💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lana Del Rey is "the most captivating popstar on the planet"

Cody Draco

Featured Posts

Cody Draco

It's not about how much she looks/acts/sings/performs like a pop star, it's just that she doesn't make pop music :emma: She's an alternative artist who has, more than once, publicly denounced and criticized her own success, going against the grain of anything a "pop star" is supposed to be on a lyrical level and in her interviews so there really isn't one good reason why she should be grouped next to the typical pop girls.

It's just a sad consequence of individual female artists automatically falling into that competitive "star" category because of wide exposure, a gay following and a semi-obsessive (in a pop cultural way) fanbase. Would never happen with a male artist.

Musically, the purpose for her creating, etc. she has nothing in common with Demi, Rihanna, Katy, Selena, Ariana, etc. I guess I should've expanded what I was saying.

I agree with everything you have said. :emma:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlexanderLevi2

I love Lana but this is a little much. I mean the album is really good but it's not THAT good.

Currently listening to Joanne

Riot Poof

I disagree with the "pop star" bit. Just cuz the Lipsters stan for her like she's a pop star doesn't make her a pop star. Calling Lana a "pop star" carries the implication that Lana has mainstream ambitions, which she doesn't.

Ultraviolence is a form of rock. The rest of her official material is a form of baroque pop (sometimes mixed with another genre due to the electronic beats some of the songs have), and baroque pop is a form of alternative rock.

She is captivating tho. I admire her commitment to her aesthetic.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

She's captivating for me in the sense that she still tries to remain an enigma, living away from the public eye. I always liked that about Gaga when she first emerged.

Yes. I hope that she won't lose her mystery, intrigue and allure easily. That is what makes her so great.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

darkchylde

If we're putting her against people like Demi Lovato and Katy Perry, I agree with this opinion.

If we're comparing her with Lorde or Marina and The Diamonds... Not so much.

Archived