Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are you jealous of Ellie Goulding?

Creyk

Featured Posts

Can you imagine thriller with like seven extra songs that were mediocre? I want Gaga to put out the best eleven damn songs she has (and gives three good cuts for deluxe tracks) so that when critics review it all they can review are the amazing songs

Why do you care about what the critics say? It's pointless to me, they can't influence whether I like a song or not.

Besides, successful artist like Katy consistently get subpar reviews when in reality, people love her music and use it a lot. Reviews are meaningless.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FRANK1991

So much to learn, TFM 8 songs 

I was just about to say the same thing

still my all time favorite album/EP in the world, it's perfect

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

JusKeepBreathin

Of course some people would say "I'd rather have 10 good songs than 25  where 10 are fillers" but that is stupid thinking. if you don't like a song, you can just discard it and don't play it anymore. Somewhere in the world, that very song you despise will be someone else's life-changing favorite. So the more music an artist puts out, the better.

Nice try but thats not how a cohesive album works. Good artists don't throw s*** to a wall to see what sticks. Well, at least not the good artists. I like Ellie so my comment is not about her. I hope her album does well. It seems like it's blocking Lana though which has 14 tracks. I like both of them, but I stream my music so I won't be buying anything. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

tomsches

No, because I really don't like albums that are that long. Usually there are many fillers on those kind of albums and towards the end they get repetetive.

I'd rather wait 5 year for a 10-track album then 1 year for 20

Nice try but thats not how a cohesive album works. Good artists don't throw s*** to a wall to see what sticks. Well, at least not the good artists. I like Ellie so my comment is not about her. I hope her album does well. It seems like it's blocking Lana though which has 14 tracks. I like both of them, but I stream my music so I won't be buying anything. 

ARTPOP wasn't choesive :shrug:

So she could have added 6 more tracks

Dominic

I completely understand where you are coming from and of course I'd love to have more tracks from Gaga, especially because I sometimes listen to more of the unreleased tracks than I do album tracks but it really is down to quality.

I can't wait for this album though, it took me a few listens to enjoy OMM but Ellie always delivers a cohesive and amazing album so I'm not worried. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

HausOfHarlow

I understand the thrill and excitement of a long album being released... It does give the listener more to listen to and potentially fall in love with. The problem I have, is I usually always like the least popular tracks, or some of the filler material -- which never gets played live, which makes me sad. 

I agree with most of you, a cohesive album is what that is much more packed, and shorter. Halcyon Days (the re-issue) with all the bonus tracks in MY iTunes is 34 tracks long... Which is insane. 

19 from Halcyon. 10 from Halcyon Days. Beating Heart. Hanging On (Remix). Outside. LMLYD. Don't Leave. All "random" tracks / "random" singles that I've decided to lump together in the same era. It takes too long to listen to them all, and they all start sounding the same. I think for the new album, she shouldn't have put out a deluxe edition, and instead cut down a few standard edition tracks and potentially make the extras deluxe. 

JusKeepBreathin

ARTPOP wasn't choesive :shrug:

So she could have added 6 more tracks

That can be argued, but I'm not here to argue it. The ARTPOP topic has been done to death. You are saying more is better just so you can listen to more music from the artist. The fact is Gaga gave you a 14 tracks the following year in C2C. If you are saying more songs are better because you get to enjoy the artist more, then you have to understand that Lady Gaga gave you 29 tacks in two years. Thats far more music in 2 years time than any another artist. She also gave you 2 brand new concerts in 2 years time. So she is also giving you more of a variety in your concert experience than any other artist. Like you said if you don't like it someone else in the world will, if you didn't like C2C 1 million other people in the world did. So Ellie is still about 7 tracks behind what Lady Gaga did and she won't be putting out another album until 2017 or 2018. There is no point in ARTPOP being any longer when she gave you a full new album the following year. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

That can be argued, but I'm not here to argue it. The ARTPOP topic has been done to death. You are saying more is better just so you can listen to more music from the artist. The fact is Gaga gave you a 14 tracks the following year in C2C. If you are saying more songs are better because you get to enjoy the artist more, then you have to understand that Lady Gaga gave you 29 tacks in two years. Thats far more music in 2 years time than any another artist. She also gave you 2 brand new concerts in 2 years time. So she is also giving you more of a variety in your concert experience than any other artist. Like you said if you don't like it someone else in the world will, if you didn't like C2C 1 million other people in the world did. So Ellie is still about 7 tracks behind what Lady Gaga did and she won't be putting out another album until 2017 or 2018. There is no point in ARTPOP being any longer when she gave you a full new album the following year. 

Hmm that's a really nice perspective to have on things :)

It's nice to put a positive spin on things like that, I like it :hunty:

Why do you care about what the critics say? It's pointless to me, they can't influence whether I like a song or not.

Besides, successful artist like Katy consistently get subpar reviews when in reality, people love her music and use it a lot. Reviews are meaningless.

I don't look at them as meaningless by I understand why you would think so. I don't let critics influence what I think but I do believe that when an album is more critically received its more likely to sell more more likely to win Grammys and more likely to go down in history.. And I know I'd love to see more of that for Gaga

Archived