💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
thought

Cher to outlast Madonna?

Ray of Light

Featured Posts

in 2002 Cher was 60 years old and did 260 million with Living Proof tour.

Madonna is currently 57. Pretty soon we'll see how she holding up to Cher at 60. Lol

You're not going to compare a farewell 325 total dates tour to a 63 dates tour coming off a flop album. :dies: come on, you're better than that.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin

You're not going to compare a farewell 325 total dates tour to a 63 dates tour coming off a flop album. :dies: come on, you're better than that.

um...hmm seems like comparing two tours coming off two "flop"albums is about right.  Living Proof sold over 500k in the U.S, so MDNA and LP are about the same. If she would have included an album with every ticket purchase she would have out sold MDNA and RH ten to one. LP would have sold a lot more wouldn't be a flop like RH is.  800.000 copies most of them coming from stans who bought the album and a concert ticket. And for certification reasons the ticket bundle deluxe version was a double album because it was ove 106 minutes long. Also Madonna doesn't have the fan base to do 325 dates. So I'm not sure if you think you arguing for or against Madonna. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

um...hmm seems like comparing two tours coming off two "flop"albums is about right.  Living Proof sold over 500k in the U.S, so MDNA and LP are about the same. If she would have included an album with every ticket purchase she would have out sold MDNA and RH ten to one. LP would have sold a lot more wouldn't be a flop like RH is.  800.000 copies most of them coming from stand who bought the album and a concert ticket. And for certification reasons the ticket bundle deluxe version was a double album because it was ove 106 minutes long. Also Madonna doesn't have the fan base to do 325 dates. So I'm not sure if you think you arguing for or against Madonna. 

I don't understand what relevance your rant about album sales offers, but okay.

Cher's Farewell tour (which means it was promoted as your last chance to see Cher) was stretched over the course of 3 years. I'm sure if Madonna made a farewell tour she would have received a much more successful tour than Living Proof. Also ' Madonna doesn't have the fan base to do 325 dates ' that's illogical considering the fact that the Sticky & Sweet tour's 80 dates had more audience than the entire 325 dates of Cher's Living Proof. :dies:

Point is : you can't compare a 3 years old 325 dates tour to a 63 dates tour. Stop deluding yourself, it's not a cute look.

JusKeepBreathin

I don't understand what relevance your rant about album sales offers, but okay.

Cher's Farewell tour (which means it was promoted as your last chance to see Cher) was stretched over the course of 3 years. I'm sure if Madonna made a farewell tour she would have received a much more successful tour than Living Proof. Also ' Madonna doesn't have the fan base to do 325 dates ' that's illogical considering the fact that the Sticky & Sweet tour's 80 dates had more audience than the entire 325 dates of Cher's Living Proof. :dies:

We are comparing longevity. Not the last tour. LP was at 60 years old RH will be at 57 years old.  That's why I am comparing the two tours. RH will not have the audience that Cher did with LP. Cher has the longer career with success spanded out 50 years. Her talent spends not just music but movies too. Her decline "in music" came well into her late 60's not her late 50's. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

We are comparing longevity. Not the last tour. LP was at 60 years old RH will be at 57 years old.  That's why I am comparing the two tours. RH will not have the audience that Cher did with LP. Cher has the longer career with success spanded out 50 years. Her talent spends not just music but movies too. Her decline "in music" came well into her late 60's not her late 50's. 

How is that a fair comparison? Cher's Living Proof Tour capitalized on promoting the concert as if Cher was forever quitting music and this was your last chance to see her live and as a result many bought tickets to see her "for the last time". Regardless of that, Cher was making an average of less than a million per show - and that's the standard we should be discussing. Madonna never did a concert that is over 80 dates and she is not planning to. Also, It's completely meritless to compare their success and career span, because 1) Madonna already sold x3 the amount of records 2) we don't know what the future holds for Madonna.

LoveandMagic

I love me some Cher. I love me some Madonna. There is no one quite like them (especially Cher). 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Bellatrix

um...hmm seems like comparing two tours coming off two "flop"albums is about right.  Living Proof sold over 500k in the U.S, so MDNA and LP are about the same. If she would have included an album with every ticket purchase she would have out sold MDNA and RH ten to one. LP would have sold a lot more wouldn't be a flop like RH is.  800.000 copies most of them coming from stans who bought the album and a concert ticket. And for certification reasons the ticket bundle deluxe version was a double album because it was ove 106 minutes long. Also Madonna doesn't have the fan base to do 325 dates. So I'm not sure if you think you arguing for or against Madonna. 

Cher has sold 100m with 25 studio albums and Madonna, the number 1 female pop star of all time who has sold 300m with only 13 studio albums doesn't have the fan base to do 325 dates? :laughga:

I agree with Jjang, you can't compare a farewell tour with a regular tour. If Madonna made a farewell tour I bet it would be just as big (if not bigger) as Living Proof. Come back when she makes hers and we'll discuss it further then.

JusKeepBreathin

Cher has sold 100m with 25 studio albums and Madonna, the number 1 female pop star of all time who has sold 300m with only 13 studio albums doesn't have the fan base to do 325 dates? :laughga:

I agree with Jjang, you can't compare a farewell tour with a regular tour. If Madonna made a farewell tour I bet it would be just as big (if not bigger) as Living Proof. Come back when she makes hers and we'll discuss it further then.

Right only Madonna fans have a right to compare tours with whatever tours they see fit. LOL:proud:

Bellatrix

Right only Madonna fans have a right to compare tours with whatever tours they see fit. LOL:proud:

I think not. I made this post in favour for Cher :reductive2:

Archived