Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Nicki Minaj over?

BitcherelIa

Featured Posts

BitcherelIa

The Pinkprint is her best album. I was so happy when she went back to her urban roots. I admit that I do jam to Roman Reloaded, but most of the album is trash, I am not here for the Pop/rap Nicki. I was loosing interest during RR, but PP really made me a Barbz again. The ballad/rap/urban and personal lyrics really touched my heart. 

All Things Go, I Lied, Want Some More, Pills N Potion, Bed Of Lies and the list goes on. I was slated when I saw her. 

The only floppy thing Onika has done this era was not adding "Lookin Ass" to PP. 

a Barbz sounds funny. xD

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagzus

Not a big fan of Beyonce but Nicki isn't on her level.

did i say i was on about her talent tho... :derpga:

gagzus

She is not over, she did really well with Hey Mama recently.

I wish she would ditch the rap nonsense and did pop music though, if it wasn't for songs like Superbass and Starships she wouldn't have a shred of the popularity she has now. She is likeable and charismatic, with the right material she could be so much bigger. 

i loved Roman Reloaded tbh mainly because it combined her rapping and singing in a good way on the beats (especially RedOne's beats)

Lucas

I'm not a big fan of hers but Roman Reloaded: The Re-Up is one of my favorite albums...

I can listen to all of it and bop to it before anyone says I'm a hater!

But The Pinkprint failed to entertain me and Anaconda was just controversy in my opinion and not a good song...

Is she on the road to oblivion?

If I'm not wrong, RR: The Re-up is like 95% pop and 5% rap, so I guess you're here for Pop Nicki, but I think Nicki said she will just rap now, no more pop

BitcherelIa

This might be a little off topic but I am kind of sick and tired of seeing people saying "she's overexposed" or "she's overrated" about any female artist that's successful. Just say that YOU don't personally like them or their work and try not to make it seem like that their efforts are not worthy of attention and success.

On topic: Nobody can predict the future. Nothing in life is guarenteed, anything can happen. Her next album might sell 10 million, it might stall at the success of her previous works or it might flop. Nobody knows. There are way too many factors that influence the length of an artists career under the public scope to just make a blanket statement based on personal preferences or hearsay about what the general public might think.

True but what I think people mean with overexposed is basically "I'm sick of seeing her face in front of the Youtube homepage when her songs aren't as good as they were." Like Taylor Swift right now I think.

BitcherelIa

If I'm not wrong, RR: The Re-up is like 95% pop and 5% rap, so I guess you're here for Pop Nicki, but I think Nicki said she will just rap now, no more pop

I already answered this yep I love pop Nicki but Roman Reloaded had some good rap in it if I recall.

gagzus

Nah but that's what matters I think.

yes but let's be honest the majority of Nicki's & a large portion of Beyonce's praise from general people outside of stan culture and a music oriented world (aka casual radio listeners and casual celebrity fans) care only for their looks and if they have a catchy top 40 hit. Nicki is mainly known for her ass and Beyonce is mainly known for her generic beauty (she's especially overrated but Nicki is slowly becoming her in that sense) 

Kabexuela

I don't really like her music anyway so it's whatever.  Until someone comes along and sweeps hip-hop off ha feet then I will pay attention.  No hater here, just pouring the **** outta some green tea for ya'll heauxers.

BillieGOAT

I loved the Pinkprint. She's selling out shows everywhere; I was at her show two weeks ago and it was the biggest crowd I've ever seen (((bigger than Gaga)))

teenagechrist

Well, I started taking her seriously with TPP tbh. 

feeling so hot tamale

Jesse Pinkman

Her peak is over, but I wouldn't say she's done...

I don't like her personality at times but I think she's talented and has delivered some solid songs/verses.

It's science, bitch

Jesse Pinkman

yes but let's be honest the majority of Nicki's & a large portion of Beyonce's praise from general people outside of stan culture and a music oriented world (aka casual radio listeners and casual celebrity fans) care only for their looks and if they have a catchy top 40 hit. Nicki is mainly known for her ass and Beyonce is mainly known for her generic beauty (she's especially overrated but Nicki is slowly becoming her in that sense) 

:lmao: The delusion!! Beyoncè is not just known for her "generic looks." Yes, her looks play a big part but she has a very respected discograpy that dates back to the 90s with Destiny's Child. She's also known for her incredible stage performances, her power couple status with Jay-Z and her feminism. Y'all seriously kill me with these outrageous remarks. :deadbanana: 

It's science, bitch

gagzus

:lmao: The delusion!! Beyoncè is not just known for her "generic looks." Yes, her looks play a big part but she has a very respected discograpy that dates back to the 90s with Destiny's Child. She's also known for her incredible stage performances, her power couple status with Jay-Z and her feminism. Y'all seriously kill me with these outrageous remarks. :deadbanana: 

maybe in a music centric world, but amongst regular people no one gives two ****s about her talent just her looks because it's trendy to like her looks and think she's the definition of beautiful when she's average for a female celebrity and there's hundreds of celebs who look better than her

Jesse Pinkman

maybe in a music centric world, but amongst regular people no one gives two ****s about her talent just her looks because it's trendy to like her looks and think she's the definition of beautiful when she's average for a female celebrity and there's hundreds of celebs who look better than her

Can't you say that about any artist when it ccomes to the GP? She proved that wrong with 4 imo.

It's science, bitch

Archived