💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

VH1: Teenage Dream is the most important pop album of the past 10 years

Kacey Elizabeth

Featured Posts

holy scheisse

Nobody remembers any of these singles unless they follow pop music to such an extent that they participate/waste time on the internet on pop forums

:awkney: 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spock

I also wouldn't be surprised if she threatened the NFL into giving her that Super Bowl slot and manipulated the ratings just so she could trick people into believing she's the most powerful musician because greed and pettiness and so transparent

who will love me when the night is over

Redstreak

I also wouldn't be surprised if she threatened the NFL into giving her that Super Bowl slot and manipulated the ratings just so she could trick people into believing she's the most powerful musician because greed and pettiness and so transparent

Remember when she copied Brave with Roar and then threatened to sue Sara unless she came out and talked about how it totally wasn't a rip off and transparent and greed?

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Nope, sorry. I don't hate Katy. I don't have to be pressed to disagree :sweat:

Do you hear that? It's poison.

I agree! She is by far the most manipulative pop star out there. The way she arranged her era to go against ARTPOP. She is one of the ruthless few who would stomp down on others in order to elevate themselves. 

*insert wall of text here* :reductive2:

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

The TL;DR version of this article is: 

"Teenage Dream is the best because it's full of total bops and it sold a lot of records! It's a record that doesn't make you think, it just lets you have fun."

Their explanation is fitting for a "Most Fun Pop Album of the Past 10 Years," but this article is basically praising Katy for throwing a fun party when I think "Most Important Pop Album of the Past 10 Years" should go to an album geared around something a little more important and socially relevant. 

monketsharona

Which album of this decade have they said this same thing about? The only other album which deserves this title is Adele's 21.

Not you saying Katy has done better with TD than the whole Gaga's discography :what:

Riot Poof

I don't think being commercially successful and supposedly inspiring a wave of "sweeter" pop music (which I think is a reach) makes it the "most important pop album of the past 10 years." This is some blatant stan talk.

I do agree that Teenage Dream could be vindicated by critics later on, but it's too soon to say what actually is the most important pop album of the last ten years. Besides, Teenage Dream is most certainly not the only pop album of the last ten years that could go down in history. It's gonna have to duke it out with The Fame Monster, BEYONCÉ, 1989, 21, probably some Rihanna album... You never know.

Also...

"It surged a brand of silliness into the dance genre that had been dominated by Lady Gaga’s Fame Monster edge. (No offense to Gaga; The Fame Monster is brilliant, but sometimes we just want to groove without nightmares or symbolism.)"

Am I overestimating what the GP can handle because I'm used to darker music and complex subjects in music? Sure, the music videos for that era were creepy, but... The Fame Monster only had one explicitly dark song (like Teenage Dream... :green:).

:crossed:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Spock

Remember when she copied Brave with Roar and then threatened to sue Sara unless she came out and talked about how it totally wasn't a rip off and transparent and greed?

That was actually planned between their teams. Capitol knew that there was no way that song would have been as huge or go #1 without all that controversy. Sara was actually then meant to go on tour with Katy as a reward but Katy cancelled last minute because she found out Sara was nominated for a Grammy. I just know this.

I agree! She is by far the most manipulative pop star out there. The way she arranged her era to go against ARTPOP. She is one of the ruthless few who would stomp down on others in order to elevate themselves. 

*insert wall of text here* :reductive2:

I miss curly, black haired Katy so much. She would never have done the greedy things new Katy is doing now

who will love me when the night is over

I think the 52 on Metacritic doesn't agree but why not

Ov96vYp.gif

Off topic, but where are these ape gifs coming from? :toofunny: 

Riot Poof

What do I need to type into Google to get these ape gifs? Help a sis out. :kisses:

Riot Poof

ALSO... Teenage Dream wouldn't have been credited for starting a wave of sweet pop music if the US didn't sleep on the good sis Kylie.

She consistently puts out light and fluffy albums (sans Impossible Princess). :lolly:

Archived