đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Any one else still feels Born To Die is still her best ?

Versace

SO ?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. SO ?

• Yes Born To Slay is still her best
    • Bye, Honeymoon snatched my soul and i'm now in heaven streaming the album on Lanaify
    • Justice for Ultraviolence buy it on iTunes , delete Honeymoon fat

Featured Posts

retroglamx

I understand that BTD was Lana's breakout and it's purposely more GP friendly (?) but I feel like UV and Honeymoon sound more honest to her than BTD does, they feel more organic and natural and you can tell how little effort she needs to put out amazing music in such short time while still remaining true to herself. It feels like this is truly the type of music her soul emanates as it comes out so easily.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
retroglamx

I honestly think Ultraviolence is so underrated. I mean, West Coast, Ultraviolence, Pretty When You Cry, Money Power Glory, ****ed My Way To The Top, and Old Money are pretty amazing.

Old Money, Black Beauty, The Other Woman, Shades of Cool, etc. UV is such a perfect record. :legend:

ChasingGhosts

Personally I think Ultraviolence > Born To Die > Paradise > Honeymoon.

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

I really can't say which album is her best because I enjoy all of them equally, but as others have stated; BTD was her premiere it was something new and mature, yet still contained elements of pop to it. Most notably, "Born to Die", "Diet Mountain Dew", "National Anthem","TIWMUG", and "Lolita". With her second entry, she just blew off any sense of "pop" and went with very somber, melancholy songs, that were a surprise to people who enjoyed her more "energetic" songs, like Ride and Gods and Monsters. I still think that all her albums are enjoy in one way or another, but many people will still see her first entry as her best due to the fact that it was dark, mature, moody, and different to what they would normally listen too, but still very relatable. UV is much more slow and dark compared to her past works (which is funny because most of her work is slow, but I hope you get what I mean :laughga:) However, it is still an excellent album with great songs like "Shades of Cool", "Brooklyn Baby", "Money Power Glory", "FMWTTT", "Old Money", "Black Beauty" and,my personal favorite from the album, "The Other Woman"

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

It's her "worst" album imo, :laughga: but I still really really like it.

Honeymoon > Ultraviolence > Paradise > Born To Die

She keeps getting better. :pray: 

djBuffoon

It's hard for me to compare tbh. All three albums have a handful of songs I love, and then a bunch of others that I could never listen to again. 

retroglamx

No. They're all great, but Ultraviolence is her best.

I love UV and I'm quite certain that anyone who loves it will end up loving Honeymoon more. It's like UV had a baby with itself and gave birth to the most perfect version of itself. :sis:

asfittingasmcqueen

I think what's so different about Honeymoon is that it ain't as memorable as her previous work.

All of the songs are amazing, dont get me wrong, but it lacks that rhythm/lyrics/whatever that makes music catchy (without losing quality). For example, born to die (the song), blue jeans, west coast, carmen, ride, money power glory all had that something that makes you get into them right after you listen to them for the first time. On honeymoon (at least on my case) I had to listen a few times before some songs actually grew on me.

Still, I think Salvatore applies to that "Easy to catch" (idk) rule the most, out of the whole album. 

dollardays

Born to Die is her laziest, safer effort. With that being said it's a good pop album but for me it feels like a bunch of songs created to go along with Video Games/ Blue Jeans... It just doesn't feel as heartfelt and genuine as UV and Honeymoon. I loved what she did in UV, it was risky and I still think it's her masterpiece even though Honeymoon is so polished and varied. 

HausOfHarlow

I do think Born To Die is her best work. It is the most solid album of hers, especially with just the standard edition (and Without You!) included. Paradise was a great add-on to it, carrying over the same song, with a little darker and more explicit themes. 

Ultraviolence was odd at first, but I think it's the album I've fallen in love with the most. I love how raw and unfinished some songs sound. 

Honeymoon is AMAZING, and it is growing on me quickly, it's so beautiful. But I still think BTD is her greatest work... Off to the Races, Video Games, Dark Paradise, Carmen, MDM, SS, TIWMUG.... All so amazing. 

elijahfan

BTD and Paradise were her most mainstream albums. UV was more risky and different, which wasn't a bad thing. As for HM, well... I haven't really made up my mind on it yet. I'm not a big fan of it. Except for the few songs we had already heard before the release - the rest is pretty forgettable. I don't really see where she wanted to go with that one.

I understand that BTD was Lana's breakout and it's purposely more GP friendly (?) but I feel like UV and Honeymoon sound more honest to her than BTD does, they feel more organic and natural and you can tell how little effort she needs to put out amazing music in such short time while still remaining true to herself. It feels like this is truly the type of music her soul emanates as it comes out so easily.

Agree that it's more honest and a side that has to be witnessed , BornToDie did not feel as serious/mature as the other two but that said it's still a masterpiece and is possibly in the ranks of the best 20 albums of all time where the same cannot be said about the other two. Though i don't think BTD was purposely very good  Gp friendly , it's literally 0% commercial what could BTD serve the mainstream top 40 and radio . It did good cause it was a break through in music unlike anything made in the last two decades i'd say if not more. I sadly think Lana knows that she cannot outdo BTD so she did not purposely not make the other two efforts as good  as Gp friendly ? :toofunny:

retroglamx

I think what's so different about Honeymoon is that it ain't as memorable as her previous work.

All of the songs are amazing, dont get me wrong, but it lacks that rhythm/lyrics/whatever that makes music catchy 

AV4Lrw4.gif

Archived