Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Metacritic reviews for Lana Del Rey's 'Honeymoon' 79/100 (NEW REVIEws)

Yanko

Featured Posts

Cody Draco

I'm a hypocrite. I don't really care about critics or their reviews, but I'm secretly hoping she receives a good score in general.

I don't care about them either, my love for the album won't change.

I just find it entertaining to see what other people have to say about it.

And I'm curious to see how it will be received compared to her past works. :yes:

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Redstreak

I'm reading it now but I don't see a score anywhere? How does metacritic count that? :duck:

Many critics include some sort of grade for the movie, album, TV show, or game they are reviewing, whether it is on a 5-star scale, a 100-point scale, a letter grade, or other mark. However, plenty of other reviewers choose not to do this. Hey, that's great... they want you to actually read their review rather than just glance at a number. (Personally, we at Metacritic like to read reviews, which is one of the reasons we include a link to every full review on our site....we want you to read them too!)

However, this does pose a problem for our METASCORE computations, which are based on numbers, not qualitative concepts like art and emotions. (If only all of life were like that!) Thus, our staff must assign a numeric score, from 0-100, to each review that is not already scored by the critic. Naturally, there is some discretion involved here, and there will be times when you disagree with the score we assigned. However, our staffers have read a lot of reviews--and we mean a lot--and thus through experience are able to maintain consistency both from film to film and from reviewer to reviewer. When you read over 200 reviews from Manohla Dargis, you begin to develop a decent idea about when she's indicating a 90 and when she's indicating an 80.

Note, however, that our staff will not attempt to assign super-exact scores like 87 or 43, as doing so would be impossible. Typically, we will work in increments of 10 (so a good review will get a 60, 70, 80, 90, or 100), although in some instances we may also fall halfway in-between (such as a 75).

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Cody Draco

Many critics include some sort of grade for the movie, album, TV show, or game they are reviewing, whether it is on a 5-star scale, a 100-point scale, a letter grade, or other mark. However, plenty of other reviewers choose not to do this. Hey, that's great... they want you to actually read their review rather than just glance at a number. (Personally, we at Metacritic like to read reviews, which is one of the reasons we include a link to every full review on our site....we want you to read them too!)

However, this does pose a problem for our METASCORE computations, which are based on numbers, not qualitative concepts like art and emotions. (If only all of life were like that!) Thus, our staff must assign a numeric score, from 0-100, to each review that is not already scored by the critic. Naturally, there is some discretion involved here, and there will be times when you disagree with the score we assigned. However, our staffers have read a lot of reviews--and we mean a lot--and thus through experience are able to maintain consistency both from film to film and from reviewer to reviewer. When you read over 200 reviews from Manohla Dargis, you begin to develop a decent idea about when she's indicating a 90 and when she's indicating an 80.

Note, however, that our staff will not attempt to assign super-exact scores like 87 or 43, as doing so would be impossible. Typically, we will work in increments of 10 (so a good review will get a 60, 70, 80, 90, or 100), although in some instances we may also fall halfway in-between (such as a 75).

This seems really messy and if the staff doesn't like an artist they might give them a lower score. :rip:

Giorno Giovanna

the blackest day 

i'm glad for Lana that she has matured and grown up

you can really see it in her new album, weak men-dependant Lana got strong on her own finally

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

Cody Draco

the blackest day 

i'm glad for Lana that she has matured and grown up

you can really see it in her new album, weak men-dependant Lana got strong on her own finally

I put The Blackest Day up there with Ride as one of her most empowering songs tbh.

I'm glad someone else is able to see how Lana has evolved.

Most people just write her off as doing the same old thing but she changed on Ultraviolence with Shades of Cool, West Coast, Brooklyn Baby, etc. and has changed even more on this album with High By The Beach, Salvatore, and The Blackest Day.

She's found her strength and her worth. :yes:

Cody Draco

atrl said no :air:  idek lmao  

imma just wait fort meta to add reviews 

f*ck atrl I think it does :madge:

sputnik is one of the names I remember along with Boston Globe :madge:

Redstreak

Type in Metacritic FAQ on Google, go to the page and you should find a list of accepted sites

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

The 405
All Music Guide
Absolute Punk
Alternative Press*
American Songwriter
Austin Chronicle
Billboard.com
Blurt
Boston Globe
Chicago Tribune (Greg Kot)
Clash Music