Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
thought

I'm sad for Lana Del Rey

Carmex

Featured Posts

That's what happens when you release only one good song (HBTB) in 2 eras. 

Born To Die remains her one and only peak. 

Her peak? No. Prime? Sure.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She can sing ok now, after some training but she is far from very well/

Also I've heard before from others as well that her newer music sounds very different from her old one. The truth is that I don't notice it that much, actually I find her new music far more grey and lifeless thatn her debut.

She CAN sing well. She's showcased it many times. She's no Mariah or Whitney but she definitely knows her abilities and sings in the keys she can and she executes it well. Her songs go well with her abilities as a singer, even if they are very limited. That being said, her speaking voice is just gorgeous. It doesn't take MUCH effort for her to sound the same when singing a song of hers like Video Games.

I think it really depends on when you became a fan. I only started to like lana del rey during ultraviolence, and therefore that was my favorite album and i honestly don't like born to die that much. Most Lana fans are fans when born to die came out, so it's more likely for them to be disappointed with her changing styles and artistic growth.

I've been a fan since Video Games, and I think UV is her best album yet.

Jenniferella

Thank you. Lyrically it's simply beautiful.

The raw, less polished sound is amazing, it really suits her persona. I still can't get over songs like Cruel World, Shades of Cool, Brooklyn Baby, Old Money... Great album !

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

VforVendetta

It's strange cause I loved all of BTD album, I love playing it from start to finish and from her last two albums I only likes West Coast, Ultraviolence and somewhat HBTB. Only 3 songs and these with efford. I mean with BTD her music was monotonous as well but it was spiritual, catchy and with great lyrics. Now she has still great lyrics but the music is completely uninteresting and uninspiring, you barelly notice it in many songs and the catchyness is all gone. This is not transforming imo, this is going backwards in quality.

Radio Ga Ga

The raw, less polished sound is amazing, it really suits her persona. I still can't get over songs like Cruel World, Shades of Cool, Brooklyn Baby, Old Money... Great album !

I know, and there are songs on it that are super underrated like old money, money power glory, the other woman

I couldn't agree more. The album has some of the best songs she's ever written. Like Brooklyn Baby, Old Money, Florida Kilos, Flipside, etc. It's a masterpiece of an album. 

It's strange cause I loved all of BTD album, I love playing it from start to finish and from her last two albums I only likes West Coast, Ultraviolence and somewhat HBTB. Only 3 songs and these with efford. I mean with BTD her music was monotonous as well but it was spiritual and catchy as well. Now she has still great lyrics but the music is completely uninteresting and uninspiring, you barelly notice it in many songs and the catchyness is all gone. This is not transforming imo, this is going backwards in quality.

She's always had amazing lyrics. I guess the style in which she produces the music and everything just turns some people off. 

Angel Down

Actually, I consider Lana to be my hidden treasure now... I wasn't a fan during the BTD era, but when UV came out, I was really captivated by it mysteriously. Each and every song on the album is precious to me, (Shades Of Cool, Old Money, Black Beauty, Pretty When You Cry) oh God, these songs are but total masterpieces. The lyrics are so beautiful and profound. The melodies, her vocals, the RAGE she conveys. It's one of my all time favourite albums. Flawless...

Now, after listening to Honeymoon and Terrence Loves you, I can say that I'm even more in love with her. I'm falling in love with Lana everyday more and more. I can't wait for her new album, which I hope resembles the sound of Honeymoon and TLY more than HBTB. She's my treasure because her music is not popular, not everybody likes it, consequently I can feel so personally connected to it. I wouldn't change her for anything. I hope she always does what she truly wants to without giving a **** about people who judge her and want her to always be the BTD type of singer. There are many things I loop up to Lana's personality. And not giving a f*ck is one of them... 

Lana wasn't happy with BTD & she hates promoting her work. All she wants to do is make music & put it out for those who care. She seems happier than ever. I was worried about her till UV dropped, but she's in a much safer space now. Her music is getting better & she isn't forced anymore to promote on national tv or give interviews if she doesn't want to. Just cos she has the potential to be an icon doesn't mean she wants to be one. So I am the opposite of worried :) 

I'm not sad for somebody who wishes death and disease upon a 17-year-old kid just because they said the Born To Die video was somewhat pompous and materialistic.

She was totally justified in doing that though

Stephen

I'm not sad for somebody who wishes death and disease upon a 17-year-old kid just because they said the Born To Die video was somewhat pompous and materialistic.

WAT are you trolling me vodka

RAMROD

I don't think she is fading.

Her music is segmented anyway.

It is not like she have ever super famous.

Some stars doesn't always have to twinkle so bright as a northern star.

So long it shines, it will make the sky stunningly beautiful.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived