💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

MTV releases Miley's actual reaction to Nicki's Diss

jojuun

Featured Posts

Jewels n Drugs

Lmao im glad that Nicki called that b---h out for talking shiit. But of course people are going to make Miley the victim :toofunny:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prismatic

Honestly, it was the most exciting VMA's in recent memory. It was a MESS but it was incredibly entertaining and memorable. Everyone tried to use the opportunity and everyone was trying to shade or upstage someone else, which made for good TV. The Nicki vs. Miley situation, Nicki making up with Taylor, Selena texting all trough Justin's performance and Taylor, Justin AND Miley releasing during the awards... The show was full of moments and it was entertaining.

Some part were interesting, like Nicki's opening and her coming at Miley and the lecture Kanye gave. I feel like it was too underwhelming without the presences of the divas. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Thomas P

Congratu-****ing-lations Nicki...

Best line of the night, and in second place would be "People...People...My new..album...Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz is available online right now for free!!! Goodnight. See u next year!!"

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Gianni Versace

Miley kept it classy as fok :applause:

Nicki is still trying to act like the victim :smh:

"It's just an awAAARD, not big deal" :lmao:

clockED

1. Miley and "classy" are antonyms 

2. Where is Nicki playing the victim? 

Lmao im glad that Nicki called that b---h out for talking shiit. But of course people are going to make Miley the victim.

It wasn't even that bad. She basically said Nicki made it about herself instead of the race issue she brought up. 

Thomas P

Miley never said Nicki's the angry black woman. I hate how all of these Tumblr moral seekers are painting her as a racist. She obviously isn't. Girl can't even have dreads because she's "appropriating culture". F*ck outta here. No one owns a hairstyle and if I want to wear braids or a weave, I'm not going to be stopped because it's a "black thing". Who cares? Is sleek blonde hair a "white thing"? Cause I sure do see Wendy Williams with that on her head. What the f*ck is all of this cultural appropriation sh*t? These teenagers on Tumblr have no clue on what that actually means. They think Katy Perry in a kimono is racist.

PREACH!!!

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Jewels n Drugs

It wasn't even that bad. She basically said Nicki made it about herself instead of the race issue she brought up. 

It doesnt matter how "bad" it was. Miley should have stayed in her place.

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Gianni Versace

Miley never said Nicki's the angry black woman. I hate how all of these Tumblr moral seekers are painting her as a racist. She obviously isn't. Girl can't even have dreads because she's "appropriating culture". F*ck outta here. No one owns a hairstyle and if I want to wear braids or a weave, I'm not going to be stopped because it's a "black thing". Who cares? Is sleek blonde hair a "white thing"? Cause I sure do see Wendy Williams with that on her head. What the f*ck is all of this cultural appropriation sh*t? These teenagers on Tumblr have no clue on what that actually means. They think Katy Perry in a kimono is racist.

.... lemme just politely exit the thread now.

Gianni Versace

Doesn't make it any more tasteful.

Yet if she didn't do anything where would most of you be? calling out nicki for being "fake" for not confronting Miley publicly and "kissing miley's ass"?

Redstreak

Alright first off you need to take it from a 10 to a 2. Weird how you're suddenly arguing about "Tumblr kids" when I seem to distinctly remember you defending Ms. Minaj and her points just a month ago when Taylor first @'ed her so you can take that seat and act with it accordingly. No one ever said Miley called her that, just that it's a narrative that certain aspects of the media are currently running with. Second, Perry in a kimono is not racist. What's racist is taking several symbols from multiple unique Asian countries and throwing them into one big mixing pot of a performance as if they're just one big interchangeable culture.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

.... lemme just politely exit the thread now.

You do that. BYE.

Look at this sh*t. Miley used the word "mammy" in her skit with Snoop, in reference to the grandmother that was also in the skit. BOOM, the cultural appropriating police was on it 5 seconds after while they don't know the backstory.

In the South, where Miley's from, they call grandmothers "mammy" and in a lot of Western European countries too. I call my grandmother "mammy" for instance. Am I racist because of that? Because I didn't even know about the "mammy" character and the obvious racist connection with that. But that isn't definition of my "mammy" usage. Or Miley's. Are Japanese and Indian people racist as well because they use the swastika? They're use of the symbol isn't connected with the Nazi movement but hey, they must be racist too right? I can't with these people, like the grandmother was IN the skit. How is it not obvious?

It's all about context.

tumblr_ntx78bHdxH1rozfx7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nty0f4Nl581uxvrrjo1_540.jpg

Gianni Versace

Alright first off you need to take it from a 10 to a 2. Weird how you're suddenly arguing about "Tumblr kids" when I seem to distinctly remember you defending Ms. Minaj and her points just a month ago when Taylor first @'ed her so you can take that seat and act with it accordingly. No one ever said Miley called her that, just that it's a narrative that certain aspects of the media are currently running with. Second, Perry in a kimono is not racist. What's racist is taking several symbols from multiple unique Asian countries and throwing them into one big mixing pot of a performance as if they're just one big interchangeable culture.

damn redstreak! that tea is too hot u might burn a tongue or two 

That was before Nicki, whom I do like, decided to run with the media-friendly plan to make up with Taylor, making it obvious it wasn't about the race factor but about her not being nominated. I love Anaconda and it's video and to me it does stand for the freedom of black female s-xuality, which I totally endorse. I take issue with the fact that all of a sudden these Minaj fans are looking for any "cultural appropriation" Miley does when I do remember Taylor grinding between the legs of black girls and holding a boombox on her shoulder while wearing a cap, hoodie and a chain. I'm not saying I think that's cultural appropriation, but I don't see the difference with what Miley does. People need to lighten up and see things in their actual context. There is a borderline and some things are outright racism, of course, but pop stars incorporating elements of another culture/country isn't racism, especially if it is in a celebratory manner.

So you can take a seat.

Archived