💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

My appreciation of the way Gaga's voice sounds isn't always consistent

Katie14

Featured Posts

Raikou

I actually found her 2008 - 2011 live vocals very hit and miss and wondered what happened to the girl who sang Captivated/Electric Kiss, but then from mid 2011 onward she began to slay me truly.

I believe she strained her vocals from ALL that promo and c-----e in 2009. :shrug:

Now she sounds amazing, I adore Gaga's current voice!

Katie14

i always sense she used live vocal correction sometimes during TF era tbh and VMAs 2009 was supposedly one of those times.

She definitely used some type of autotune for the 2009 VMA performance. Its so obvious to me. I don't understand how so many fans can deny this.

Katie14

I actually found her 2008 - 2011 live vocals very hit and miss and wondered what happened to the girl who sang Captivated/Electric Kiss, but then from mid 2011 onward she began to slay me truly.

I believe she strained her vocals from ALL that promo and c-----e in 2009. :shrug:

I agree. There was a period during 2008 or 2009 when her voice was so horse/husky she sounded like a different person. She still made it work and sounded good for the most part but you could tell her voice didn't sound healthy. It wasn't clear at all.

FameHookah

she destroyed her voice in the Just Dance and Poker Face eras, by the Paparazzi era she was kinda flat and had to sing lower live

Then magically her voice was high as fuk on the 2009 vma onwards

I was like wow YAS bish slay

WTF is MDNA

FameHookah

She definitely used some type of autotune for the 2009 VMA performance. Its so obvious to me. I don't understand how so many fans can deny this.

MTV did, you can listen some fan recordings and she still slayed without the autotune.

WTF is MDNA

MTV did, you can listen some fan recordings and she still slayed without the autotune.

Yeah, you can tell through he fan videos of the performance. She still sounded great, but you can tell the difference.

For me, I thought it worked at least for the audience, because her vocals got wonky when she was in "strain" (using the cane, or when she started bleeding), so it would have went right over their heads lol

3 points in and ready for more

Sister

From the time that I started being a fan of Gaga, I have always loved her voice on each performance that I have watched, starting with Saturday Night Live Paparazzi which she appeared on with Madonna, till now.

I like the full range of her voice, even her speaking voice.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived