💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Katy Perry untalented?

Pop

Featured Posts

I would say Katy has some talent, but nothing extremely remarkable.

Katy is a great popstar! I think she is marketed very well and has a great team behind her. I can see how she is appealing, I'm not sure what her standout talent is though.

I mean, this is less a dig at Katy and more a dig at the industry at large, but I think there are artists out there that are more talented as musicians and/or performers that don't receive the same sort of treatment by record labels as people like Katy because they are not as 'pretty' or don't seem as marketable.

I'd rather see an average looking person with talent that seems to transcend what we think is possible than an outstandingly pretty, easy to digest performer with a catalogue of hits produced by a top team of pop producers and writers.

In other words I'd rather see an artist/performer with an outstanding voice or another incredible skill (songwriting, musician who can play like no one else, amazing dancer) than someone with average abilities who is strikingly good looking.

That's my problem with Katy, sure she has talent. She can sing and she writes a lot of her material but she doesn't have an outstanding voice and she writes with Bonnie Mckee and Dr.Luke/Max Martin who are the dream team in the pop world.

Her talent, in my eyes, doesn't seem remarkable enough to validate the amount of promotion she receives. I'd rather her label promoted and matched Dr.Luke/Max Martin with an artist who has an incredible voice, is a remarkable songwriter, can play an instrument like no-one else and/or can dance like Britney in her prime. I want someone who blows me away with their talent, not somebody that garners a "This performance was good for them, their voice was pleasant and they attempted some choreography". 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sipthistea

I would say Katy has some talent, but nothing extremely remarkable.

Katy is a great popstar! I think she is marketed very well and has a great team behind her. I can see how she is appealing, I'm not sure what her standout talent is though.

I mean, this is less a dig at Katy and more a dig at the industry at large, but I think there are artists out there that are more talented as musicians and/or performers that don't receive the same sort of treatment by record labels as people like Katy because they are not as 'pretty' or don't seem as marketable.

I'd rather see an average looking person with talent that seems to transcend what we think is possible than an outstandingly pretty, easy to digest performer with a catalogue of hits produced by a top team of pop producers and writers.

In other words I'd rather see an artist/performer with an outstanding voice or another incredible skill (songwriting, musician who can play like no one else, amazing dancer) than someone with average abilities who is strikingly good looking.

That's my problem with Katy, sure she has talent. She can sing and she writes a lot of her material but she doesn't have an outstanding voice and she writes with Bonnie Mckee and Dr.Luke/Max Martin who are the dream team in the pop world.

Her talent, in my eyes, doesn't seem remarkable enough to validate the amount of promotion she receives. I'd rather her label promoted and matched Dr.Luke/Max Martin with an artist who has an incredible voice, is a remarkable songwriter, can play an instrument like no-one else and/or can dance like Britney in her prime. I want someone who blows me away with their talent, not somebody that garners a "This performance was good for them, their voice was pleasant and they attempted some choreography". 

THIS

We want to cheer and be amazed by artists, rather than this toleration and condescension with some pop acts 

FATCAT

Well I do think reaching such a level of success is a talent. Nobody specified what kind of talent we were talking about.

To me the Kardashians are business geniuses, and the reason they're so famous is because they're the best in the world at what they do.

They're famous because of a s-x tape, what are you talking about :lmao:

Purr more, hiss less.

GloZell Green

Well I do think reaching such a level of success is a talent. Nobody specified what kind of talent we were talking about.

To me the Kardashians are business geniuses, and the reason they're so famous is because they're the best in the world at what they do.

Your definition of talent is out of this world tbh :proud: You mean posting nudes? That's all they do.

evil-gaga.gif

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Redstreak

fffffffff Pop no don't stoop to their level :rip: 

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

elijahfan

They're famous because of a s-x tape, what are you talking about :lmao:

Your definition of talent is out of this world tbh :proud: You mean posting nudes? That's all they do.

Bravo to both of you for missing my point

giphy.gif

SlaeUrAnus

Does she have like null talent?

You done this to feud with a certain person didn't you :green: 

In my messy era.

She has talent. I mean she has a good voice and some of her songs are really good. Although PRISM was pretty mediocre imo

She was signed to her record label because the industry people really loved her live singing and performances. So yes, she has a good enough singing talent for people to want to invest in her.

Dominic

She is talented, vocally she is okay but in terms of her business ethics, marketing, songwriting and as an overall artist she has a lot of talent. 

People always trying to bring Katy down. I mean come on, this is asking for immature drama.  I wish people would learn to respect the woman even if they don't like her music. She is a strong competitor in the industry and you will all have to deal. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Archived