💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Avril Lavigne: Legend or Has Been?

DiscoHeaven23

Avril Lavigne: Legend or Has Been  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Avril Lavigne should be considered a has been or a legend/icon

• She's a has been. Her career wasn't big enough to be considered a legend or icon.
    • I would considered her a legend/icon, except her marriage to Chad Kroeger really taints her image.
    • Are you kidding me? Avril has had such a profound affect on music and culture through the years. SHE'S A LEGEND
    • I really wouldn't consider her a has been or a legend. She doesn't fit in either category. She in between
    • If we can forget the last album or two from her, then yes, she's a legend.

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Avril Lavigne first came to prominence 13 years ago in 2002. Her first album, "Let Go" sold 16 million copies worldwide and 6.8 million copies in the U.S. The album produced three top 10 singles, Complicated (#2), Sk8ter Boi (#10), and I'm With You (#4). On top of that she became quite a pop culture staple in 2002/2003, creating the female tie trend. Avril's second album "Under My Skin" sold 10 million copies worldwide and 3.1 million in the U.S. It produced two Top 40 songs, Don't Tell Me (#22) and My Happy Ending (#9). Three years later in 2007, Avril released her third album, "The Best Damn Thing", which sold 6 million copies worldwide and 1.7 million copies in the U.S. It also earned Avril her first #1 hit, Girlfriend, as well as a top 40 hit, When Your Gone (#24). In 2011, Avril returned with "Goodbye Lullaby", her fourth studio album. The album sold 1.3 million copies worldwide and 370,000 copies in the U.S. The album birthed one Top 40 hit, What The Hell (#11). This was the first time it started to seem like Avril's career was in decline. Two years later, after signing with a new record label, Avril seemed ready to start fresh, naming her fifth album "Avril Lavigne". However, this new start didn't go well at all. The album has only sold 650,000 copies worldwide, and a negleable amount in the U.S. The album did spawn one top 40 hit, "Here's To Never Growing Up" (#20). It seems like Avril's brand and image have suffered since the turn of the decade. But she's had a very impressive career. So what do u think? Is Avril a has been or is she considered a legend/icon. I would say a has been is an artist who's career was "eh" and now its over and a legend or icon in this case is someone who's had a great effect on culture and is now seeing their career coming to a close.

tumblr_m215toxMPC1rs55b4o1_500.gif

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She may not be iconic to the Americans as some of you may state, but she is big in Asia.

00026 † 10000

Zsolti

neither tbh

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

I don't know any song she does except Complicated and that girlfriend song (I'm not even 100% sure that was her).

As far as I know, she has been over for years, at least 10 right? That's the definition of a has-been. Hello Kitty was like her coming to terms with it.

Barbados

I'm a bit confused because she's iconic but not a legend? :confused: 

youtube.com/watch?v=BR5ZKUKVSEI delete the <wbr> bit

RodeckDanny

Actually most of the people I know, know more lyrics from Avril than lyrics from Beyoncé for example...

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

Sizzily

Her style just doesn't fit in with today's basic pop music. And when she tries to do basic pop music like Hello Kitty ( :fail:), its terrible. I wouldn't say she's a legend, but she was a major player in the early-mid 2000's and she will be remembered. :yes:

One Banned Boi

boyerased

You can call her a has been but you just cannot write her off. Maybe in America but in Asia Gagz is only like second to her. Asia loves Avril and they will eat anything that she releases

Archived