💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Taylor $wift™ inelegant?

Hope

Featured Posts

Redstreak

She dances like me at a wedding. Difference is, I'm doing it out of sufferance because people are dragging me up, she's doing it out of her own free will. Honestly, no one dances well at these shows. But that's why it's best to just do that side to side step that everyone does, don't twerk, grind or drop it like its hot because it just looks weird and awkward next to everyone else. Thing is, Taylor isn't doing dorky dancing for the sheer joy of listening to the music - she's just desperate to get filmed doing it and be called s-xy. She's been trying to push this image for a while now and the transparancy and cynical part of it are the only things that's keeping her from achieving it. Sexiness doesn't come to her naturally, it's all a put on.

I feel like if she died in a car crash you'd have a lengthy essay ready on how it's a publicity stunt

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

I feel like if she died in a car crash you'd have a lengthy essay ready on how it's a publicity stunt

Was what I just wrote a lengthy essay? And no, I wouldn't rejoice if she died in an accident. Remember when I told you that I sympathise with her mum being diagnosed with cancer and that if she died from it, I'd lay off Taylor for a while out of compassion and respect? You fans need to stop acting as if I have a black heart when I'm just being an honest critic.

Redstreak

Was what I just wrote a lengthy essay? And no, I wouldn't rejoice if she died in an accident. Remember when I told you that I sympathise with her mum being diagnosed with cancer and that if she died from it, I'd lay off Taylor for a while out of compassion and respect? You fans need to stop acting as if I have a black heart when I'm just being an honest critic.

It's more the fact that she can't breathe without you sporting a tin foil hat and playing detective for conspiratorial PR stunts.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

StrawberryBlond

It's more the fact that she can't breathe without you sporting a tin foil hat and playing detective for conspiratorial PR stunts.

She doesn't make it easy for herself, though. Everything about her is planned to perfection and she's used to everything going right. Naturally, I'm trying to find reasons as to why someone of such basic talent and no star power has maintained such a level of success (and growing) and gets praised far more than she should for things that critics slam other artists for.

Whispering

She doesn't make it easy for herself, though. Everything about her is planned to perfection and she's used to everything going right. Naturally, I'm trying to find reasons as to why someone of such basic talent and no star power has maintained such a level of success (and growing) and gets praised far more than she should for things that critics slam other artists for.

Her level of success is due to her songs and relatability factor. Young girls (and boys) and young women identify with Taylor and her lyrics in huge numbers. I know you don't, but there are millions of others that do. Taylor has a talent in songwriting, knows how to write for her voice, knows how to present those lyrics in performances and videos. She has star power. Add to that, the fact that she has made smart career choices since she was a young teenager. 

For example, I can't relate to Lana. To me, everything about her seems low energy, depressing, contrived and she sounds like she is slurring her words half the time...and I hate the whole "beat me, treat me bad Daddy" theme.  That doesn't mean I don't understand that there are others who do relate to her lyrics and themes. People are different and they like different things, so they relate to different types of music and different artists. Obviously, there are a helluva lot of people who relate to Taylor Swift and to her music. 

Taylor™ encouraging her fans to be bullies. Whatever happened to shaking it off?

Delete it, Taylor Nation

Flick me, Jacob ? shake my pusy off

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

JeffSwift

She dances like me at a wedding. Difference is, I'm doing it out of sufferance because people are dragging me up, she's doing it out of her own free will. Honestly, no one dances well at these shows. But that's why it's best to just do that side to side step that everyone does, don't twerk, grind or drop it like its hot because it just looks weird and awkward next to everyone else. Thing is, Taylor isn't doing dorky dancing for the sheer joy of listening to the music - she's just desperate to get filmed doing it and be called s-xy. She's been trying to push this image for a while now and the transparancy and cynical part of it are the only things that's keeping her from achieving it. Sexiness doesn't come to her naturally, it's all a put on.

You ability to a--lyze her dancing at award shows has officially left me baffled!! LOL 

StrawberryBlond

Her level of success is due to her songs and relatability factor. Young girls (and boys) and young women identify with Taylor and her lyrics in huge numbers. I know you don't, but there are millions of others that do. Taylor has a talent in songwriting, knows how to write for her voice, knows how to present those lyrics in performances and videos. She has star power. Add to that, the fact that she has made smart career choices since she was a young teenager. 

For example, I can't relate to Lana. To me, everything about her seems low energy, depressing, contrived and she sounds like she is slurring her words half the time...and I hate the whole "beat me, treat me bad Daddy" theme.  That doesn't mean I don't understand that there are others who do relate to her lyrics and themes. People are different and they like different things, so they relate to different types of music and different artists. Obviously, there are a helluva lot of people who relate to Taylor Swift and to her music. 

Well, that's partly what eludes me - why people do find her relatable. Because most of her work is so bland and/or uber personal to her specifically, meaning it's hard to find relatability in it. It's difficult to find relatability in songs so vague or specific. I personally don't feel her star power. I think it's because she's such a boring performer who doesn't have the best singing or dancing talent, meaning that when she performs, I just don't feel like I'm in the presence of a superstar. I think it's easy for people to think she has it because of her looks but I think it comes from a mixture of high talent and/or an inexplicable aura and she simply doesn't have either. And smart choices she's made since she was a teenager? Like keeping her music local for the first 8 years when she could have been a worldwide star from the beginning, like most artists strive for? Taking her music off Spotify when it's the way people listen to music in the modern age? Making songs that put down women while simultaneously claiming to be a feminist? It's easy to say she makes good business choices just because she's selling well. When you look at the nitty gritty of it, she's making terrible errors.

Thing is, I don't relate to Lana's music. I like it because I think her persona and lyrics are fascinating and her music takes me to another planet with its dreamy quality. I actually said recently that I'm sick of the public only supporting songs they can relate to. It's the reason why so many sub-par singles and albums about break-ups rule the charts. I think an artist should be able to sing about anything. Taylor's limited, one of my biggest pet hates about artists. But I take limited artists a lot better if they do their style very well or are the best at it. And Taylor's style has been done many times by people a lot better.

Archived