Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

VH1: Teenage Dream is the most important pop album of the past 10 years

Kacey Elizabeth

Featured Posts

Pierre

TD's grammy awards show how important and iconic it is. :teehee: 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kacey Elizabeth

I defended Katy a lot on this forum but you don't even need to be pressed for this :chica: Critics HATED this album. One Billboard article (reminder: Billboard is a joke when it comes to acknowledging quality) isn't gonna change the obvious: that Teenage Dream does NOT deserve to be compared to Thriller and is never gonna be seen as some important transition album for the history of pop music.

Some albums get trashed by critics when they're first released, but years later, that album starts to get praise, maybe because it stood the test of time and had enormous success and impact. Some critics even raise up the scores that they gave to that album on Megacritic. The same thing can be vice versa. 

As for the bolded part, you can deny it all you want. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

TD's grammy awards show how important and iconic it is. :teehee: 

Madonna's Like A Prayer (not that I am comparing it with Teenage Dream) did not win a GRAMMY, yet it is the one of the most critical acclaimed and iconic albums of all time. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Didymus

Some albums get trashed by critics when they're first released, but years later, that album starts to get praise, maybe because it stood the test of time and had enormous success and impact. Some critics even raise up the scores that they gave to that album on Megacritic. The same thing can be vice versa. 

As for the bolded part, you can deny it all you want. 

Deny?

Give me one good reason why it marks a transition :flop:

The article isn't even an a--lysis of why it's important, it's a review written by a fan who's convinced that album is the cream of the crop. Everything in there is subjective and overthrown by the critics' consensus in 2010 (and god knows the music didn't get fresher until now).

I enjoy TD as a pop album but omg. Saying I'm "denying" its iconic status of global, historical importance is hilarious.

Evan Peters

PEOPLE ALREADY ARE PRESSED AF. :lmao::woot:

Disagreeing with an article doesn't make someone pressed. :rip: Do ya'll call someone in class who doesn't agree with an opinion pressed? Or if someone doesn't like an idea proposed at a job? There's a difference between disagreeing with something and just hating on it because you don't like the topic. I don't like Katy, but that isn't why I disagree with the article. I disagree with the article because I think they're are tons of albums that are better lyrically, music, and impact wise.  

Congrats to Katy though

emma roberts is an abuser

Kacey Elizabeth

Weird that article prefers Katy's brand of pop for being "fun and harmless" and compares her to Thiller ... which was actually much darker and Halloween like The Fame Monster.

It also mentioned that when Gaga dominated with The Fame Monster, dance and popular music became dark and full of symbolism, and Teenage Dream changed that with it being playful, fun, sweet, and colorful. Whereas Michael Jackson's Thriller came out when popular music wasn't dark or Halloween like. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

super ultra

if it hadn't had 5 #1 (mess), I highly doubt they would say that

yes, it was succesfull but it doesn't have any revolutionary song(/impact), it's just a good pop album

Head Empty

The article says it all.

The only thing the article says is that she makes good, catchy, lighthearted music. People have been doing that for decades, yet VH1 acts it's something groundbreaking :messga:. I'm not saying Teenage Dream is bad, but besides the commercial succes it doesn't really stand out in music history if you ask me.

And by the way, the writer of the article contradicts himself by critisizing "dark" music yet praising E.T.:sweat:

Redstreak

I don't have to be pressed about Katy to be able to call out her hypocrisy and greediness, and to despise her as a person and her music. I mean, I don't personally know ISIS, Donald Trump, and etc. I personally know nothing of their actions, intentions, or personally know how they live their lives and what goes through their head. But does that mean that I cannot observe and read between the lines myself and despise them, their actions, intentions, and their tin-foot existence? 

I hear Katy literally eats babies! I mean it was the voice inside my head that told me but that's proof enough right??

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Kacey Elizabeth

Disagreeing with an article doesn't make someone pressed. :rip: Do ya'll call someone in class who doesn't agree with an opinion pressed? Or if someone doesn't like an idea proposed at a job? There's a difference between disagreeing with something and just hating on it because you don't like the topic. I don't like Katy, but that isn't why I disagree with the article. I disagree with the article because I think they're are tons of albums that are better lyrically, music, and impact wise.  

Congrats to Katy though

Nah, you are all just pressed and cannot accept the truth. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Spock

Not Katy also paying and buying positive press in addition to payola that I have no proof of but I know she does. I mean, she couldn't be more transparent. This is Katy's clear attempt to get into the public's good graces so they'll go to her shows and keep buying her music. I wouldn't be surprised if in addition she also payed for all those YouTube, Vevo and Spotify streams because I say so, so it's true.

who will love me when the night is over

PicklePower

Not Katy also paying and buying positive press in addition to payola. I mean, she couldn't be more transparent. This is Katy's clear attempt to get into the public's good graces so they'll go to her shows and keep buying her music. I wouldn't be surprised if in addition she also payed for all those YouTube, Vevo and Spotify streams because I say so, so it's true.

:rip: 

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

Kacey Elizabeth

if it hadn't had 5 #1 (mess), I highly doubt they would say that

yes, it was succesfull but it doesn't have any revolutionary song(/impact)

Actually, before the release of Firework, there weren't much empowering songs which had huge success and support in mainstream music. After Firework, more self-empowering songs were released and dominated the charts. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Didymus

Nah, you are all just pressed and cannot accept the truth. 

What truth though? :flop: You can't even clearly delineate why the article says it's the most important pop album of the past 10 years (because the article doesn't even say that lmao).

So don't call us out when you didn't even seem to have understood the article.

Archived