Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Ellen DeGeneres On Caitlyn Jenner's Gay Marriage Stance

Zsolti

Featured Posts

No, no, and NO.

If her 90 YEAR OLD mother can be accepting of her son transitioning, Caitlyn can get over the marriage bs. You cannot say that just because she's old that she has a right to be ignorant. 

And again, no, this isn't something she's identified as for a couple of months. Bruce has taking hormones in the 80s, this is something she has identified with for a very, very long time. A long enough time that she should know better by now.

Clock it! 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, no, and NO.

If her 90 YEAR OLD mother can be accepting of her son transitioning, Caitlyn can get over the marriage bs. You cannot say that just because she's old that she has a right to be ignorant. 

And again, no, this isn't something she's identified as for a couple of months. Bruce was taking hormones in the 80s, this is something she has identified with for a very, very long time. A long enough time that she should know better by now.

You didn't really read my post.

Caitlyn has publicly identifying as trans for a matter of months now. Janet Mock and Lavern Cox did not pop out of the closet being able to rattle off statistics and give inspirational speeches. It takes time. Caitlyn did not have the option of transitioning in private, so every awkward stage of the coming out process, every bit of ignorance from her former life, is on full display for people to criticize.

Caitlyn Jenner wasn't publicly advocating for conservative social values before her transition, these were beliefs she privately held. She is now admitting that her beliefs are evolving on the issue of gay marriage, like many of her generation, saying that she wont stand in the way of anyone's happiness. That isn't good enough for you? Saying her traditional point of view on marriage is of less importance then the happiness of gay people, that isn't good enough?

You all are holding her to a perverse standard. A lot of you are acting like ignorant tumblr girls who are pissed that their fav is slightly problematic. I hate to see this site when people realize Gaga's parents are both registered Republicans...

Be patient, and treat her the same way you would want to be treated.

I think it's worth noting Caitlyn Jenner is not calling herself a spokesmen for the transgender community. Considering her position as a celebrated Olympian, and as a member of one of the most famous/infamous American families of all time, it was inevitable that she would become the poster girl for the trans community.

Actually consider it.

She has only done three media appearances. First, the Diane Sawyer interview. We can all agree, that interview was incredibly graceful in its handling of Caitlyn announcement. It was educational and an eye opening television program for millions of clueless Americans. Second, the Espy Awards, where she used her moment in the sun as a platform to bring attention to the plight of transgender Americans, particularly the crisis of suicide among trans youth. Thirdly, an appearance on Ellen. Which she used to give attention to a wonderful young trans person of color who has been denied entrance to nursing schools based on her status as a trans woman.

Her reality show is nothing like Keeping Up With The Kardashians. It's arguably the most educational program American television audiences have ever seen regarding trans issues.

At every turn it seems like Caitlyn is humbling herself. She is constantly admitting that her experience is an exceptional one, and nothing like the hardships faced daily by other trans individuals. She is treating this experience as a learning process, and is clearly attempting to do some good.

For us to turn our back on her as if she were an Uncle Tom for merely admitting that certain aspects of queer life butt heads with her previously held values is ****ed up. The gay community is acting like a bunch of short sited, nasty, vultures.

We need to stop being so eager to tear people down. We need to allow Caitlyn Jenner a grace period to figure things out. And we need to stop acting like the only ally worth having is one that is perfect.

Computer

I expect more from Ellen and from users on this site. Calling Caitlyn Jenner an idiot for not being liberal enough is just so wrong. She said that while she values tradition when it comes to marriage she isn't going to stand in the way of another person's happiness, that is a statement in support of gay marriage.

Take a second to put yourself in the shoes of a conservative senior citizen that has only publicly identified as trans for a matter of months. Give her time to learn and grow.

Get off her dick, and stop being judgmental jerks.

I agree.

Ellen says "I don't understand it but I want her to be happy, and I wish she felt the same for me."

The part about just wanting people to be happy is exactly what Jenner expressed so I don't know what Ellen's problem is.  And saying now she doesn't totally understand Caitlyn, that is worse than anything Jenner said about gay marriage.  

And in addition Ellen is talking bad about a guest behind their back.  It seems quite rude.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Andreyw

Dumb as the rest of her famous family members :rip: it's beyond my understanding how individuals like this or Kylie Jenner get famous :duck: 

Dumb as the rest of her famous family members :rip: it's beyond my understanding how individuals like this or Kylie Jenner get famous :duck: 

Are you dumb for not knowing that Cailtyn Jenner is famous for being a celebrated gold metal winning Olympic athlete, or do you get a free pass for being ignorant because you aren't a Kardashian?

