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Any one else still feels Born To Die is still her best ?

Versace

SO ?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. SO ?

• Yes Born To Slay is still her best
    • Bye, Honeymoon snatched my soul and i'm now in heaven streaming the album on Lanaify
    • Justice for Ultraviolence buy it on iTunes , delete Honeymoon fat

Featured Posts

asfittingasmcqueen

AV4Lrw4.gif

basically saying that honeymoon was made for her fans while btd+paradise+uv were more targeted to general public

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
retroglamx

Agree that it's more honest and a side that has to be witnessed , BornToDie did not feel as serious/mature as the other two but that said it's still a masterpiece and is possibly in the ranks of the best 20 albums of all time where the same cannot be said about the other two. Though i don't think BTD was purposely very good  Gp friendly , it's literally 0% commercial what could BTD serve the mainstream top 40 and radio . It did good cause it was a break through in music unlike anything made in the last two decades i'd say if not more. I sadly think Lana knows that she cannot outdo BTD so she did not purposely not make the other two efforts as good  as Gp friendly ? :toofunny:

I have to agree with you about Lana not being able to outdo BTD but personally, I don't think it's because she can't but more about her not wanting to. Like @pedrobrito said, I sometimes feel like BTD were really just a bunch of songs made to fit around Video Games and Blue Jeans, I can hear Lana but I can't listen to that true pain, passion and anger that's overflowing in UV and to me, that's what Lana is about, she's an honest artist who will write about her experiences and hopefully the listener will relate to them but truly, I think her main goal is to tell a story.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

retroglamx

basically saying that honeymoon was made for her fans while btd+paradise+uv were more targeted to general public

:awkney: UV was targeted to literally anyone but the GP.

dollardays

Agree that it's more honest and a side that has to be witnessed , BornToDie did not feel as serious/mature as the other two but that said it's still a masterpiece and is possibly in the ranks of the best 20 albums of all time where the same cannot be said about the other two. Though i don't think BTD was purposely very good  Gp friendly , it's literally 0% commercial what could BTD serve the mainstream top 40 and radio . It did good cause it was a break through in music unlike anything made in the last two decades i'd say if not more. I sadly think Lana knows that she cannot outdo BTD so she did not purposely not make the other two efforts as good  as Gp friendly ? 

UV recieved a much better critical response than BTD/ Paradise. 

It's not "literally 0% commercial", the compositions, the structure of the songs, even the genre mix is somewhat commercial and appeals/ was made to appeal to her tumblr audience / some GP.

I think Honeymoon and Ultraviolence are so much more cohesive and advanced musically than Born To Die, although Born To Die is full of catchy, great songs. It was what got her famous, however listening to Born To Die sometimes I get a strong similarity in some of the melodies/songs overall. For me: 

Ultraviolence > Honeymoon > Born To Die > Paradise 

Ultraviolence is very underrated, it's her best work to date and even though Honeymoon is amazing, it doesn't live up to the haunting, intense(on some songs) sound of Ultraviolence that gives me chills

retroglamx

I think Honeymoon and Ultraviolence are so much more cohesive and advanced musically than Born To Die, although Born To Die is full of catchy, great songs. It was what got her famous, however listening to Born To Die sometimes I get a strong similarity in some of the melodies/songs overall. For me: 

Ultraviolence > Honeymoon > Born To Die > Paradise 

Ultraviolence is very underrated, it's her best work to date and even though Honeymoon is amazing, it doesn't live up to the haunting, intense(on some songs) sound of Ultraviolence that gives me chills

This. :pray:

Mister Gaga

I love Lana so much. ALL HER SONGS ARE FLAWLESS. Her full discography is ****ing flawless. She's so underrated sometimes :crossed:

O.T: I think that Born To Die + Paradise is her TF/TFM. It's LANA. It's a classic, but not her best. Like Britney and ...Baby. It's great, don't get me wrong, but Ultraviolence it's far more complex and mature. 

Riot Poof

Born to Die is what made me a STAN. It may not be her best objectively, but it's my favorite Lana album.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Archived