Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Avril Lavigne: Legend or Has Been?

DiscoHeaven23

Avril Lavigne: Legend or Has Been  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Avril Lavigne should be considered a has been or a legend/icon

• She's a has been. Her career wasn't big enough to be considered a legend or icon.
    • I would considered her a legend/icon, except her marriage to Chad Kroeger really taints her image.
    • Are you kidding me? Avril has had such a profound affect on music and culture through the years. SHE'S A LEGEND
    • I really wouldn't consider her a has been or a legend. She doesn't fit in either category. She in between
    • If we can forget the last album or two from her, then yes, she's a legend.

Featured Posts

Giorno Giovanna

she had impact, I remember her songs getting played over and over, girls in my school jamming to Girlfriend and her other songs.

though it was a  few years ago, she hasn't got this appeal she had before anymore

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DiscoHeaven23

Just an update for everyone, this is Avril's Mainstream Top 40 Radio performance. Avril's songs have usually done well on radio. Spaces indicate different albums. 

Complicated: #1
Sk8ter Boi: #1
I'm With You: #1
Losing Grip: #17

Don't Tell Me: #9
My Happy Ending: #1
Nobody's Home: #13
Fall to Pieces: #34

Keep Holding On: #18

Girlfriend: #1
When You're Gone: #9
Hot: #40

What the Hell: #8
Smile: #25
Wish You Were Here: #30

Here's to Never Growing Up: #19

Bad Bromance

Avril definitely made her impact in the music industry in the early 2000s but her career is in a bit of a stand still ATM.  Her early hits were really good but I wouldn't call her a legend.  

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

RAMROD

To me, she is in the "still trying" category than either of the options given.

And it is nice for her fans, I suppose.

I am not really following her that much since Girlfriend.

That was the deal breaker for me.

I was excited when hearing about that Manson duet on the last album.

But turns out it was so disappointing.

But they had fun, I hope, so that's what's matters.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Okinawa

Goodbye Lullaby was such a boring album, completely different than the idea of Avril being wild and a rock star

Her previous album were so much better

and for the 5th album Avril did not even bother to write a third verse, I think every song of her 5th album just repeats the final chorus two times and lacks a third verse or repeats the second verse as the third verse

+ the 5th felt very Avrilish (rocky, pop-style), but it kinda was "too safe". Nothing new except for HK

I think Avril can become a legend if her next album will be good (again)

So far she is in between (she takes too long breaks to release an album)

~We are Reel Cool~

Cody Draco

The only legendary song in her discography is Complicated, maybe Girlfriend or Sk8er Boi too that's a tough call..

She has other great songs but not enough legendary ones or a legendary album to solidify a legacy.

That's not a bad thing, so few people become legends, she has had an amazing career. :party:

Cody Draco

I think there are a few ways to become a legend.

1. Have longevity and continued relevance.

2. Leave a unique undeniable stamp on music and culture.

3. Do a #2 and die young.

Was Avril's stamp on music and culture unique/undeniable enough to warrant legend status without dying young?

Cody Draco

Ignore this post I was trying to edit a different one and somehow quoted it on accident. :rip:

Versace

I voted for the fourth option , Avril is ICONIC but LEGENDARY not yet maybe she will be maybe she won't she's still fairly young and looks 17 lol. Oh and why is the last option saying her last album or two , her last i understand but the one before that (Goodbye Lullaby) is literally her best work (not my fav album of hers that would be The Best Damn Thing) in terms of lyrics, vocals, the rawness, the emotion, i felt we got to know her way more with that album as if she let her guard down and her venerability came through which not many Pop/Rock artist do that.  

InsideOutright

You forgot Rock N Roll: #91 :rip: 

Sadly, she's a has-been IMO, but I like her. :noparty: She had some good songs after Girlfriend (probably her most recent song that the GP knows). I can't even remember the last song of hers I heard on the radio besides Complicated.

SweetEscape

Not exactly a legend, but she is an icon. She's not that popular anymore, but her impact was pretty big and to be honest her discography is great (yes, even her last 2 albums). Goodbye Lullaby was actually supposed to be released in 2009, but her label wouldn't let her because the sound was more "raw" compared to The Best Damn Thing. Maybe if the gap between the eras was smaller, it would have sold better. And Avril Lavigne (the album) barely got any promo at all tbh so I don't think it was expected it'd sell 10 millions or something. And guys please stop complaining about Hello Kitty, it's just a cute song she made coz she wanted to experiment with a different sound, and she made a video for her Japanese fans. The rest of the album is great.

Hmmmm idk. Her first albums are excellent but then she had a downward spiral. She has a lot of impact tho.

She held out for a good amount of time but lost her fame and attention of the media. So not a legend.

Don't visit my profile

Katsuki Bakugo

In Australia nobody has heard anything from her since Goodbye Lullaby. She has some iconic hits but she's a has been. 

Thats not true. I am australian and I know What The Hell played at least once on the radio... 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Archived