💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are you basic if you're a fan of Lady Gaga?

yASSsss

Featured Posts

crisTEAne

That's why she has to stop with her artsy-fartsy talk and actually give us an artistic album.

Maybe then, nobody would call Gaga fans basic. :whitney:

she already did. 4 times. 

as for the "artsy-fartsy talk": 6:50–7:30

OT: definitely NOT! the exact opposite, actually.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Riot Poof

she already did. 4 times. 

as for the "artsy-fartsy talk": 6:50–7:30

OT: definitely NOT! the exact opposite, actually.

I feel like I'm at odds with most of the stans on this site because I don't find her music experimental or all that innovative.

Gaga's image is more radical than her music. I see that as a huge discrepancy, and I want her to bridge the gap with a truly innovative pop album, one where the music truly sounds like a mix of Gaga's artistic/experimental side and Gaga's mainstream/accessible side. Don't take this as a "hater" comment because I've expressed my love for Gaga and her music countless times. I just know that she has the potential to be better and more innovative than she is right now.

I don't really care about what she said in the video because it didn't address the issue above.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

crisTEAne

I don't really care about what she said in the video because it didn't address the issue above.

yes, it did address the issue. you said that she "has to stop with her artsy-fartsy talk." in the video, she says that she won't stop yakking about her art because it's her life.

Benji

It's complicated, and I don't think you can really call someone "basic" for their music taste.

I mean, Gaga is and always will be what you want her to be. If you think she's basic, she's actually pretty basic and comes across like she's just an attention seeker but if you believe what she tells you, she's far more diverse and interesting.

However, this is the same for every pop artist. If you don't believe them, they're nothing but a catchy song and a body.

BitcherelIa

To me Gaga is the anti-basic pop star, she is able to be successful as a hookar and as a princess, she is very inteligent, educated, brought up in a priviledged but hard-work earned environment and she is always striving to be herself...

In short, she is everything BUT basic... other pop stars that I consider nonbasic are Bjork, Marilyn Manson... stars that are able to have a cult-like following based on their real contributions as opposed to being followed for trend, popularity or whatever is coming hot out of the oven next.

BitcherelIa

Stars I consider basic... Katy, sometimes I consider Adele basic mostly because of her followers, she charms very basic people and uhm... list could go on.

PD: This doesn't mean I don't like them, I love songs like Wide Awake or Someone Like You but I also think that of them. 

8e8da2c920d3e2b7252737de2bc2cb5b.jpg

Riot Poof

yes, it did address the issue. you said that she "has to stop with her artsy-fartsy talk." in the video, she says that she won't stop yakking about her art because it's her life.

I meant that she has to stop talking like that if her music won't deliver, which was what I basically said in one paragraph.

But like... I don't really care that much. As long as I enjoy her music...  :flutter:

crisTEAne

I meant that she has to stop talking like that if her music won't deliver, which was what I basically said in one paragraph.

But like... I don't really care that much. As long as I enjoy her music... :flutter:

well, in my case, her music certainly did deliver. :flower:

plus, taking gaga's artistic integrity into account, i highly doubt she would release anything that does not meet her artistic expectations.

Riot Poof

well, in my case, her music certainly did deliver. :flower:

plus, taking gaga's artistic integrity into account, i highly doubt she would release anything that does not meet her artistic expectations.

I agree that she has integrity. I guess we just disagree on whether or not Gaga's music is innovative enough for someone with her image and influences.

Tokyo Rose

She has her own little corner of pop culture, so she's outside the realm of being basic.

Riot Poof

Gaga is one of the only "not basic" pop artists...why would stanning for her make you basic?

Some people think all mainstream pop music is basic. :flop:

There's also prejudice against Little Monsters (as if we're actually worse than any other fanbase).

crisTEAne

I agree that she has integrity. I guess we just disagree on whether or not Gaga's music is innovative enough for someone with her image and influences.

i guess so. let's agree to disagree.

TimisaMonster

Gaga is the furthest thing from basic...

Basic is stanning for Katy :awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

FrankGutz

hell no, the Queen of indie charts ain't basic :pawsup:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Archived