💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lana Del Rey is "the most captivating popstar on the planet"

Cody Draco

Featured Posts

Angel Down

She's indeed very captivating... When you listen to her music is like angels carrying you to heaven while singing just to comfort you. Idk. I wonder if there's anyone else out there making the same music as her and having the same angelic voice

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cody Draco

She's never wowed me, but I've never given her much of a chance either. She just doesn't interest me :shrug: 

But slay with the praise :sis:

You know I don't agree with anyone being the next Michael Jackson.

Nobody will ever have his impact. :legend:

:sis:

Phoenix

Another day another site/magazine comparing today's pop singers to MJ :smh: 

I havent listened to honeymoon, is that the new album? Is it out?

💎

Cody Draco

Can people stop labelling her as a pop star. Like, how dumb do you have to be.

I personally label her music as Alternative in my iTunes, since she has nothing in common with Katy.

However, I gave up fighting over the term "pop star" long ago.

Whether she is seen as a pop star or alternative queen doesn't affect my love for her work.

Good for her on getting this type of praise but I find all of her music very similar, which makes her un-captivating for me personally. 

djBuffoon

and Honeymoon?

Only listened to a few tracks so far. "Honeymoon" and "HBTB" did nothing for me, but "Salvatore", "Terrence Loves You", and "Music to Watch Boys to" are golden.

Good for her on getting this type of praise but I find all of her music very similar, which makes her un-captivating for me personally. 

this.

She follows the same pattern over and over again.

At first it was interesting but now it's just booringgggg.

Only listened to a few tracks so far. "Honeymoon" and "HBTB" did nothing for me, but "Salvatore", "Terrence Loves You", and "Music to Watch Boys to" are golden.

You'll probably love Art Deco, 24, and Swan Song.

Didymus

I personally label her music as Alternative in my iTunes, since she has nothing in common with Katy.

However, I gave up fighting over the term "pop star" long ago.

Whether she is seen as a pop star or alternative queen doesn't affect my love for her work.

It's not about how much she looks/acts/sings/performs like a pop star, it's just that she doesn't make pop music :emma: She's an alternative artist who has, more than once, publicly denounced and criticized her own success, going against the grain of anything a "pop star" is supposed to be on a lyrical level and in her interviews so there really isn't one good reason why she should be grouped next to the typical pop girls.

It's just a sad consequence of individual female artists automatically falling into that competitive "star" category because of wide exposure, a gay following and a semi-obsessive (in a pop cultural way) fanbase. Would never happen with a male artist.

Archived