💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Wildest Dreams MV accused of being RACIST.

SlaeUrAnus

Featured Posts

Kacey Elizabeth

But the thing is, Taylor has always been this popular. She's been slaying for almost a decade, unlike Katy and Gaga before their backlash started (quick rise and fall).  

Taylor never was this popular and successful before 1989. 

At least Gaga had the whole Jazz era and now AHS to fall back on during the backlash! Gaga could also do something in movie musicals and on Broadway. Poor Katy though, what will she fall back on? Those big boobs can only get a gal so far. Lol 

I think you're really underestimating what Katy can do musically and artistically. Oh well. There's nothing I can do about it. Haters will continue to be blind, ignorant, and delusional. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Strawberry does pull it off better than I do with all honesty, but still. I'll say whatever I want and you can't do anything about it. 

The backlash starts when an artist is at their peak. You seem to ignore that all the time. Wildest Dreams maybe "debut" (it has charted there before) in top 10 of Billboard Hot 100, but definitely not because of its sales. There are deals which artists and their record labels make with radios so they'll have their songs played. That's different from payola of course. It's no wonder that Wildest Dreams broke that record. 

She is RUMORED. Wasn't she also rumored to add new tour dates a while back?  

Pff, please don't make me laugh. That "backlash" of the RED era was nothing. Some people poke fun at her for dating so many people and called her out for it. Big deal. You seriously want to tell me that was comparable to the backlash Madonna got in Erotica and American Life eras, the backlash that Gaga got in mid-Born This Way and ARTPOP eras, Britney's breakdown and backlash in the Blackout era and so on? 

nnn that's what you're going to say to me?  what are you, five years old? What am I talking about, of course you are

She probably has a deal, and so what? She is at her fifth single and doing almost as good as the much hyped Justin Bieber comeback song. She is still raking up views on YouTube and the song is #4 WW on iTunes. It's obvious people are interested and don't give two craps about the """backlash"""

Why are you talking about those backlashes when they have nothing to do with this conversation? And you certainly don't need to tell me about them, I was actually born during that time. It's not my fault you did not know how to use the internet back then, but the Red era was not nothing. She was being branded a *****, a slut-shaming anti feminist, directioners everywhere were coming for her and destroying her, even the Kennedys (if you they haven't taught you at school yet, they are one of America's most important families) and she was the talk of every tabloid and gossip website. People at award shows were mocking her. If I recall correctly, there was also a mini blackout during that time. That was real backlash. Not a crappy article from the Daily Mail.

who will love me when the night is over

Squidward T

People need to research life in Africa for Africans in the 1950's before slamming this article as absurd. I don't think Taylor is racist but having it set in Africa and not casting any Africans in the music video or representing African culture was pretty stupid 

You know it was kind of a Boring video and I thought it was worse that certain scenes seemed similar to Lana's Ride video... But that's just me 

Fiona Apple

You know it was kind of a Boring video and I thought it was worse that certain scenes seemed similar to Lana's Ride video... But that's just me 

It is just you

UrethraFranklin

God, people need to stop reaching for the stars with calling out racism. There was no one degraded in this music video. It references an aesthetic that has been common throughout this whole era. It's so damn obvious it's just meant to be about old hollywood romance. Just because there were racist occurrences during that time period does not have anything to do with what is going on in the video. Quite honestly I couldn't have imagined a more innocent looking video in terms of controversy but here we are... The more people call out "racist" the more people water down the meaning of the word. People are just going to become numb to it because it keeps coming up in conversation where it doesn't belong. I think people also need to look at these articles with a grain of salt because anyone can make a person look terrible if you pitch them the right way. Racism is a very sensational topic especially right now with the #BlackLivesMatter movement and consistent Police brutality in the news so you're bound to see extra media pandering to the masses by "calling out" Racism where it doesn't exist for extra clicks. I sincerely hope no one thinks I'm "whitespaining" or something by pointing it out but this has really bothered me. There are genuinely racist things happening in real life that more people should be outraged about more so than Taylor Swift making a cliche-ridden somehow racist if you dig 5 miles below the surface music video... 

Kacey Elizabeth

nnn that's what you're going to say to me?  what are you, five years old? What am I talking about, of course you are

She probably has a deal, and so what? She is at her fifth single and doing almost as good as the much hyped Justin Bieber comeback song. She is still raking up views on YouTube and the song is #4 WW on iTunes. It's obvious people are interested and don't give two craps about the """backlash"""

Why are you talking about those backlashes when they have nothing to do with this conversation? And you certainly don't need to tell me about them, I was actually born during that time. It's not my fault you did not know how to use the internet back then, but the Red era was not nothing. She was being branded a *****, a slut-shaming anti feminist, directioners everywhere were coming for her and destroying her, even the Kennedys (if you they haven't taught you at school yet, they are one of America's most important families) and she was the talk of every tabloid and gossip website. People at award shows were mocking her. If I recall correctly, there was also a mini blackout during that time. That was real backlash. Not a crappy article from the Daily Mail.

