๐Ÿ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT ๐Ÿ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Nicki Minaj over?

BitcherelIa

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster

I just think she's lost in her career. She's been featured on wayyyyy too many songs, released a sh*t-ton of singles/videos and I guess people just don't care anymore now. Just my two cents

She's overexposed and it seems like one big era that never stops with the whole Pink theme...just let it die and move on to a new concept or is she incapable of growing as an "artist"? :smh:

ย 

Stream my new single, ๐Ÿ’œ"Heartbeat"๐Ÿ’œ, on Spotify!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick

I think she's just hit her peak...if that makes sense. No artist ever stays the "big, best, new thing" especially in today's society where, thanks to technology and social media, the next big thing comes every day. She's plateaued, but I think she has a long, healthy career ahead of her :yes:ย 

๐Ÿ–ค

Cody Draco

Those are some of my favorite songs of her's. xD

Well there are two different sides to Nicki Minaj musically.

Pop Nicki and Hip-Hop Nicki.

You like pop Nicki it seems. :yes:

BitcherelIa

Well there are two different sides to Nicki Minaj musically.

Pop Nicki and Hip-Hop Nicki.

You like pop Nicki it seems. :yes:

Hmm I would guess so, hip-hop Nicki is too ranty to me. Pop Nicki makes me wanna have a good time.:pole:

freebit

She's not "over," but there's certain things she's doing that areย keeping her from being great, and female rappers do seem to have a short shelf life commercially speaking.

I think TPP wasn't the record she needed to make, she should have gone harder and done a straight rap album IMO. She needs that one classic record that's free of dumb pop -ย pop can be good, but the type of pop Nicki chooses is terrible. She also has a quality control problem when it comes to features.

Cody Draco

Hmm I would guess so, hip-hop Nicki is too ranty to me. Pop Nicki makes me wanna have a good time.:pole:

Do you like The Night Is Still Young or is it too mellow?

gagzus

she isn't over, she's becoming to the rap community what beyonce is to the r&b and pop world

Prismatic

The Pinkprint is her best album. I was so happy when she went back to her urban roots. I admit that I do jam to Roman Reloaded, but most of the album is trash, I am not here for the Pop/rap Nicki. I was loosing interest during RR, but PP really made me a Barbz again. The ballad/rap/urban and personal lyrics really touched my heart.ย 

All Things Go, I Lied, Want Some More, Pills N Potion, Bed Of Lies and the list goes on. I was slated when I saw her.ย 

The only floppy thing Onikaย has done this era was not adding "Lookin Ass" to PP.ย 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Creyk

She is not over, she did really well with Hey Mama recently.

I wish she would ditch the rap nonsense and did pop music though, if it wasn't for songs like Superbass and Starships she wouldn't have a shred of the popularity she has now. She is likeable and charismatic, with the right material she could be so much bigger.ย 

BitcherelIa

Do you like The Night Is Still Young or is it too mellow?

It's good but I prefer my favorites like Up in Flames or Roman Holiday, they make me crazy.ย :rockstar:

BitcherelIa

she isn't over, she's becoming to the rap community what beyonce is to the r&b and pop world

Not a big fan of Beyonce but Nicki isn't on her level.

Supersonic

This might be a little off topic but I am kind of sick and tired of seeing people saying "she's overexposed" or "she's overrated" about any female artist that's successful. Just say that YOU don't personally like them or their work and try not to make it seem like that their efforts are not worthy of attention and success.

On topic: Nobody can predict the future. Nothing in life is guarenteed, anything can happen. Her next album might sell 10 million, it might stall at the success of her previous works or it might flop. Nobody knows. There are way too many factors that influence the length of an artists career under the public scope to just make a blanket statement based on personal preferences or hearsay about what the general public might think.

Archived