GloZell Green

Are you dumb for not knowing that Cailtyn Jenner is famous for being a celebrated gold metal winning Olympic athlete, or do you get a free pass for being ignorant because you aren't a Kardashian?

You do realize that very little people praised her for that, right :awkney: Little people cared about her before, but the whole transgender thing helped get her attention. Kim made a s-x tape and then Courtney and the forgettable one had fame because of that. They literally got famous for posting nudes on Instagram, and Kylie wouldn't be as talked about if she wasn't a Kardashian :toofunny:

Lady Gaga | Shakira

You do realize that very little people praised her for that, right :awkney: Little people cared about her before, but the whole transgender thing helped get her attention. Kim made a s-x tape and then Courtney and the forgettable one had fame because of that. They literally got famous for posting nudes on Instagram, and Kylie wouldn't be as talked about if she wasn't a Kardashian :toofunny:

To compare Kylie Jenner's unwarrented fame-by-association, to the fame of a talented and celebrated athlete is moronic.

Caitlyn was famous before she married into the Kardiashin family. The world didn't start spinning in 2005 when Kim took Ray J's dick into her vag. Just because a generation of people only know Caitlyn Jenner as the Dad from the Kardashians doesn't mean she wasn't a house hold name before hand.

****, what is with people today.

GloZell Green

To compare Kylie Jenner's unwarrented fame-by-association, to the fame of a talented celebrated athlete is moronic.

Caitlyn was famous before she married into the Kardiashin family. The world didn't start spinning in 2005 when Kim took Ray J's dick into her vag. Just because a generation of people only Caitlyn Jenner as the Dad from the Kardashians doesn't mean she wasn't a house hold name before hand.

****, what is with people today.

So you're going to tell me she had the same amount of fame before the transgender thing? Do you understand how controversy works here in the U.S.?

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Kabexuela

I just wish the LGBT community, and Trans community especially had better representation, because God knows Caitlyn went from being a brave Queen to being nothing more than a confused Kardashian.

This is the best statement I have read since his/her transformation.  Call me negative but something is off about Bruce.  

So you're going to tell me she had the same amount of fame before the transgender thing? Do you understand how controversy works here in the U.S.?

Who said that coming out as trans didn't raise her public profile? Not me. That is a meaningless point.

Andrew said he didn't understand how people like Caitlyn Jenner and Kylie Jenner became famous. Comparing their fame is not fair, because one is famous by association and the other became famous for being the most talented individual in their specific field. To diminish an individuals life time achievements because their step-daughter became famous from a s-x tape is asinine.

This is the best statement I have read since his/her transformation.  Call me negative but something is off about Bruce.  

You aren't just negative, your an asshole for not using Caitlyn's preferred pronouns and name.

Kabexuela

Who said that coming out as trans didn't raise her public profile? Not me. That is a meaningless point.

Andrew said he didn't understand how people like Caitlyn Jenner and Kylie Jenner became famous. Comparing their fame is not fair, because one is famous by association and the other became famous for being the most talented individual in their specific field. To diminish an individuals life time achievements because their step-daughter became famous from a s-x tape is asinine.

You aren't just negative, your an asshole for not using Caitlyn's preferred pronouns and name.

If you are her personal PR manager, convince me.  If you are an average Joe with an overly sensitive demeanor, convince me.

Bad Bromance

I expect more from Ellen and from users on this site. Calling Caitlyn Jenner an idiot for not being liberal enough is just so wrong. She said that while she values tradition when it comes to marriage she isn't going to stand in the way of another person's happiness, that is a statement in support of gay marriage.

Take a second to put yourself in the shoes of a conservative senior citizen that has only publicly identified as trans for a matter of months. Give her time to learn and grow.

Get off her dick, and stop being judgmental jerks.

That is your opinion and I respect you and everybody else who has a different opinion than me but I still stand by what I said.  It's quite disheartening that she isn't 100% on board with gay marriage because, let's just say, her views on gay marriage haven't fully evolved with the times.  Then how on earth does she ask the general public to understand her transition from male to female?  That's my only problem with this whole thing.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

tylerjudas

That is your opinion and I respect you and everybody else who has a different opinion than me but I still stand by what I said.  It's quite disheartening that she isn't 100% on board with gay marriage because, let's just say, her views on gay marriage haven't fully evolved with the times.  Then how on earth does she ask the general public to understand her transition from male to female?  That's my only problem with this whole thing.

Exactly. She wants to be accepted, but she can't even accept the people in her own community. 

Archived