💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Which artists will save our generation?

sipthistea

Featured Posts

Economy

There was sh*tty music back in the day and sh*tty music now. The only reason people think our day and age sucks is because they weeded out all the bad music from the past and only play the music that's still good. PLENTY of great artists now! Including Gaga.

i always say this

music that become categorized iconic and that was seen as high quality has been remembered, stuff that was considered mediocre from say the 1980s is mostly already forgotten

everyone remembers Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince etc etc etc. But the music industry wasnt only made up of these legends...

if the entire music industry was made up of ppl like that then there would be no legends cause no one would stand out... but its the standouts we remember and we associate the entire music from the past with it :shrug:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sipthistea

Depends how you want it to be saved. Talent is in abundance rn and can save the sound of music (:stalkga:). But theatricality, originality, and creativity are NOT in abundance and that worries be about the visuals of music. 

Well, I think it can be saved by promoting real artists. Not cheap people like Kim Kardashian, or Nicki Minaj. (No offense with the last one, but she promotes her butt more than her music).

Of course there's talent everywhere, but what is being promoted today is this culture of reality shows, wh*res and class-less b*llsh*t.

So hopefully we can enjoy these talented people, more that plastic people taking selfies, being promoted everywhere. 

sipthistea

this GAGAdaily sis :reductive2:

what cult site is this.. when we question our saviour? :miley:

I actually put her first on the list  :queenga:

SEVDALIZA

Well, I think it can be saved by promoting real artists. Not cheap people like Kim Kardashian, or Nicki Minaj. (No offense with the last one, but she promotes her butt more than her music).

Of course there's talent everywhere, but what is being promoted today is this culture of reality shows, wh*res and class-less b*llsh*t.

So hopefully we can enjoy these talented people, more that plastic people taking selfies, being promoted everywhere. 

I'm not really enjoying the lowkey slut shaming that's going in here.

EDIT: When exactly did Nicki Minaj stop being a real artist?

operating from another world

Haroon

Well I disagree that the generation's going downhill or whatever in the first place, I think a lot of the time it's just nostalgia clouding people's vision :emma: I may be wrong but that's kinda what I get from it, same as people who instantly shut out pop music because it's pop music :laughga: 

But yeah I think Katy Perry and Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga and Adele and Marina & The Diamonds and a few others are shining examples of great artists of this generation :flutter: 

I think most people in music rn are pretty talented though. You're write w the pop culture people (the Kardashians), but music is doing well on valuing talent. 

Archived