Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

VH1: Teenage Dream is the most important pop album of the past 10 years

Kacey Elizabeth

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster

"most important"

:awkney: :fail: :what: :smh: :saladga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AgusPop

PEOPLE ALREADY ARE PRESSED AF. :lmao::woot:

Why? because one random article written by some random journalist? Not My Dear.  You know this is not true. :hunty:

See you

iy.jpg

Kacey Elizabeth

:rip:  just to mention a few: Beautiful, Express Yourself

Express Yourself - 1989. Beautiful - 2002. By the time Firework was released, self-empowering songs' concept was kind of dead and wasn't trendy in pop culture.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

Nobody remembers any of these singles unless they follow pop music to such an extent that they participate/waste time on the internet on pop forums

:awkney: 

Sure Jan.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

TD/TD re-edition = 6m sales

TF/TFM = 14m sales

Enough said, numbers don't lie.

Umm, Bonnie McKee received a plaque in 2013 which said that Teenage Dream/Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection had sold 11 million copies WW.

ALSO... Teenage Dream wouldn't have been credited for starting a wave of sweet pop music if the US didn't sleep on the good sis Kylie.

She consistently puts out light and fluffy albums (sans Impossible Princess). :lolly:

That album was released in 1997. By 2010, bubblegum, bright, and sugary pop music wasn't mainstream in pop culture. Nobody here is saying Katy invented that kind of music, but she brought it back in a time when that style of music wasn't popular in mainstream. Bubblegum, bright, and sugary pop music is still relevant in pop culture and it's mainly because of Teenage Dream. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

TD/TD re-edition = 6m sales

TF/TFM = 14m sales

Enough said, numbers don't lie.

Umm, Bonnie McKee received a plaque in 2013 which said that Teenage Dream/Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection had sold 11 million copies WW.

ALSO... Teenage Dream wouldn't have been credited for starting a wave of sweet pop music if the US didn't sleep on the good sis Kylie.

She consistently puts out light and fluffy albums (sans Impossible Princess). :lolly:

That album was released in 1997. By 2010, bubblegum, bright, and sugary pop music wasn't mainstream in pop culture. Nobody here is saying Katy invented that kind of music, but she brought it back in a time when that style of music wasn't popular in mainstream music. Bubblegum, bright, and s

Your Candy Perfume Girl

SlaeUrAnus

Express Yourself - 1989. Beautiful - 2002. By the time Firework was released, self-empowering songs' concept was kind of dead and wasn't trendy in pop culture.

Pink - Raise Your Glass and Perfect - 2010, Kesha - We R Who We R and Gaga - Born This Way - 2011. It kinda was. 

In my messy era.

Ray of Light

Madonna's Like A Prayer (not that I am comparing it with Teenage Dream) did not win a GRAMMY, yet it is the one of the most critical acclaimed and iconic albums of all time. 

Yes it technically did due to its tour video winning the Grammy for Best Video. 

Battle 4 Ur Life

It IS an outstanding pop album. let's all deal with that.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Kacey Elizabeth

Not you saying Katy has done better with TD than the whole Gaga's discography :what:

Whoops, my bad on that part. The Fame and The Fame Monster definitely were game changers and are iconic albums which had impact and have quality. They do deserve a mention.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

Yes it technically did due to its tour video winning the Grammy for Best Video. 

It's tour video, not the album itself.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Riot Poof

That album was released in 1997. By 2010, bubblegum, bright, and sugary pop music wasn't mainstream in pop culture. Nobody here is saying Katy invented that kind of music, but she brought it back in a time when that style of music wasn't popular in mainstream. Bubblegum, bright, and sugary pop music is still relevant in pop culture and it's mainly because of Teenage Dream. 

omg sis I said "sans" IP, in this context meaning "minus."

I guess my point with the Kylie thing was that you wouldn't have a hard time finding popular bubblegum pop songs released not too long before Teenage Dream:shrug:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Archived