đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

VH1: Teenage Dream is the most important pop album of the past 10 years

Kacey Elizabeth

Featured Posts

Barbados

Maybe it's an American thing, I don't see her "iconic" impact extending there tbh

youtube.com/watch?v=BR5ZKUKVSEI delete the <wbr> bit

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venusian

I don't consider artists who rely on their looks to be iconic

the shaaaddeeeee

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

Mister Gaga

It had iconic singles, iconic aesthetic and an overall iconic era.

Iconic, yes.

"Most Important Pop Album Of The Last 10 Years", NO.

this x10000000000000000

Yes

a huge era like TD can not be ignored or forgotten

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

vertigostick

I am not trying to "spin anything". It's all plain facts.

Of course you do, I'm the one stating numbers proving TF/TFM was commercially more successful than TD and you still fail to acknowledge it LOL.

Why can't you accept TF/TFM was even more successful than TD?? Stop being delusional and deal with it.

Kacey Elizabeth

Of course you do, I'm the one stating numbers proving TF/TFM was commercially more successful than TD and you still fail to acknowledge it LOL.

Why can't you accept TF/TFM was even more successful than TD?? Stop being delusional and deal with it.

Oh please, Teenage Dream debuted and peaked at #1 on Billboard Top 200, and has spent like 224 weeks in that chart. The Fame debuted at #17 on that chart and later peaked at #2 because of the promo of The Fame Monster. The Fame Monster itself debuted and peaked at #5 on Billboard Top 200, and it has spent 51 weeks on that chart. The Fame itself has spent like 148 or 170 weeks on that chart. The Fame Monster has sold 1.6 million copies in the U.S. The Fame has sold 3 million copies in the U.S. on it's own and with TFM combined, TF has sold 4.6 million copies in the U.S. Teenage Dream had the first week sales of 192,000 copies, and has sold 3 million copies in the U.S. It also went #1 in 9 countries. TFM had the first week sales of 174,000 copies and went #1 in 11 countries. 

As for overall sales, we don't know the exact numbers for any of the albums. TF and TFM are combined when it comes to reporting their sales and TD's last sales report was in 2013. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

Do people even know what iconic or having impact means? They either have no idea what iconic/having impact means, thus the think that TD isn't iconic, or they are just in denial and cannot accept the fact that TD was/is iconic. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

vertigostick

I personally never said TD had no impact, but again: TF/TFM had even more impact as proved by its sales which are definitely superior to TD/TDCC. The impact of videos such as Bad Romance or Telephone was also much bigger than any TD videos, their release were proper pop events at the time...

I just don't get why you can't accept those simple facts. You even go as far as using chart peaks to make it look as if TD had had more success than TFM, while anybody with a bit of common sense and honesty knows that chart peaks mean NOTHING (ARTPOP debuted at #1, does it make it a commercial success? LOL).

Why does it hurt so much?? Do you think it takes something away from Katy Perry to accept that Gaga was more successful than KP ever was during her imperial era?? If so, go see a doctor, sis! 

Bleachella

TD is super iconic, there is NO denying that. Everyone remembers the cotton candy scene, the cupcake bra (I think it was?), and more aspects from the era. It's a great pop album, and super fun and catchy. :yes: 

I don't think it deserves title of most important album, but I dont really know which album does . :shrug: 

Arizonadream777

Do people even know what iconic or having impact means? They either have no idea what iconic/having impact means, thus the think that TD isn't iconic, or they are just in denial and cannot accept the fact that TD was/is iconic. 

I thought school was back in session?:awesome:

The fact that they couldn't even get the Michael Jackson album title right shows just how little they know or care. Which makes their opinion, well, irrelevant.

Archived