Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

'Teenage Dream,' 5 Years Later: Still the Perfect Terrible Pop Album

JusKeepBreathin

Featured Posts

JbGaga

As much as I dislike Katy Perry and think she's a horrible singer, with no creative bone in her body, and over rated x100 to say TD is a "Terrible Album" is delusional if not moronic. That album will go down in history as one of the greatest all time pop albums. You may not like the album (I don't like the album) But Terrible albums don't spawn 5 or so #1 hits.

Riot Poof

This article is more agreeable than that VH1 article that was written by a stan.

They could've elaborated more on how Teenage Dream was a "huge miss" tho. The argument seems... incomplete. And I just didn't understand how everything was supposed to tie in with the thesis. All I got was "yeah, the singles were great, but "Peacock" kinda sucks and the rest of the album consists of deep and poignant album cuts." I'm not quite sure on how this makes Teenage Dream the "perfect terrible pop album."

smh why did two separate people with two separate agendas flop with the points in their articles about the same album? :rip:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Versace

Look, we all know Katy Perry’s “Teenage Dream” is the greatest pop song of our time. I know it. You know it. Science knows it. 

Sure, you could put up a reasonable fight for Kelly Clarkson’s empowering “Since U Been Gone,” or Carly Rae Jepsen’s hyper-infectious “Call Me Maybe,” or perhaps one of Beyoncé’s capital-S Statement anthems as the greatest mainstream pop spectacle of the decade.

excuse me, bad romance says hi. :excuseu:

Agreed And the points they made of the song bringing emotion to many occasions aka being timeless the same or more could be said about Just Dance. 

JusKeepBreathin

This article is more agreeable than that VH1 article that was written by a stan.

They could've elaborated more on how Teenage Dream was a "huge miss" tho. The argument seems... incomplete. And I just didn't understand how everything was supposed to tie in with the thesis. All I got was "yeah, the singles were great, but "Peacock" kinda sucks and the rest of the album consists of deep and poignant album cuts." I'm not quite sure on how this makes Teenage Dream the "perfect terrible pop album."

smh why did two separate people with two separate agendas flop with the points in their articles about the same album? :rip:

I think he was just saying how forgettable the album was. He didn't really trash it. The title is just a play on words. A lot of people, not everyone, consider pop terrible music. I don't even think he trashed KP in the article. He wrote that it took her from pop to cartoonish pop because that where the GP wanted her to go. It also points out the current pop consumer only seems to want forgettable, cartoonish pop. He wrote all that in a way that wasn't offensive. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived