Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

South Park Takes on PC Police & Caitlyn Jenner

craig

Featured Posts

Article includes hilarious clip from season premiere.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2015/09/17/south_park_takes_on_caitlyn_jenner_s_heroism_in_its_season_19_premiere.html

At the beginning of the episode, the students of South Park Elementary School are informed that a new principal has taken over—known only as “PC Principal.” The buff, physically intense man quickly takes charge, recounting a litany of offensive events in the school’s past (including aspects of last season’s gender-neutral bathroom episode) and gleefully dispensing detentions for social justice infractions.  ... it’s Kyle’s storyline that offers a more incisive critique. In the eyes of PC Principal, his sin is disagreeing with the notion that Caitlyn Jenner is a “hero” and refusing to join the town mantra that she is clearly “stunning and brave.” At one point, Kyle says confidently: “I am not going to apologize for saying Caitlyn Jenner isn’t a hero. In fact, personally, I think she’s most likely not a very good person.”

"The refreshing thing about this episode is that, to my mind at least, it picks the right elements of crazy PC culture to mock, while allowing that caring about the sensitivities of minority groups is itself a great thing. Particularly effective is the choice of portraying the PC guys as frat bros, highlighting the way that, especially online, social justice advocates can become just as cliquish and chest-thumping as a stereotype they presumably loathe. Presenting the bros as all white was even more incisive; if you work in the social justice world long enough, it’s difficult not to notice how individuals with the most privilege have a way of speaking above and for those marginalized groups they are supposedly trying to help. Whether this is an overcompensation for guilt or a weird way of finding belonging is up for debate, but regardless, the show put its finger on a real phenomenon. Unsurprisingly, the episode also rather bluntly points out that sometimes making politically incorrect jokes is the best way to highlight and challenge prejudice—something South Park knows a little about."

PartySick

Man I missed the episode :saladga: 

I can't wait to see it. I love how they always take on controversies head on. It's why I admire the writers. Some people say it's just racism and fart jokes but it's actually very smart, clever writing and left leaning.

🖤

to be honest it was a great episode. it was respectful and very funny.

south park is so underrated by a lot of people who see it as foul mouthed slapstick potty humour, when it's so much more than that. a great season premiere!

Iwontell

I was freaking funny...I just hope ppl watch the whole episode before attacking them...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Redstreak

It was a good episode, even if I did find a few of their arguments to be a little misrepresenting.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

LoveandMagic

Ahh, I can't read your post because I have it recorded and haven't watched yet! I love SP!! 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

It will be stupid for those SJWs to get bent all out of shape over this.

South Park is satire show and they'll give it to you in your face like that.

So they will look so silly to get offended by it tbh.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived