💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
thought

I'm sad for Lana Del Rey

Carmex

Featured Posts

It saddens me how she's pretty much fading. Especially her status as a public figure. People have been let down by her music since Paradise and most notably Ultraviolence, and fans are saying how she's not delivering the type of music they want from her and it all just makes me really upset. I personally enjoy the music she puts out nowadays, like, I think Terrence Loves You is a beautiful song. I think people (fans especially) are too far up Born To Die's ass, along with her more general and causal listeners. I know her sales for Honeymoon will pretty much be a steep decline from the 1 million that Ultraviolence pulled off, and I'm prepared for it. I kind of just wish she'd stay popular like she was during Born To Die forever. I think she's so talented lyrically and she's gifted vocally, and I just think she's overall an amazing artist and an even more amazing person. I really do love and enjoy her and her music. She has never let me down.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hecturr

If she doesn't care and is happy with the music she's creating you shouldn't really care either.

She seems happy nowadays.

Supersonic

I'm not sad for somebody who wishes death and disease upon a 17-year-old kid just because they said the Born To Die video was somewhat pompous and materialistic.

VforVendetta

Lana Del Rey is an alternative act, she has a lot of success already (though her music is not groundbreaking or anything for the alternative gerne). The thing with her is that eventhough she broke into the mainstream, people were never really that impressed by her. Most people still claim that she can't sing live, that her songs are all the same and that she was forced into the GP with her debut to become famous (some of these claims make sense). And don't take this as hate, I own BTD album and I really enbjoy it but the truth is the truth,

If she doesn't care and is happy with the music she's creating you shouldn't really care either.

She seems happy nowadays.

I don't care but when fellows fans think things like that about her it just bothers me. And I worry for her. I don't want her to feel bad about herself as an artist from what some of her fans are saying. 

She is very happy. I'm happy for her. She's in an amazing place. 

I'm not sad for somebody who wishes death and disease upon a 17-year-old kid just because they said the Born To Die video was somewhat pompous and materialistic.

What are you even talking about?

Lana Del Rey is an alternative act, she has a lot of success already (though her music is not groundbreaking or anything for the alternative gerne). The thing with her is that eventhough she broke into the mainstream, people were never really that impressed by her. Most people still claim that she can't sing live, that her songs are all the same and that she was forced into the GP with her debut to become famous (some of these claims make sense). And don't take this as hate, I own BTD album and I really enbjoy it but the truth is the truth,

She can sing very well.

Her songs are similar but she has been using the same muse, topics, words, themes, etc for years. She seems to be changing it up though. See: Ultraviolence and now Honeymoon so far sounds very different from her other music.

Diamond Heart

Its because she kinda abandoned the sound (BTD) that made her incredibly popular, and changed it for UV, which i think put a lot of people off her. Like i was a total Lana STAN during BTD and Paradise, and UV did absolutely nothing for me, i practically forced myself to like West Coast before the album dropped and when it did i was really disappointed. I dont think UV is a bad album, just not my kinda thing and a lot of the casual lana listeners i know say the same thing.

That being said, you shouldnt be sad about it. Lana is the type that you can tell doesnt give a **** about commercial success.

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Jenniferella

Pretty sure she's proud to be where she is today, I also think that she just wants to make music and she's great at it so I don't see any shadow on the map. 

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Radio Ga Ga

I think it really depends on when you became a fan. I only started to like lana del rey during ultraviolence, and therefore that was my favorite album and i honestly don't like born to die that much. Most Lana fans are fans when born to die came out, so it's more likely for them to be disappointed with her changing styles and artistic growth.

VforVendetta

She can sing very well.

Her songs are similar but she has been using the same muse, topics, words, themes, etc for years. She seems to be changing it up though. See: Ultraviolence and now Honeymoon so far sounds very different from her other music.

She can sing ok now, after some training but she is far from very well/

Also I've heard before from others as well that her newer music sounds very different from her old one. The truth is that I don't notice it that much, actually I find her new music far more grey and lifeless thatn her debut.

She's almost like a silent icon, she doesn't really impact the charts a lot anymore and she isn't in the public eye as much but her music still impacts a lot of people and she has a strong effect on fashion/art and pop culture. She'll always be there creating and impacting popular culture, she's just not in everyones faces; she'll be doing her own thing, doing what she loves and subsequently still making an impact.

That's what happens when you release only one good song (HBTB) in 2 eras. 

Born To Die remains her one and only peak. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Its because she kinda abandoned the sound (BTD) that made her incredibly popular, and changed it for UV, which i think put a lot of people off her. Like i was a total Lana STAN during BTD and Paradise, and UV did absolutely nothing for me, i practically forced myself to like West Coast before the album dropped and when it did i was really disappointed. I dont think UV is a bad album, just not my kinda thing and a lot of the casual lana listeners i know say the same thing.

That being said, you shouldnt be sad about it. Lana is the type that you can tell doesnt give a **** about commercial success.

Ultraviolence did so much for me. The album, really sort of, I don't want to say changed me, so I won't. But it brought out parts of me that were maybe hidden before. This album really impacted me as a person and as a music listener. The songs on this album, I've made memories too. Some good, and some bad. I'll cherish Ultraviolence forever.

But I can see why some people didn't appreciate it as much. It was very different from Born To Die. And I know she doesn't care about commercial success, but she does care about her fans. I want her fans to be happy with her work. It just seems like every time she releases a new song, fans are always disappointed. 

Jenniferella

That's what happens when you release only one good song (HBTB) in 2 eras. 

Born To Die remains her one and only peak. 

Subjective. To me, UV is the best album. 

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Archived