💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Taylor Swift is actually a good performer

Fiona Apple

Featured Posts

Fiona Apple

I see people here shading her all the time about her "bad" live vocals and her awkward moves.. But she is actually really good. I watched a lot of random videos from her tours today and I am actually impressed..She ain't no Lady Gaga or Beyonce..But she is definitely a better performer than Selena,Demi,Katy Perry etc. imo.. What do you think? 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better than Demi?

tumblr_mjo48x1cfh1rojq9mo3_250.gif

The poor girl can even handle a single note while performing, that's why I prefer her country songs, because they suit her voice better. She usually runs out of breath all the time (specifically during the 1989 era), so I don't know if she's not used to pop songs or if she just doesn't have a good technique.

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Fiona Apple

Better than Demi?

tumblr_mjo48x1cfh1rojq9mo3_250.gif

The poor girl can even handle a single note while performing, that's why I prefer her country songs, because they suit her voice better. She usually runs out of breath all the time (specifically during the 1989 era), so I don't know if she's not used to pop songs or if she just doesn't have a good technique.

Demi has a better voice but imo she is a very awkward performer..The dancing is always horrible and I am a big fan.. It's true that Taylor is better for the country songs but she is good now too

Fiona Apple

A performer's duty is to inspire. Taylor Swift doesn't do that.

Did you watch videos from the 1989 tour? I am sure you didn't.Because she made some of the most amazing speeches I've ever seen in a tour.

Did you watch videos from the 1989 tour? I am sure you didn't.Because she made some of the most amazing speeches I've ever seen in a tour.

Anyone could motivate through a speech. I'm purely talking performing abilities.

Supersonic

A performer's duty is to inspire. Taylor Swift doesn't do that.

A. I thought her tour speeches about being self-deprecating, depression and low self-esteem and how she is trying to overcome it were kinda inspiring.

B. A performer's duty is to entertain, not inspire. There are a lot of performers I don't personally find inspiring in any way, yet I can't just delegitimaze their craft or abilities. That's kinda harsh.

Demi has a better voice but imo she is a very awkward performer..The dancing is always horrible and I am a big fan.. It's true that Taylor is better for the country songs but she is good now too

Demi being awkward onstage could be just perception. Like for me, Lorde is a good performer, but people think she's awkward and cringe worthy. Back on Taylor, she still looks like she's lost onstage everytime I watch her perform... She just goes here and there, walking around the stage. She can't even dominate the crowd (they just keep on screaming or half of them is dead).

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Fiona Apple

Anyone could motivate through a speech. I'm purely talking performing abilities.

She is doing her thing.And she is doing it well :love: Not everyone has to be a Madonna

DrewStevens

She is definitely better than Selena and Katy, not sure about Demi tho. I think Demi has what Taylor not, passion. Taylor tends to be very stiff and I think that holds her back from being considered a great performer. 

She is good but in my opinion she is one of the least entertaining pop stars out there.

Fiona Apple

Demi being awkward onstage could be just perception. Like for me, Lorde is a good performer, but people think she's awkward and cringe worthy. Back on Taylor, she still looks like she's lost onstage everytime I watch her perform... She just goes here and there, walking around the stage. She can't even dominate the crowd (they just keep on screaming or half of them is dead).

Did you even watch the video I sent you? She has a light choreography during the whole song and she is singing very well.... Lorde is awkward and cringeworthy on purpose imo.. She likes it that way.. Demi is usually trying to dance like a popstar or when she doesn't she just runs over the stage..And also her vocals (like Katy Perry) sound quite bad when she tries to dance... She is a very good singer,but not a good performer

A. I thought her tour speeches about being self-deprecating, depression and low self-esteem and how she is trying to overcome it were kinda inspiring.

B. A performer's duty is to entertain, not inspire. There are a lot of performers I don't personally find inspiring in any way, yet I can't just delegitimaze their craft or abilities. That's kinda harsh.

Entertaining and inspiring is where I draw the line between a good performer and a decent one.

Archived