Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are you basic if you're a fan of Lady Gaga?

yASSsss

Featured Posts

Born To Slay

I'm obsessed with the b*tch and I am not f*cking basic.

tumblr_lgvm8ulwhH1qbpemeo1_500.gif

What performance is this?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AgusPop

If Gaga is basic what is Katy then? :lmao: No! my Dear, Gaga is not Basic, she is a very talented, complex, and original artist.

Why? Because I wish to prove my point to you and it just so happens that you're not having any of it? And if trying to prove a point to someone is "basic" in your eyes, the fact that you're trying to prove a point to me about proving points would be considered "basic," would it not?

Besides, I'm not the only one who feels the way I do:

No. Because you had nothing to prove to me from the get go. 

Also, when did I ever try to prove a point to you? Show me where I wrote an essay about it. 

Of course you're not the only one, but that doesn't make it any less basic. Stanning for someone is fine. Stanning for someone to the point where you have to argue with everyone who doesn't hold your same view is basic. 

isaacanthony

Unfortunately yes.

Just by saying "Yes, I listen to Lady Gaga" will get you an instant "Oh gosh, of course" 

And that is just because Gaga is so mainstream, just like all the other artists that you listen to on the radio or see on the VMA's. Everyone knows of these artists and thats why you are called basic... because you are not reaching to other artists who are not so mainstream...and you are only listening to what is being thrown at you. 

For example, it's like saying "OH YEAH! I love art..." and someone asks "who are your favorite artists?" and your response is "Pablo Picaso, Leonardo di Vinci, etc"....its basic...it's like your not cultured enough to go deeper then that and visit different artists that are not commonly known but have had impact. 

If Gaga was to never have had the commercial success that she has received and yet still doing everything that she does but not many people knowing who she is...you would be fine. You would be able to tell a friend "Hey! You have to check out this singer i recently started listening to..she calls herself Lady Gaga. She's dark and bold and her sound is mixed with Pop and Dance"  You wouldn't be considered basic...your friend would probably think "WOW, your taste in music is interesting" 

This is why I am glad that Gaga is not going to be on the VMA's this year...MTV just throws at us all this over commercialized artists singing these pointless songs... when really there are so many artists who deserve to be there and performing but they are not...instead we get some Anaconda (still love you Nikki) 

Gaga has been on such a great path with Tony, The Grammy's, The Oscars and the Stevie Wonder tribute. This path has been getting her so much more respect and really showing that she is a true talent and one of a kind. 

djBuffoon

To someone who has only heard her singles, particularly her earlier stuff, I could definitely see that. 

Gaga has not reinvented the wheel, nor has she ever claimed to be experimental from a music perspective. But I think her albums, by and large, are unique and crafted with a remarkable amount of imagination.

You won't find tracks like "Scheiße", "Heavy Metal Lover", "Aura", "Sexxx Dreams", "Bloody Mary", "Venus", etc, on your average pop album, or even close. You just won't. 

crisTEAne

Unfortunately yes.

Just by saying "Yes, I listen to Lady Gaga" will get you an instant "Oh gosh, of course" 

And that is just because Gaga is so mainstream, just like all the other artists that you listen to on the radio or see on the VMA's. Everyone knows of these artists and thats why you are called basic... because you are not reaching to other artists who are not so mainstream...and you are only listening to what is being thrown at you. 

For example, it's like saying "OH YEAH! I love art..." and someone asks "who are your favorite artists?" and your response is "Pablo Picaso, Leonardo di Vinci, etc"....its basic...it's like your not cultured enough to go deeper then that and visit different artists that are not commonly known but have had impact. 

This is why I am glad that Gaga is not going to be on the VMA's this year...MTV just throws at us all this over commercialized artists singing these pointless songs... when really there are so many artists who deserve to be there and performing but they are not...instead we get some Anaconda (still love you Nikki) 

Gaga has been on such a great path with Tony, The Grammy's, The Oscars and the Stevie Wonder tribute. This path has been getting her so much more respect and really showing that she is a true talent and one of a kind. 

i understand what you're saying and, sadly, i have to agree. at the same time, however, it's very sad if you think about it. stigmatizing people just because they enjoy mainstream products/artists is just as superficial as actually being superficial about art. sometimes i really hate that there is still a clear boundary between high and low art despite the fact that their respective spheres are blending more and more. that's partially the reason why i like to view gagz as a modern-day warhol: an artist applying his ideal to the (post)modern era. 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

RodeckDanny

Not really, even in music colleges people lately see Gaga as one of the few talented popstars. Her Grammy and Oscar presentations really helped at that. 

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

giskardsb

To someone who has only heard her singles, particular her earlier stuff, I could definitely see that. 

Gaga has not reinvented the wheel, not has she ever claimed to be experimental from a music perspective. But I think her albums, by and large, are unique and crafted with a remarkable amount of imagination.

You won't find tracks like "Scheiße", "Heavy Metal Lover", "Aura", "Sexxx Dreams", "Bloody Mary", "Venus", etc, on your average pop album, or even close. You just won't. 

people that have only heard her singles don't know her at all.   I wouldn't even be a fan if it was just about the singles.

VenusBlackStar

No. Because you had nothing to prove to me from the get go. 

Also, when did I ever try to prove a point to you? Show me where I wrote an essay about it. 

Of course you're not the only one, but that doesn't make it any less basic. Stanning for someone is fine. Stanning for someone to the point where you have to argue with everyone who doesn't hold your same view is basic. 

I didn't have anything to prove to you personally until you quoted me and responded with some words that made me feel defensive. Doesn't that invite me to respond? I didn't have to, but I felt the need to. There's nothing wrong with that.

I'll reiterate some things I said earlier and said it wasn't really arguing, just educating the ignorant on things that simply aren't true, like saying Gaga can't sing when she really, really can. It's a simple correction, and it's an objective statement because if you pay attention to her vocal technique there is supporting evidence suggesting her technical ability is vastly superior to most of her peers. I admit that the "taking a seat" phrase probably wasn't the best way to put it because it was meant to be humorous and probably came across to you negatively, being that we don't know each other personally so things can easily be misconstrued.

Clearly we've just been misunderstanding each other, and before we start breaking down into a debate on semantics I'm cool with ending this if you are.

HausAlly

we all got a little basic b---h inside us, mines called katheryn whats yours called :laughga:

I didn't have anything to prove to you personally until you quoted me and responded with some words that made me feel defensive. Doesn't that invite me to respond? I didn't have to, but I felt the need to. There's nothing wrong with that.

I'll reiterate some things I said earlier and said it wasn't really arguing, just educating the ignorant on things that simply aren't true, like saying Gaga can't sing when she really, really can. It's a simple correction, and it's an objective statement because if you pay attention to her vocal technique there is supporting evidence suggesting her technical ability is vastly superior to most of her peers. I admit that the "taking a seat" phrase probably wasn't the best way to put it because it was meant to be humorous and probably came across to you negatively, being that we don't know each other personally so things can easily be misconstrued.

Clearly we've just been misunderstanding each other, and before we start breaking down into a debate on semantics I'm cool with ending this if you are.

It's not an invitation if you're not asked to come. Next,

Rabbit Heart

Hun you're only basic if your fave is basic and our girl is everything but basic! We slay fan bases! 

Archived