💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

UK parents list best/worst celebrity role models for kids

StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

Check this out for a bit of a laugh (some names may pass non-Brits by):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3209970/Parents-rank-Miley-Cyrus-WORST-celebrity-role-model-children.html

If you don't want to read it, here's the top 5 for girls and boys:

Best role models for girls

1. Kate Middleton - 34%

2. Michelle Keegan - 32%

3. Taylor Swift - 27%

4. Beyoncé - 23%

5. Angelina Jolie - 22%

Worst role models for girls

1. Miley Cyrus - 78%

2. Nicki Minaj - 54%

3. Kim Kardashian - 43%

4. Kristen Stewart - 36%

5. Rihanna - 34%

Best role models for boys

1. Ed Sheeran - 41%

2. Harry Styles - 26%

3. Lewis Hamilton – 20%

4. James Corden - 17%

5. Justin Timberlake - 14% 

Worst role models for boys

1. Kanye West - 56%

2. Justin Bieber - 55%

3. Zayn Malik - 41%

4. Shia LaBeouf - 38%

5. Joey Ess-x - 25%

Really baffled at a lot of these choices. The Kate Middleton one is so predictable and sounds like a lot of middle class parents voted for that one. I have no idea what Michelle Keegan has done that's so amazing that parents wish their kids would emulate (all she seems to do is win awards for being s-xy, so...) and I think the parents have fallen for the image of these celebrities rather than taking a close look at their personalities. And as for the boys, I have no idea why a F1 driver is good role model material is James Corden is by far the most random choice. They were given a list of options, though, so maybe there wasn't a chance to add your own suggestions. On the plus side, Gaga is nowhere to be found! A few years back, she may have been on there!

gagzus

This was literally so predictable, Michelle Keegan is Zzzzz & Kate was totes predictable.

Also annoys me that the worst role models is bogus af, I love the Kardashians and I'm still a great student, polite, intelligent and I have ambition BECAUSE of them tbh (as well as other celebs).

Also annoying that they have same gender people for the specific group and no major non-white or LGBT positive role models except the most predictable and overrated one aka Beyonce.

Evan Peters

what does kate middleton do other than sit there as some personification of the monarchy that no longer exists. does the queen + the royal family just sit there? or do they actually have say in the government there :rip: 

emma roberts is an abuser

This female "worst role model" is actually my "best role model" (except for Angie <3 #HumanGoals) (And Kim, lol)

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

gagzus

what does kate middleton do other than sit there as some personification of the monarchy that no longer exists. does the queen + the royal family just sit there? or do they actually have say in the government there :rip: 

The royal family are just like celebrities nowadays tbh, ever since the media made them the new in-celebs the amount of Royalists has increased massively, I personally don't care for them and wouldn't miss them if we didn't have them tbh :rip: 

Besides, the Queen has to choose to deny or accept any laws the House of Commons wants to bring in, people forget that because she said yes the financial situation for less rich families is appalling :rip: 

teenagechrist

I don't think Miley or Nicki are bad role models. 

feeling so hot tamale

FrankGutz

I don't think Miley or Nicki are bad role models. 

they're kinda sl... u know? maybe that's why they think they're bad role models, i mean if i had a daughter i wouldn't be happy if my daughter were emulating Anaconda or Miley getting high, even when i did d--gs when i was younger :air:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

DrewStevens

Predictable but quite logical.

The males are mostly guys who believe they are gods and the females on the list have songs about raunchy s-x, d--gs and d--g dealers. No one wants their kids to listen to someone who sings/raps about getting eaten, doing d--gs or dating d--g dealers.

Harry

How/why is Kate Middleton considered such a good role model? What has she actually done? She went straight from university into a relationship with the Prince, and that's it. She didn't have to work for her wealth/fame, and now everything she does is just another product of the Royals.

Don't get me wrong, she seems like a nice person and has been involved in different charities etc... But she's essentially in the public eye for being with a particular man. Just like another woman that ironically is placed on the worst role models list lol.

And I love Bey, but what she does isn't that dissimilar to Nicki/Rih. She just acts classier and keeps a lower profile. She flaunts her body and shakes her ass, and she has very s-xual lyrics. Have these parents even heard her last album?

Meanwhile the number one bad female role model has done a ridiculous amount for charity - including creating her own organisation and becoming one of the few A-Listers to actively rally in support of the LGBT community - but she's considered horrible because she sticks out her tongue, shows a lot of skin and acts crazy. Shocking...

If anything, this list just shows how easy it is for the media to sway people's opinions. I don't know if I'm being like ~hippy~ or whatever, but I do feel like I'm part of a generation that makes up their own mind more so than our parents.

Gianni Versace

I would shoot myself between the eyes before I ever look up to Ed Sherran as a role model.

Bette Davis

Ed Sheeran.. What does he teach kids? **** your pants and wear the same undies for 3 days? :saladga:

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

Harry

I think it's like a technicality that The Queen still does have "power", but in reality she doesn't do anything. She can refuse laws being passed if she wants, I believe, but that has never really happened.

The Royal Family are just for show now. I personally think we have them just for tradition and tourism purposes, but I don't care about them at all. I kinda just want to see someone succeed her on the throne just so I can see it happen, then I wouldn't care if we got rid of the whole thing.

Archived