music news

Writers are still writing songs for R8

Spock

Featured Posts

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AbuHassan1992

I didn't say she didn't have a good voice or interesting voice...just that she can't be compared to the "best vocalists in the world" when referring to people like Whitney Houston or Celine Dion back in the day. 

Rihanna is an artist with a good (not the best in the world) voice that ended up with excellent songs written for her. 

I'm not saying one thing or another right now, but you COULD argue Rihanna is a better vocalist than Whitney Houston. Sure, Whitney is technically perfect, no doubt about that, but personally, that's pretty much it. For me, she never conveyed any emotion, she was just sort of singing. Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen aren't great singers per se, but man they make you believe the lyrics

Jesse Pinkman

*Comes into the thread to have a intelligent discussion as to why Rihcardo is flopping.*

*Sees the last couple pages*

homer-simpson-bush.gif

It's science, bitch

Whispering

I'm not saying one thing or another right now, but you COULD argue Rihanna is a better vocalist than Whitney Houston. Sure, Whitney is technically perfect, no doubt about that, but personally, that's pretty much it. For me, she never conveyed any emotion, she was just sort of singing. Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen aren't great singers per se, but man they make you believe the lyrics

There is no logical argument where Rihanna is a better vocalist than Whitney Houston. List after list of top vocalists from vocal and music industry experts say the same...Whitney was one of the best vocalists of all time. 

You are right that Dylan and Springsteen aren't great singers, but they are excellent songwriters...two of the best! They make you believe the the lyrics THEY WROTE. 

Whispering

talking about it I always wondered who are Dino Zisis and Nick Monson 

They are listed as producers, sound engineers or mixers. 

i don't think she knows how to write a song. 

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

i don't think she knows how to write a song. 

Agree. But in my opinion BBHMM wasn't really hard to write, she could have written that one

There is no logical argument where Rihanna is a better vocalist than Whitney Houston. List after list of top vocalists from vocal and music industry experts say the same...Whitney was one of the best vocalists of all time. 

You are right that Dylan and Springsteen aren't great singers, but they are excellent songwriters...two of the best! They make you believe the the lyrics THEY WROTE. 

I love this. :gaga:

FreePalestine

AbuHassan1992

it's about the delivery, too. Whitney's technique is great, but she was always boring to me. 

Archived