Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Taylor Swift is actually a good performer

Fiona Apple

Featured Posts

Fiona Apple

She is definitely better than Selena and Katy, not sure about Demi tho. I think Demi has what Taylor not, passion. Taylor tends to be very stiff and I think that holds her back from being considered a great performer. 

She is good but in my opinion she is one of the least entertaining pop stars out there.

That has to do with the vocals mostly imo. It's true though that Demi has more passion.It's a matter of opinion I guess. I prefer Taylor

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiona Apple

Entertaining and inspiring is where I draw the line between a good performer and a decent one.

Taylor is not a great performer like Gaga,Beyonce or Madonna as I said in the OP. But she is a good one.Definitely not a horrible one as many people here think

Taylor is not a great performer like Gaga,Beyonce or Madonna as I said in the OP. But she is a good one.Definitely not a horrible one as many people here think

Considering the fact that she's been a performer for 10 years now, saying she's good is a stretch. She's decent.

Fiona Apple

Considering the fact that she's been a performer for 10 years now, saying she's good is a stretch. She's decent.

Imo she is good... She couldn't do what she is doing better.. Speak Now and Red are flawless tours. Not everyone has to be an incredible dancer.. I haven't watched in HD but I am sure it will be pretty good too

DrewStevens

That has to do with the vocals mostly imo. It's true though that Demi has more passion.It's a matter of opinion I guess. I prefer Taylor

I don't really judge a performer based on vocals. I mean... I consider Kesha a better performer than Taylor but Taylor is a better singer. I just find the other more entertaining and passionate. But it's a matter of opinion.

Fiona Apple

I don't really judge a performer based on vocals. I mean... I consider Kesha a better performer than Taylor but Taylor is a better singer. I just find the other more entertaining and passionate. But it's a matter of opinion.

Well I actually stan Kesha.But imo she is not even half as good as Taylor in performing..So we probably care about different aspects of the performers

The best thing about Taylor live is her connection to her fans.

She makes you feel included and everyone is singing along every word and laughing at her jokes and crying at her amazing speeches. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

SlaeUrAnus

You do not need vocals to be a good performer, just look at Britney and Madonna. 

In my messy era.

Fiona Apple

You do not need vocals to be a good performer, just look at Britney and Madonna. 

Britney is a horrible performer nowadays though.. :deadbanana: She lipsyncs every word and her dancing is below average

SlaeUrAnus

Britney is a horrible performer nowadays though.. :deadbanana: She lipsyncs every word and her dancing is below average

Britney has always lipsynced thought :laughga: but she was a really good entertainer. 

In my messy era.

Nothing about this performance (or any other performance of hers I've seen) really grabbed me. And I listened to a handful of her speeches from the 1989 tour and I didn't feel she was speaking with her heart. She's saying nice stuff that I'm glad her fans are hearing, I just don't feel the soul in her voice when she reads that script. (Or perhaps I'm too used to Gaga who tends to be extremely emotional with that stuff :sweat:)

That being said, I will agree that she is a good performer. I think she's just missing that extra oomph, and in my opinion that extra oomph is a little un-choreographed genuine heart and soul. 

Fiona Apple

Britney has always lipsynced thought :laughga: but she was a really good entertainer. 

Yea but the problem with dancing is that when you get older it usually gets bad (if you are not Madonna)

There are performers that are better, there are performers that are worse. Taylor was kind of in the middle. I can only personally comment on her performance abilities since Speak Now since that's the first tour of hers I've been to, but she is actually pretty good now. Not Gaga or Beyonce levels but it's clear she made progress

who will love me when the night is over

gagaisitalian

She is better than Selena and Katy.

But not better than Demi and Miley.

What makes Taylor really stand out though, is the fact that she can really put on a magical concert. I saw the Red Tour and it was just amazing start to finish. And I'm seeing the 1989 Tour twice just because I think her concerts are that amazing.

Archived