How is Wildest Dreams doing as good as 'What Do You Mean?'? Please stop the delusion. WTDOM broke iTunes records and is set for the biggest debut this year. Taylor's music isn't available on Spotify, which is the biggest streaming site, and the only reason she has gotten enormous views this era is because she removed her music from there and other streaming platforms. Her views were boosted and doubled once she took her music out of Spotify. Of course she's raking up views on VEVO and YouTube, although this one isn't as strong as her other videos from this era. Wildest Dreams was overshadowed by Kanye's speech and Miley's free EP release. The video so far has been criticized. 

Again, the backlash might seem like no big deal, but eventually it will get worse and harsher. 

Those examples that I gave have no relevance to this conversation (according to you) just because they disprove your point and make the RED era "backlash" look like nothing. Female celebrities are constantly labelled *****s. It's not just Taylor in the RED era. So now bunch of 12 year old petty girls attacking you in social media is backlash and comparable to the way other female artists were teared down, criticized and trashed by the media and general public in their backlash eras? Wow, I didn't know that! Taylor just broke up with Connor Kennedy. The Kennedy family didn't even diss her after their break up. Stop acting like it was the ultimate backlash. The Kennedy family actually approved of Taylor while she was still in the relationship with Conor. Taylor was labelled a slut-shaming anti feminist by a few people with common sense. Cry me a river. It's the truth. You're acting like a few people coming at you through social media which the media and majority of the GP doesn't even bother to give attention to their statements is backlash. Two comedians made fun of her failed relationship with Michael J Fox's son. Did they lie? 

Mini blackout? LMAO.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Redstreak

What? The backlash was so bad during the Red era that it has it's own subsection on Taylor's Wikipedia page. This is nothing, for every 1 one article you could consider backlash this era, there's 100's of comments on it saying positive things about her. When it comes to GP, 100's of comments from every day people >> 1 journalist's article

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

AlexanderLevi2

So many white people that are complaining about being called out on their white privilege. :toofunny:

LISTEN to the minority instead of turning your head and being defensive. When we don't allow the minority to speak their mind, we are being oppressive.

Do I think Taylor Swift is racist? No. But I do think there is something to say about the aesthetic of the MV.

Being called out on white privilege is NOT a bad thing. It's just a time to reflect on how someone who is systematically oppressed feels about the situation and learn how to better themselves next time.

Currently listening to Joanne

How is Wildest Dreams doing as good as 'What Do You Mean?'? Please stop the delusion. WTDOM broke iTunes records and is set for the biggest debut this year. Taylor's music isn't available on Spotify, which is the biggest streaming site, and the only reason she has gotten enormous views this era is because she removed her music from there and other streaming platforms. Her views were boosted and doubled once she took her music out of Spotify. Of course she's raking up views on VEVO and YouTube, although this one isn't as strong as her other videos from this era. Wildest Dreams was overshadowed by Kanye's speech and Miley's free EP release. The video so far has been criticized. 

Again, the backlash might seem like no big deal, but eventually it will get worse and harsher. 

Those examples that I gave have no relevance to this conversation (according to you) just because they disprove your point and make the RED era "backlash" look like nothing. Female celebrities are constantly labelled *****s. It's not just Taylor in the RED era. So now bunch of 12 year old petty girls attacking you in social media is backlash and comparable to the way other female artists were teared down, criticized and trashed by the media and general public in their backlash eras? Wow, I didn't know that! Taylor just broke up with Connor Kennedy. The Kennedy family didn't even diss her after their break up. Stop acting like it was the ultimate backlash. The Kennedy family actually approved of Taylor while she was still in the relationship with Conor. Taylor was labelled a slut-shaming anti feminist by a few people with common sense. Cry me a river. It's the truth. You're acting like a few people coming at you through social media which the media and majority of the GP doesn't even bother to give attention to their statements is backlash. Two comedians made fun of her failed relationship with Michael J Fox's son. Did they lie? 

Mini blackout? LMAO.

Where did I say "it's doing as goOD AS!!!1"? Please learn how to read. And again with the "she's only popular because she's not on Spotify and greed" excuse as if she hadn't been slaying already for 8 years. Of course the video and single weren't going to be Blank Space level slayage. She's at the fifth single of an 8M selling album. Everybody knew that but only salty stans like you are using it as an excuse to drag for filth. And the reception of the video has not been negative, please stop the delusion. 

Oh do you have a crystal ball? Can you *please* tell me if I'll get into the uni I applied to??

Pff I never said the Red backlash was bigger or worse than the other girls' backlash, so that entire rant essay you wasted your time writing is useless. I said that it was worse compared to this one that people like you are making out to be career ending. Oh no they didn't drag her? I suggest you use google and look for that time she went to that wedding with Connor sis. 

You literally have no clue of what you're talking about, I love it. Please don't quote me back :love: 

who will love me when the night is over

Archived