Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Nicki Minaj over?

BitcherelIa

Featured Posts

gagzus

Can't you say that about any artist when it ccomes to the GP? She proved that wrong with 4 imo.

not really, adele wasn't successful because of her looks and neither is gaga, but the majority of female popstars are known for generic looks tbh. & success wise yes but it was before the whole "beyonce is the definition of the perfect woman" trend hit full swing (it's gotten much worse and annoying now). But 4 wasn't catchy as a record at all because catchy top 40 hits, good looks and controversial antics where they can slut shame or diss for weeks are all the GP are after tbh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesse Pinkman

not really, adele wasn't successful because of her looks and neither is gaga, but the majority of female popstars are known for generic looks tbh. & success wise yes but it was before the whole "beyonce is the definition of the perfect woman" trend hit full swing (it's gotten much worse and annoying now). But 4 wasn't catchy as a record at all because catchy top 40 hits, good looks and controversial antics where they can slut shame or diss for weeks are all the GP are after tbh

I mean, if this were 2003-2008 I would kind of agree with you. But with 4 she had no interest in top 40 and she still remained relevant and it sold well. Her last album was critically acclaimed and she ventured into musical territory she had never been in before. I think the GP knows by now that she is more than s-x appeal and image, even though those aspects do play a role in her brand for sure.

Nicki on the other had had to release Anaconda admist a struggling era. That says a lot tbh.

It's science, bitch

gagzus

I mean, if this were 2003-2008 I would kind of agree with you. But with 4 she had no interest in top 40 and she still remained relevant and it sold well. Her last album was critically acclaimed and she ventured into musical territory she had never been in before. I think the GP knows by now that she is more than s-x appeal and image, even though those aspects do play a role in her brand for sure.

Nicki on the other had had to release Anaconda admist a struggling era. That says a lot tbh.

I'm not even gonna debate beyonce anymore because no one looks at her in honest and objective ways anyway.

But OT to Nicki, yes I agree she did she also went pop in 2012 to sell and get mainstream relevance and then re-conformed because ppl were complaining she was doing pop, then she said no pop on TPP and it was all Pop and R&B with EDM influences, and she claims Anaconda was a cultural phenomenon and had impact when it didn't, it was a trend following a trend about asses that had been around since 2012

Jesse Pinkman

I'm not even gonna debate beyonce anymore because no one looks at her in honest and objective ways anyway.

But OT to Nicki, yes I agree she did she also went pop in 2012 to sell and get mainstream relevance and then re-conformed because ppl were complaining she was doing pop, then she said no pop on TPP and it was all Pop and R&B with EDM influences, and she claims Anaconda was a cultural phenomenon and had impact when it didn't, it was a trend following a trend about asses that had been around since 2012

Let's agree to disagree on Bey and agree on Nicki because you hit of right on the head. :reductive2:

It's science, bitch

Mister Gaga

Not for me. The Pinkprint is flawless. Pink Friday was too generic for me, it lacked of soul. I can hear Onika in TPP. She found herself as an artist :nick:

Riot Poof

Disliking Nicki's recent album isn't a valid reason as to how she could be over. 

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Girl she's hot. Look at those features she did. It's like 393502323598064 already. And they're all selling like hot pancakes.

00026 † 10000

Whispering

She's selling out shows everywhere; I was at her show two weeks ago and it was the biggest crowd I've ever seen (((bigger than Gaga)))

Nicki's tickets are super cheap and she even has groupon offers. Her shows are only grossing around 500,000 to 600,000. She also only had 30 dates. Nicki's tour is in no way bigger than Gaga's, there is no comparison. 

StrawberryBlond

I doubt she'll do much better after this era. The Pinkprint was a massive improvement on her previous albums but I think it's too little too late. She lost credibility in the rap community for selling out by using dance pop in her music at the start of her career and she's now lost relevacy in the pop community for abandoning pop. She in a situation where she can't win and it wasn't the best business decision. Honestly, if dance pop was still all the rage, she'd probably still be doing that. It's like she's only going back to her roots because urban music has made a resurgance. She's also nearing 33 - old for a female rapper. Most of them are doing by their mid-30's, if not before. Nicki started her career so late that she hasn't even produced that many albums during her peak age for rapping. She also needs to start promoting worldwide again if she wants to keep her sales up. She no longer has traction outside the US and Canada. She's only had 2 really big hits here in the UK (Super Bass and Starships) and the public don't know her other songs. Anaconda only went to #3 here because it was on pre-order for 2 months and had a clean version to help boost it. She never actually promoted it here, so it fell out the charts without comment and her album only peaked at #18 and has sold less than 100k copies. She never made it big in Japan like she hoped (all that wacky style during the R:R era and that bizarre Wamables track as a Japan only release on Pinkprint weren't a coincidence). I don't even think she's big in Australia. She's a nobody in Europe and Latin America as well. That's the ultimate test as to if an artist is over or not - how well they're performing overseas. And Nicki has become extremely localised since she went back to her roots. Her music may be improving but she's paying for it in sales and relevancy.

Archived