💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Ellie Goulding has a new pop single next month.. Does that clear the way?

Americano

Featured Posts

thierryrreiht

Madonna thinks she's from British though lol

I feel that's exactly how she'd say it herself :excuseu:

Well she's already doing a soundtrack with Paul so anything is possible I guess, but I honestly don't see it tbh. Little off-topic I hope AHS goals so well she gets some good movie roles

Yeah whatever happened to that... I hope we see it soon.

Not so fast with movie roles; let's see how AHS goes, and what happens to her with TIHTY. And her next album. AND her family life. I'm not here for big movie roles atm

Americano

I feel that's exactly how she'd say it herself :excuseu:

Yeah whatever happened to that... I hope we see it soon.

Not so fast with movie roles; let's see how AHS goes, and what happens to her with TIHTY. And her next album. AND her family life. I'm not here for big movie roles atm

Gurl will be having kids before we know it, betta get these singles out before its too late

Harry

Have any Americans done the Bond theme minus Madonna?

Plenty... Sheryl Crow, Chris Cornell, Jack White & Alicia Keys, Tina Turner, Gladys Knight, Nancy Sinatra, Carly Simon...

Of the past 10 Bond films, Adele and Duran Duran are the only British artists to record the theme. Then you have Garbage who are a mixed UK/American band, A-ha who are from Norway, and the other six were all performed by Americans.

So it's definitely not exclusively or even mostly for British artists lol.

Americano

Plenty... Sheryl Crow, Chris Cornell, Jack White & Alicia Keys, Tina Turner, Gladys Knight, Nancy Sinatra, Carly Simon...

Of the past 10 Bond films, Adele and Duran Duran are the only British artists to record the theme. Then you have Garbage who are a mixed UK/American band, A-ha who are from Norway, and the other six were all performed by Americans.

So it's definitely not exclusively for British artists lol.

Pulling for Gaga

That'd cement a LEGENDARY year. Grammy slayage, Oscar slayage, sold out tour, Olympics slayage, hittin' the small screen while DOMINATING with a Bond theme

Gurl :fthis: Doin it for the F4me

Harry

Pulling for Gaga

That'd cement a LEGENDARY year. Grammy slayage, Oscar slayage, sold out tour, Olympics slayage, hittin' the small screen while DOMINATING with a Bond theme

Gurl :fthis: Doin it for the F4me

I'd much rather Gaga than Ellie, but I don't think it's likely tbh. I think Ellie is the most likely candidate even though I can't see her pulling off the kind of epic sound people come to expect from a Bond theme these days, nor the classic/mystery approach of some of the older themes.

I still think Lana would be the perfect candidate for a Bond theme, some of her songs already sound like they were made for James Bond. Even tho she's kind of a soundtrack *****.

Americano

I'd much rather Gaga than Ellie, but I don't think it's likely tbh. I think Ellie is the most likely candidate even though I can't see her pulling off the kind of epic sound people come to expect from a Bond theme these days, nor the classic/mystery approach of some of the older themes.

I still think Lana would be the perfect candidate for a Bond theme, some of her songs already sound like they were made for James Bond. Even tho she's kind of a soundtrack *****.

Do you think Ellie would really do a Max Martin pop single at the same time as a sultry Bond single though? Just seems so weird 

GagaisHotAF

It wouldn't make sense for Ellie to have her new era compete against her own Bond song. Maybe the Bond song will be the start if her new era and the song will also be available on her new album which is unlikely. It could be Adele again. Skyfall was a critical and commercial success. It could be Gaga. She is a versatile artist and could pull off a piano ballad, a pop, a dance pop, or a jazz song. It would create excitement for her new album, and when AHS is out more people will probably check out her new music. Who knows. 

Probably on Grindr

Harry

It wouldn't make sense for Ellie to have her new era compete against her own Bond song. Maybe the Bond song will be the start if her new era and the song will also be available on her new album which is unlikely. It could be Adele again. Skyfall was a critical and commercial success. It could be Gaga. She is a versatile artist and could pull off a piano ballad, a pop, a dance pop, or a jazz song. It would create excitement for her new album, and when AHS is out more people will probably check out her new music. Who knows. 

I'd say the Bond song could quite easily and probably would be on her album if she were to do it. Although having it out at the same time as a regular single would be unusual.

I dunno, her posting "Live and let die" on Twitter last month, Sam saying he heard she was doing it, that IG pic of her leaving Abbey Road with the caption "That's a wrap"... Unless it's all just tease on purpose, it's looking very likely to be her more than anybody else. A Gaga theme would undoubtably be better though.

gagzus

So it's definitely not exclusively or even mostly for British artists lol.

The best and two most rememberable themes came from British Artists mainly (minus Madonna) though let's be honest; Goldfinger & Skyfall. But i'm still all here for Gaga if she does something like Cry Me a River esque

Harry

The best and two most rememberable themes came from British Artists mainly (minus Madonna) though let's be honest; Goldfinger & Skyfall. But i'm still all here for Gaga if she does something like Cry Me a River esque

I don't see what that has to do with anything, my point was that they don't try to keep it exclusively to British artists because ... they don't

Archived