Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Ellen DeGeneres On Caitlyn Jenner's Gay Marriage Stance

Zsolti

Featured Posts

If you are her personal PR manager, convince me.  If you are an average Joe with an overly sensitive demeanor, convince me.

You really are unable to see the supremely offensive irony of you responding in a transphobic way to what you perceive as Caitlyn Jenner having a weak stance on gay marriage?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MJHolland

I don't see what's wrong with what she said? She said she was in favor of gay marriage now but wasn't then?

Many many many people have flip flopped on this issue, which is not a bad thing. And not just republicans either. Do we all need to be reminded that people like Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama were very vocally against the idea of gay marriage up until 2012?! (Might I add they conveniently "evolved" right after a national poll held support in the majority for the first time in American history)

Bad Bromance

Exactly. She wants to be accepted, but she can't even accept the people in her own community. 

IKR??  For the record, though, I have no problem with Caitlyn.  I actually applaud her for having the guts to transition from male to female in the public eye but I'm not going to lie I was quite disappointed when I saw the interview today.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

MJHolland

Exactly. She wants to be accepted, but she can't even accept the people in her own community. 

She said she was in favor of letting anybody pursue their own happiness and get married to whomever they choose.

I will never understand the dramatic queens of GGD, ever lol.

IKR??  For the record, though, I have no problem with Caitlyn.  I actually applaud her for having the guts to transition from male to female in the public eye but I'm not going to lie I was quite disappointed when I saw the interview today.

I think you and other people are holding her to an irrationally high standard, she supports gay marriage, but doesn't support it enough?

Ultimately your response is respectable though, being disappointed is fine.

The vitriol is gross, the name calling is gross, the fact that people are reverting back to using male pronouns is gross. This forum is oozing with shallow people looking to crucify someone, and it's gross.

tylerjudas

She said she was in favor of letting anybody pursue their own happiness and get married to whomever they choose.

I will never understand the dramatic queens of GGD, ever lol.

It's bull****. She said that because she was on national television talking to a known lesbian. She is not for gay marriage and it couldn't be any more obvious. 

Bad Bromance

I think you and other people are holding her to an irrationally high standard, she supports gay marriage, but doesn't support it enough?

The vitriol is gross, the name calling is gross, the fact that people are reverting back to using male pronouns is gross. This forum is oozing with shallow people looking to crucify someone, and it's gross.

I completely agree with you that the name calling is disrespectful and that calling her him/he is disgusting when we know she has transitioned and identifies as female.  I am sure she'll come around and she'll end up accepting it wholeheartedly in the near future but since she never thought it would become a reality in this country, the thought of gay marriage probably never crossed her mind and she never really had a chance to digest the concept in full.

Praying that she clarifies what she said today so she doesn't receive any backlash from the general public and even the gay community who may deem her as a hypocrite.  I would hate for her to receive any backlash and take three steps back on all of the progress she has made.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

MJHolland

It's bull****. She said that because she was on national television talking to a known lesbian. She is not for gay marriage and it couldn't be any more obvious. 

Okay? That could be said for a lot of people. Hilary didn't "evolve" on gay marriage either until it because a majority opinion of American voters.

That doesn't (necessarily) mean that we should appreciate their support. By and large support is support. At least Caitlyn has the decency and social skills to try to make herself understand the issue. Don't be so shallow. 

MJHolland

Tactful and spot-on response right here ^ 

LoveandMagic

That's really disappointing, on many levels. Being transgender is a difficult concept for many people to grasp, a lot more education is needed before the people in the States can fully accept it for what it is; and I hate to break it to you Caitlyn but the party you subscribe to hates you and thinks others like you are perverted freaks. You will find no support there, just ridicule and condemnation even when they gladly accept your checks, The LGBT community was embracing you from the beginning. What a shame. 

Ellen is such a classy lady. Very kind and humble. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Get off her dick, and stop being judgmental jerks.

:air::air::air:

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

Who said that coming out as trans didn't raise her public profile? Not me. That is a meaningless point.

Andrew said he didn't understand how people like Caitlyn Jenner and Kylie Jenner became famous. Comparing their fame is not fair, because one is famous by association and the other became famous for being the most talented individual in their specific field. To diminish an individuals life time achievements because their step-daughter became famous from a s-x tape is asinine.

You aren't just negative, your an asshole for not using Caitlyn's preferred pronouns and name.

The insult was not necessary, but I agree with the rest of the post.

@Kabexuela - I understand you weren't trying to be disrespectful, but the way you said what you did is actually considered rude to trans people. It's something they get a lot- being called he/she, their identity being ignored, being called by an old name, etc. 

One a--logy I could think of would be if you got married and changed your name, but someone kept calling you by your maiden name because they didn't respect your marriage. It's rude, right? It's intentionally ignoring something important to you, a big life change you made, and finding ways to call you by the wrong name (even though it's one you previously had) just to diss on who you're with now. 

Kabexuela

@Kabexuela - I understand you weren't trying to be disrespectful, but the way you said what you did is actually considered rude to trans people. It's something they get a lot- being called he/she, their identity being ignored, being called by an old name, etc. 

One a--logy I could think of would be if you got married and changed your name, but someone kept calling you by your maiden name because they didn't respect your marriage. It's rude, right? It's intentionally ignoring something important to you, a big life change you made, and finding ways to call you by the wrong name (even though it's one you previously had) just to diss on who you're with now. 

I'm used to seeing her as Bruce before she ever changed her name so I still slip every now and then.  You can look at other comments in this thread that are just as offensive so get off my nuts please and thank you.  

I'm used to seeing her as Bruce before she ever changed her name so I still slip every now and then.  You can look at other comments in this thread that are just as offensive so get off my nuts please and thank you.  

I commented to you and Skank because you were both reported and your posts are what drew me to the thread again.

Regarding the part of your post where you told me to "get off [your] nuts" because other comments are "just as offensive," you don't need to pop an attitude with me when right above my response to you I told Skank his insult towards you was not necessary. 

Secondly, if the other comments are "just as offensive" then are you now saying your post was offensive? Previously you said you didn't mean to be disrespectful and you just let the wrong name slip.

Lastly, in my response to you all I did was try to explain why people (like Skank) would react negatively to what you said. Didn't say one rude thing to you, throw any shade, etc. I even said I understood that you weren't trying to be disrespectful.

You are right. Responding to negativity with negativity might feel good in the moment, but ultimately isn't very productive.

Archived