Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
thought

Why the 2015 VMA's Messed Up

SISTERV

Featured Posts

SISTERV

If you were able to digest the ridiculously raunchy mess that was the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards, you might be wondering why you are feeling nauseous....or maybe even disturbed.

I will say there were enjoyable moments of hilarity and drama that could keep any pop fan interested from the cringe worthy exchange between Miley and Nicki, to the all too long silence of Kanye allowing a crowd of teenage girls applaud his ego for 3 long minutes (and his announcement to run for President in 2020), to the vapid state of Britney, to the painfully re-hash of Rupaul gyrating around a ridiculous rendition of a new Miley song where you could hardly understand the lyrics, to Taylor Swifts cute moments of attempting to actually being happy for both Nicki and Kanye.....The list goes on.....enjoyable yet ridiculous plastic moments. 

Perhaps that is what felt all too distasteful about the VMAs this year. It wasn't that there was blatant over the top d--g and s-x references (there always has been), it's that there was absolutely no ****ing heart behind it. 

In a scatter of attempts to create Buzz moments, it seemed moments of talent (Tori Kelly aside) were few and far between. Even Pharrel's single "Freedom" that is about fighting racism and prejudice involved booty short wearing twerkers. Nick Jonas didn't leave much to the imagination when he simply walked down a carpet while having moon women in chaps basically feel up on him to his new song Levels, and could anyone hear anything that A$ap Rocky was saying, at all? It was screaming, trap beats, and messy drums. The show was the epitome of hot mess express. 

I can't help but feel a little embarrassed. Everyone loves a little controversy, but provide the balance and talent to back it up. We didn't get that tonight, and it left me feeling a little hungover. And the biggest part of the show, Miley, I felt could have done more to center her personality around freedom of expression rather than just have her organization do it for her in a quick, short, high school level speech. It was all gimmicks, appropriation, and selfies and nothing behind it. Your thoughts? 

PartySick

It was a mess, honestly, but that kind of works for me. It was entertaining :yes: 

I'm not above laughing at smut tbh

🖤

ARTPOPisaChoice

If you actually listened to the Twenty One Pilots / A$AP Rocky performance you would have found substance. It was good and promoted two newer artists. 

Tori Kelly was arguably the best vocal performance and The Weeknd also did well.

Demi Lovato and Nicki Minaj had s-xual performance but they were both s-xual songs and neither performance was over the top.

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

it was entertaining

my highlights

taylor and nicki performing

miley and nicki dragging each other

weeknd

and kanyes speech 

Warholian

It was so terrible that it was good. Good, or at least exciting. Was there really a single great performance? No. Was the event scripted as to make as many hashtags and viral youtube videos as possible? Yes. Was it entertaining? Very much so. 

It's sad that they relied on gimmicks, yet deep down inside I honestly liked the show. It was like a pop culture extravaganza, something this year has seriously been lacking. And despite the silliness of this year's VMAs, I'm sure it won't stay the same. They'll have good years and bad years to come in the future. Let's just hope that Gaga's 2016 VMAs are... classier than 2015. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

If you actually listened to the Twenty One Pilots / A$AP Rocky performance you would have found substance. It was good and promoted to newer artists. 

Tori Kelly was arguably the best vocal performance and The Weeknd also did well.

Demi Lovato and Nicki Minaj had s-xual performance but they were both s-xual songs and neither performance was over the top.

if nicki did something more s-xual everyone would be dragging her

As a delusional Gaga stan, I have to say the non-inclusion of Gaga was its biggest fault.

3 points in and ready for more

Riot Poof

I feel like most of us were expecting mess tho. I certainly was.

I just hope the 2016 VMAs has moments that are iconic in a good way.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Quasi

I hate that the VMA's aren't about the music anymore. It's sort of sick to think that an awards show that should act as a platform for great music and performances, has turned into a tool for the industry to get some good quick views due to feuds and fights and what this person did to this person. Not until either Gaga comes along or there is real heartfelt music to be heard will the VMA's ever be worth watching again. 

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

PartySick

As a delusional Gaga stan, I have to say the non-inclusion of Gaga was its biggest fault.

I concur :applause: 

It was so terrible that it was good. Good, or at least exciting. Was there really a single great performance? No. Was the event scripted as to make as many hashtags and viral youtube videos as possible? Yes. Was it entertaining? Very much so. 

It's sad that they relied on gimmicks, yet deep down inside I honestly liked the show. It was like a pop culture extravaganza, something this year has seriously been lacking. And despite the silliness of this year's VMAs, I'm sure it won't stay the same. They'll have good years and bad years to come in the future. Let's just hope that Gaga's 2016 VMAs are... classier than 2015. 

And this^ :yes: 

🖤

OMFG. So it was a genuine moment!?!?!?!? DEAD :smh:

it wasnt skriptped

but nicki was joking the laugh gave it away 

Archived