Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

James Franco: "Not Gay: Sex between Straight White Men"

AgusPop

Featured Posts

AgusPop

6n.jpg

Not Gay: Sex between Straight White Men

"A straight white girl can kiss a girl, like it, and still call herself straight—her boyfriend may even encourage her. But can straight white guys experience the same easy s-xual fluidity, or would kissing a guy just mean that they are really gay? Not Gay thrusts deep into a world where straight guy-on-guy action is not a myth but a reality: there’s fraternity and military hazing rituals, where new recruits are made to grab each other’s penises and stick fingers up their fellow members’ anuses; online personal ads, where straight men seek other straight men to masturbate with; and, last but not least, the long and clandestine history of straight men frequenting public restrooms for s-xual encounters with other menFor Jane Ward, these s-xual practices reveal a unique social space where straight white men can—and do—have s-x with other straight white men; in fact, she argues, to do so reaffirms rather than challenges their gender and racial identity.           

Ward illustrates that s-x between straight white men allows them to leverage whiteness and masculinity to authenticate their heteros-xuality in the context of s-x with men. By understanding their same-s-x s-xual practice as meaningless, accidental, or even necessary, straight white men can perform homos-xual contact in heteros-xual ways.  These s-x acts are not slippages into a queer way of being or expressions of a desired but unarticulated gay identity. Instead, Ward argues, they reveal the fluidity and complexity that characterizes all human s-xual desire. In the end, Ward’s a--lysis offers a new way to think about heteros-xuality—not as the opposite or absence of homos-xuality, but as its own unique mode of engaging in homos-xual s-x, a mode characterized by pretense, dis-identification and racial and heteros-xual privilege. Daring, insightful, and brimming with wit, Not Gay is a fascinating new take on the complexities of heteros-xuality in the modern era"

James says It's a "Good Book" so, he practices what It says

"He kissed a boy and he liked it" :sis:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItsTommyBitch

Yass tbh :giveup:

A true phenomenon, despite what some may say :emma: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

It's difficult to determine my stance on this. Do I feel sorry for men because as individuals they can't express these simple things without being called gay, or do I not give a **** because it's straight white men in the first place who perpetuate this and stigmatize male-on-male interaction?

I honestly don't understand a culture where holding hands makes you the gayest man alive and yet completely unclothed men in sports locker rooms who are slapping each other's asses with wet towels, comparing dick sizes and fake-****ing each other are considered totally heteros-xual, exhibiting "boys will be boys" archetypal behavior rather than what's considered to be gay, in the most convenient sense. I guess in a male dominated society you can contradict your own rules, cuz why not.

FATCAT

I don't know how much I like this idea. It really calls for a more 'pick and choose' s-xuality, instead of the obvious 'You like them because you were born liking them'...

Purr more, hiss less.

Blue Jeans

Why do they need to add "white" tho 

Straight Black guys can also kiss guys or have 'gay s-x' without being gay :awkney:

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

last but not least, the long and clandestine history of straight men frequenting public restrooms for s-xual encounters with other men.  

Really :neyde:

I have never witnessed/experience this :neyde:

Does it really have to be straight white men only :neyde:

Computer

What is the emphasis on "white"?

Is it not the same situation regardless?

Very interesting overall :party: 

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

DrewStevens

"Straight white men can perform homos-xual contact in heteros-xual ways"

giphy.gif

This sounds more like "I can be bis-xual/gay without having to accept it and face the world". Why not just be yourself and do whatever you want without having to explain everything you do? In my opinion this reinforces homophobia.

Riot Poof

Saying "no homo" before practicing actually very homo acts absolves the participant of his sins. As long as you say "no homo" before the act, your straight cred will remain intact. This is scientifically proven, y'all.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

AgusPop

Saying "no homo" before practicing actually very homo acts absolves the participant of his sins. As long as you say "no homo" before the act, your straight cred will remain intact. This is scientifically proven, y'all.

I know right ? :lmao: Those closeted bis-xual are pathetics :dies:

crisTEAne

i think it's always interesting and insightful to view things from different perspectives. preconceived ideas can be challenged that way. it doesn't change, however, the psychological foundation based on which all these assumptions are made.

bascially this. :laughga:

I hate him so much lmao

this is the first time i'm disagreeing with you. i quite like him. :shocked:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Archived