thats it :emma: 

Isn't Rihanna in Madagascar vacationing? :rip: 

Isn't Rihanna in Madagascar vacationing? :rip: 

well she was vacationing in barbados few weeks ago

i mean she needs to rest froma ll this resting i guess :rip: 

Americano

well she was vacationing in barbados few weeks ago

i mean she needs to rest froma ll this resting i guess :rip: 

:lmao: We take the fact Gaga is constantly working for granted..

Iwontell

It's hard to explain...fast internet is spreading, so more ppl tend not to watch it live, of course, but I also think that ppl are losing interest in pop music in general (and the VMAs are mostly about pop music)...also, it's voted through the internet, so we all kind of know who's getting what (and in 2015 it's going to be Taylor Swift winning across-the-board), which takes away from the fun of watching the cerimony...

The lack of major names has a lot to do with the fact that most pop A-listers sort of underperformed with their latest releases (Madonna, Rihanna didin't well with her singles, Florence - even though she's more of an indie act) or have nothing to promote for now (Bey, Gaga, Adele, Katy...).

MTV could revitalize it by making it not about who's more popular, but about real talent...like, let ppl that maybe aren't that famous perform (in time ppl might start watching the show to discover new music they like), let professional judges decide who the awards are going to, make it a little less cheesy of a night and go for sofistication...I'm not sure it would bring better numbers in, but it would surelly make for a better show... 

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Harry

It's hard to explain...fast internet is spreading, so more ppl tend not to watch it live, of course, but I also think that ppl are losing interest in pop music in general (and the VMAs are mostly about pop music)...also, it's voted through the internet, so we all kind of know who's getting what (and in 2015 it's going to be Taylor Swift winning across-the-board), which takes away from the fun of watching the cerimony...

The lack of major names has a lot to do with the fact that most pop A-listers sort of underperformed with their latest releases (Madonna, Rihanna didin't well with her singles, Florence - even though she's more of an indie act) or have nothing to promote for now (Bey, Gaga, Adele, Katy...).

MTV could revitalize it by making it not about who's more popular, but about real talent...like, let ppl that maybe aren't that famous perform (in time ppl might start watching the show to discover new music they like), let professional judges decide who the awards are going to, make it a little less cheesy of a night and go for sofistication...I'm not sure it would bring better numbers in, but it would surelly make for a better show... 

I was thinking about your first point before I posted this as well, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the VMAs have been behind the AMAs and BBMAs for the past two years, even though it's historically been considered more culturally relevant and important.

I like your ideas for a switch up. I think they need to embrace different kind of acts too instead of scraping the barrel of vaguely successful pop acts.

Iwontell

I was thinking about your first point before I posted this as well, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the VMAs have been behind the AMAs and BBMAs for the past two years, even though it's historically been considered more culturally relevant and important.

I like your ideas for a switch up. I think they need to embrace different kind of acts too instead of scraping the barrel of vaguely successful pop acts.

AMAs are more varied, I think...country, for example, has a huge presence in the show, so it ends up appealing to a larger audience.

The BBMAs are a mystery to me :sweat:, I had no idea they're were doing well...

What about controversy having something to do with it...? BBMAs and AMAs are very "clean" compared to the VMAs, so maybe ppl are "less afraid" to watch them? Idk...a lot of ppl told me they were not watching this year's show bc of Miley, for example - and let's face it, Miley is there to make headlines...it's weird for me, cuz I see controversy as a great thing...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

grenziel

I believe the biggest pull of VMAs is actually the songs and this year is a pretty stale and boring year for music. We got the monster hits & biggest wave of music overall last 2009 - 2010 so VMAs really benefited from that time.

I'm really upset that this is the path that MTV VMAs chose. I mean, some considered them as the Grammy Version of music videos and they picked popularity than quality. 

Some of them want to abuse you, some of them want be abused.

Riot Poof

This is a dry year for pop music and this list of performers proves it. :coffee:

I hope this at least means we'll get a lot of major acts next year.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

From ATRL:

VMAs

Demi Lovato

enough said:rip:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Yes, but it'd understandable since no pop girl are in an era at the moment except for Taylor, who will be at the VMA's 

hence trash

Archived