💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Avril Lavigne responds to Taylor Swift "shade"

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

SlaeUrAnus

Avril is actually pretty good to her fans, but I agree with Kanye and Britney though. 

In my messy era.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spock

Lord has the Kats so pressed that they keep track of her likes on tumblr and make them go viral :dies:

Praying for them

0PcCtkB.gif

who will love me when the night is over

Lord has the Kats so pressed that they keep track of her likes on tumblr and make them go viral :dies:

Praying for them

0PcCtkB.gif

The obsession is real! :rofl:

They can't handle the fact that the Lord made Katheryn's career extinct with 1989 :rofl:

Poor pussies. :rofl:

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Whispering

Labels pressure artists into having meet and greets. You can't simply "not have one" if the record label wants it.

You can refuse to charge fans for it, like Taylor does, so I don't know why you couldn't say no to meet and greets completely. 

I wonder if Prince has meet and greets? He doesn't like to talk to strangers...or people at all actually. Lol  I was just thinking I don't know if Adele did these type of events at her concerts either. It's been so long, I don't remember! 

You can refuse to charge fans for it, like Taylor does, so I don't know why you couldn't say no to meet and greets completely. 

I wonder if Prince has meet and greets? He doesn't like to talk to strangers...or people at all actually. Lol  I was just thinking I don't know if Adele did these type of events at her concerts either. It's been so long, I don't remember! 

Taylor can do that because she's signed to a record label that she practically owns and they submit to her every word because she's the biggest act they could possibly hope to have, she rakes in millions and they give her full creative control in return.

Whispering

Taylor can do that because she's signed to a record label that she practically owns and they submit to her every word because she's the biggest act they could possibly hope to have, she rakes in millions and they give her full creative control in return.

She doesn't own the record label, but she was smart enough early on in her career to sign with a smaller label and invest in it to help it grow. She has done these free meet and greets, since the very beginning of her career. Gaga used to do them for free too, until this last tour, so it must be an option for some artists. 

That's my question, do some artists like Prince or Adele refuse to do these types of meet and greets? It would seem that someone like Britney (who has a valid medical reason) could use that as a reason to avoid these situations that are highly uncomfortable for her. She had to have a major contract written up to have this residency in Vegas, and she is one of the main acts there, so she might could have worked something like that in.

LoveandMagic

They should see Gaga with fans

6-23-12_Backstage_meet_and_greet_001.jpg

Think she would let me grab hers??

What?? Legitimate question. That ass is perfection.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

StrawberryBlond

Artists really need to be careful what they favourite because everyone sees it. This is what I mean about Taylor being self-serving. Favouriting stuff that glorifies her, isn't even unique to her and makes other artists look bad? So much for her stance that all artists should be supported and that we shouldn't pit women against each other. If she's going to take the moral high ground all the time, the public are going to hold her up to that. Kanye features on this list and hasn't she supposedly made it up with him and going to do a track with him? And yet she's making fun of him here? And of course, Katy features, because that knife could be twisted that tiny bit deeper. Taylor is nothing but a mean girl.

She doesn't own the record label, but she was smart enough early on in her career to sign with a smaller label and invest in it to help it grow. She has done these free meet and greets, since the very beginning of her career. Gaga used to do them for free too, until this last tour, so it must be an option for some artists. 

That's my question, do some artists like Prince or Adele refuse to do these types of meet and greets? It would seem that someone like Britney (who has a valid medical reason) could use that as a reason to avoid these situations that are highly uncomfortable for her. She had to have a major contract written up to have this residency in Vegas, and she is one of the main acts there, so she might could have worked something like that in.

It's not like she purposely signed up to a small label with this in mind. She was just desperate to get her debut album out when she was still young instead of waiting until 18 like RCA advised, so she was likely grateful to be signed by anyone. She even said that a lot of labels had issues signing anyone under 18. She just got lucky that she was Big Machine's first ever signing. She practically does own it for all the freedom she gets there. Most artists don't have her luck. Some artists can do the meetings for free at the beginning to reel fans in but then the label realises that there's a lucrative business here. The artists don't choose when they'll start charging or how much they will charge. 

Probably, and the labels just allow them because they're "real" artists who demand higher respect. Popstars get treated so badly by their labels and forced into so much, even if they do make their own work. Making them do M&G's has a very "get in the cage and dance, monkey" vibe to it. You can see why not all of them are too thrilled. When you're a popstar, your fans are hardcore and they love the concept of M&G's (usually funded by their parent's money), so labels take advantage of this a lot. I'm sure the demand to meet people like Prince and Adele isn't as high because they have very different, older fans. And I have the distinct impression that those two in particular would be pretty stand-offish too, considering their attitudes. As for Britney, well, her family haven't always had her best intentions at heart. This conservatorship was supposed to be about protecting her but it just seems to enable them to make more money from her. Britney doesn't have any say in what she does and it's so sad.

Think she would let me grab hers??

What?? Legitimate question. That ass is perfection.

Seeing as she let a fan hold her on his shoulders in a piggyback, I wouldn't put it past her. Her bodyguards might have issues, though. You could be allowed to fake grab it, though!

Whispering

Some artists can do the meetings for free at the beginning to reel fans in but then the label realises that there's a lucrative business here. The artists don't choose when they'll start charging or how much they will charge. 

It didn't work that way with Gaga, though. She did free meet and greets through the BTW tour. The label knew that she could charge hundreds by the time it got to TFM and definitely during BTW. I believe some artists do choose, especially the ones that are big artists. 

How does someone get a meet and greet with Taylor? 

Whispering

They are randomly picked, from what I understand. 

StrawberryBlond

It didn't work that way with Gaga, though. She did free meet and greets through the BTW tour. The label knew that she could charge hundreds by the time it got to TFM and definitely during BTW. I believe some artists do choose, especially the ones that are big artists. 

But she did to paid ones for artRave and I think it was totally the label's choice considering that she needed more money at this point. M&G's by manufactured acts are always decided by the label, no matter how big they are. It's uncertain exactly which acts call the shots themselves. Madonna supposedly does considering that she so rarely does M&G's and the most you can get is a VIP ticket to the sound check. And I wouldn't put it past Beyonce to decide prices either.

Like Whispering said, randomly. Her mum walks around the arena and chooses people at random. That's some pretty intense parental support to do that every second night. My mum would spout me her classic phrase: "If you think I'm doing that, you're up a gum tree!" if I suggested such an idea!

Gianni Versace

Praying for them

0PcCtkB.gif

Keep nunnery gifs in the thread please boo but thanks for the promo! love u

Spock

Keep nunnery gifs in the thread please boo but thanks for the promo! love u

lmao I never posted there but slay I guess :gaycat:

who will love me when the night is over

Computer

That post is only 25% about Avril I doubt Taylor even thought of it that way.

Taylor's pics are super cute.

This makes Avril look messy.

--

All of that being said if I were Taylor I would have thought about this especially as two of the other celebrities have VERY SPECIFIC pasts with her.  Lol

I am sure Avril is the most sensitive about this issue though lbr

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Archived