Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Ryan Adams - 1989 (First Single Released)

Redstreak

Featured Posts

Redstreak

Are we listening to the same thing because this isn't bad at all? :rip: 

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Princess Die

He should totally cover Speechless

"I'll never write a song

Won't even sing along"

THERE IT IS. Ü PROMISED, MUTHA****ER :green:

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤

He is a gifted songwriter. Why is he wasting his time doing this. He messes around too much during his career. Happy that he isn't an artist that I care too much about, I would get so fed up.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Doily Skull

I'm actually alright with his sound; the lack of auto-tune, still maintaining good pitch, especially with the well mixed instruments. I'd love to hear Taylor's vocals on this instrumental.

~staying stupid through my holy days~

Alcina Dimitrescu

I think it's ok :shrug: Why again isnt Taylor (Taylor Swift™ No copyright infringement intended. Property of TAS LLC Management 2015©) suing him tho?

Redstreak

I think it's ok :shrug: Why again isnt Taylor (Taylor Swift™ No copyright infringement intended. Property of TAS LLC Management 2015©) suing him tho?

Because she doesn't sue people? Cease and desist letters to third party groups marketing off her name without permission is not suing.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Alcina Dimitrescu

Because she doesn't sue people? Cease and desist letters to third party groups marketing off her name without permission is not suing.

my bad, lemme rephrase: Why again isnt Taylor (Taylor Swift™ No copyright infringement intended. Property of TAS LLC Management 2015©) sending him a C&D letter? did he ask permission?

my bad, lemme rephrase: Why again isnt Taylor (Taylor Swift™ No copyright infringement intended. Property of TAS LLC Management 2015©) sending him a C&D letter? did he ask permission?

Undoubtedly. It's like recording a cover of a song to sell - you ask for permission from the company that owns the right and they grant it to you with some conditions. He just did this for all of 1989's songs. There's no way you can release a cover for money and not have to pay the original artist (unless it's out of copyright, which these songs aren't and probably never will be a la Mickey Mouse :flop:).

He is definitely paying her for every song on the album. I'm not sure how it works these days but years ago my mother released an album with a bunch of covers and she had to pay something like 15 cents for every album sold to the each artist. Not much but its something.

On the topic of song quality... I really love this and I don't know how you can say this is "bad". I can understand it not being your taste but it is definitely not bad. The original 1989 was crafted by some of the most talented money making songwriters available today. It sounds good. it is expertly crafted to sound good to bring in the dough. Ryan Adams has taken those exemplary pop masterpieces and thrown them into the world of indie rock and folk music. Its a beautiful contrast that works to tear down the walls between genres and show how many of them can be created to the a final similar sound. It also points out the calculated crafting of a lot of modern pop from the likes of Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Katy Perry, etc. He is both praising and criticizing the current pop scene at the same. I was impressed by the original 1989 and so far I'm impressed by Ryan's 1989. 

Archived