đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Wildest Dreams MV accused of being RACIST.

SlaeUrAnus

Featured Posts

If you have nothing to add be at least respectful because others have an opinion. You are maybe the one that needs to get a life if you treat people on internet you don't know like that... 

I did add a point to the reason behind the plot, but I guess you chose to ignore it

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FRANK1991

while it has beautiful imagery, I find the "story" terribly boring and stupid

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Whispering

or were the donations planned to prevent and justify this type of controversy/backlash?

:usrs: 

We will never know. 

Nah, if Taylor thought there was going to be major backlash (which this isn't remotely close to significant backlash anyway), she would have changed the video to something else in the first place. Taylor isn't the type of artist that strives for controversy, like many others do. Her career is based on exactly the opposite. 

The c-----e she snorted was white too! Racist misogynistic anti-feminist animal-abusing d--g-using b---h!

Andreyw

The reach in the article posted by the OP and some comments and here :deadbanana:  just confess you hate taylor and get ****in' over it :saladga: there's no colonialism nor any racism **** on that ****ing video :rip: that's why I can't even take these issues serious anymore :rip: y'all try to tear down every popstar you hate or criticize anything using the race card (even Nicki Minaj uses it when it's only benefic for her or Azealia Banks using and later blaming black people for her failiure) :deadbanana: and what's more stupid is that WHITE people are getting offended of everything that seems racist when black people probably don't give a **** about what someone used in their video :rip:  these SJWs better log off from the internet and should go out since they start to see racism everywhere :deadbanana:

StrawberryBlond

I can see your point about the video and I didn't see it that way so it's nice you bring that angle.

Regarding Les Misérables I never complained about Victor Hugo writing the book, I think his work is not something glamourising such times, I just said that making the book a musical which IMO are usually light and you could say shallow was odd, especially because we haven't a culture of musical in France we usually find them cheesy so when I moved to London and saw all the posters for promotion saying "vive les mis" which literally translate "hourra to poor people" it was a bit odd... something got lost in the translation if you know what I mean. I didn't bother seeing the musical so I can't comment on it but we could also question the fact that the whole movie is in English but that happens to soo many movies in the US (Moses and such.. but I know the public wouldn't go see a movie in an old languages, sometimes I think it just goes too far) but anyway, we could discuss that for hours it's going off topic though. At least thanks for being respectful unlike some other people here 

Because I've seen other music videos filmed in locations where there has been poverty, war and persecution but nothing is said about them gives me pause. Taylor is going through that phase where people are trying to bring her down, so maybe that's why. But I think it's unfair.

I don't think making it into a musical is odd at all. Maybe it's because like you said, France doesn't have a musical culture, but in the UK and America, we have a rich tradition of it, so we don't think it strange at all. We'll make anything into a musical, even things you wouldn't imagine would suit a musical (Bend It Like Beckham got a musical, seriously). Considering that it was the French who made it into a musical, we can't be blamed for this one, however. The whole point of musicals is to put the work into song, which is a common way that people like to get out emotions, so it makes sense. There is no rule stating that a musical must be light entertainment full of happy songs. Elements of light, but the story in itself is very sad. Cabaret, Miss Saigon, Jesus Christ Superstar, etc. You're supposed to watch them and sympathise with the characters, it's not about glorifying anything. I think you meant to say "hooray" in your translation. I see what you mean, but in English, we tend to translate "vive" as "long live." We translate the classic phrase "vive la France" as "Long live France" or "France forever." Direct translations rarely work out, in any language. You have to take the translation and then consider it as a person speaking the language. We have turns of phrase that differ from country to country and obviously, French and English switch the positioning of words (like "the white cat" as opposed to "the cat white"). It all means that you have to realise "these people talk in a very different way to me and I have to take that into consideration." What was essentially meant by the phrase "Vive Les Mis" was "We support the disadvantaged ones." The exact same thing as "Vive la revolucion." It may not be exactly what it literally meant, but that's we intended. It's a reference to the film's message of the revolution and by saying this phrase, we are speaking from the point of view of one of the poor revolutionaries. If you haven't seen the musical, I really suggest you do - at least the film. The songs are beautiful and make a lot of people cry and it treats the subject matter with sensitivity and respect (as befits a musical based on the story of a real event). Can You Hear The People Sing is frequently considered to be the ideal revolutionary anthem. Considering how the British and French don't always get on, I think the fact that Les Mis is one of the most popular musicals in Britain is a positive thing. The reason it's put into English (and other languages) is so that people can understand it, so they can be moved more. It happens all the time, across many musicals, including those that aren't political. It's only operas that tend to keep the original language intact (though sometimes with subtitles).

Racist? Not ****ing at all. People need to GET OVER ****. Again one of my favorite quotes

2mepq8g.gif

Leave the damn girl alone. She's not being racist. 

Archived