Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

This year's biggest flop?

Spock

Featured Posts

crisTEAne

Definitely. When Gaga says those things, she's considered pretentious, but when other artists say it, they are labelled heroes of the music industry... Something's not quite right there. :awkney: 

exactly. let's not forget about kanye's stream-of-consciousness at the VMAs. he was praised by so many here. i guess the same people praised gagz instantly for her sxsw keynote speech. oh, wait... some even called gagz pretentious because she stated in her latest interview that oftentimes writing music is a better way to convey a message. :awkney:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am pretty sure the BIGGEST  flop was Rebel Heart, poor Madonna

American Oxygen was really tragic too though.

exactly. let's not forget about kanye's stream-of-consciousness at the VMAs. he was praised by so many here. i guess the same people praised gagz instantly for her sxsw keynote speech. oh, wait... some even called gagz pretentious because she stated in her latest interview that oftentimes writing music is a better way to convey a message. :awkney:

That is not the same though.

Kanye is a guy so ppl will treat him differently and take him more seriously :shrug:

crisTEAne

That is not the same though.

Kanye is a guy so ppl will treat him differently and take him more seriously :shrug:

if that's the case, it speaks volumes of the way our society works. patriarchal preconceptions and misogyny everywhere? nice. :koons: 

if that's the case, it speaks volumes of the way our society works. patriarchal preconceptions and misogyny everywhere? nice. :koons: 

You know it works that way, don't you?

Of course you are free to disapprove of it but that doesn't change the fact that that is just how it is and it's not gonna change in our lifetime :shrug:

PrinceGaga

Don't get me started on Kanye's speech :awkney: once the 3 minutes of him letting everyone cheer for him finished that is :awkney: 

It just proves that even a very well spoken, intelligent, talented woman in pop music still struggles to be taken seriously. Kanye has made some dumb choices and comes back taking words from Gaga's mouth and gets praise for it over her, which makes zero sense to me. Whatever, hopefully one day people will realise how special she is. Many legends have a while ago, so hopefully the GP will wake up soon.

crisTEAne

You know it works that way, don't you?

Of course you are free to disapprove of it but that doesn't change the fact that that is just how it is and it's not gonna change in our lifetime :shrug:

of course i disapprove of it. however, there are certain changes taking place in the world right now. for instance, the tv show sphere is really going through a phase—i've written a research essay on this topic—that is characterized by purposefully putting female, often marginalized and disenfranchised, characters in positions of power that are normally filled by white males. gagz exemplifies that there are certain females in the pop sphere that are able to change, or at least affect, the status quo for the better. also, electing a female president would certainly help a great deal.

the point is that it may not change in our lifetime fully, but we're on the right track. i hope so, at least. :yes: 

Archived