💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Avril Lavigne: Legend or Has Been?

DiscoHeaven23

Avril Lavigne: Legend or Has Been  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Avril Lavigne should be considered a has been or a legend/icon

• She's a has been. Her career wasn't big enough to be considered a legend or icon.
    • I would considered her a legend/icon, except her marriage to Chad Kroeger really taints her image.
    • Are you kidding me? Avril has had such a profound affect on music and culture through the years. SHE'S A LEGEND
    • I really wouldn't consider her a has been or a legend. She doesn't fit in either category. She in between
    • If we can forget the last album or two from her, then yes, she's a legend.

Featured Posts

I remember borrowing "Let Go" from my local library (I know... weird) and playing it every chance I had.

Complicated, Sk8er Boi, I'm with You where just brilliance.

I also remember the girls in my class used to do this choreographed number to "Sk8er Boi" as they all sung it to the best of their pre-teen abilities and I remember 2007 when literally every girl's ringtone was "Girlfriend".

So with great sadness, I must say I don't think she is a legend and she is closer to a has-been than an icon. I'll say I consider her somewhat of an icon though, but one that I don't think will be remembered for a very long time.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gohan

Has been? I can name some has been "popstars" if you want :giggle:

Avril was at the Special Olympics singing her latest song (made especially for the promo of the event). Also, she was singing live and she slayed it completely. One thing a lot of has been papstarz can't even do :poordat:

Avril's name is iconic and so are her signature hits. Like it or not, she's still in the game and she'll be for a long time.

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

JusKeepBreathin

I don't think she is a has been yet. One album sells less the 1,000,000 copies worldwide and she is a has been? She really needs at least one good pop hit on her next album though.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

aaronyoji

god... calling her a has been would assimilate me to snobby stan culture....but saying she has done anything iconic/memorable/legendary is a sin on par with human trafficking... 

Ferrer Zorola

I'd call her a has been but then hot and I'm with you would invade me with nostalgia 
skater boy is a bit special to me too 

it's a daaamn cold night...

LIFE IS GOOD

TimisaMonster

She's a has been...it's been YEARS since she's had a hit single on radio and she hasn't really been doing anything to be noticed. 

The last couple of albums have been flops and overall her career is only relevant from the early 2000's...she's definitely not a legend and I don't see why anyone would think she is...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Dorothy Gale

Complicated, sk8er boi and Girlfriend were all smashes, and she also has songs like I'm With You and What The Hell. I'd say she's not quite a legend, but she'll never be a has been.

Aura Veil

Avril in the mid 00s will always be nostalgic, and Avril in her prime was WAY more enjoyable to listen to than most of her competitors.

gV1Q7x4.gif

aphrodisease

Who?

"Faites-moi des grimaces dans le dos tant que vous voudrez; mon cul vous contemple." - Gustave Flaubert

Riot Poof

I'm not a has-been... NOT YET A LEGEND!!!!

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Riot Poof

Seriously, I voted for "has-been." I haven't heard anything about her since "Girlfriend" (except for the "Hello Kitty" controversy :rip:).

This is just speaking as an American tho. I didn't know she's big in Asia.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

ChasingGhosts

In Australia nobody has heard anything from her since Goodbye Lullaby. She has some iconic hits but she's a has been. 

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

Katsuki Bakugo

I'm Sorry - by WHAT THE HELL is my anthem for life.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Archived