Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
musician

Madonna

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MADONNA DECADE?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Madonna decade?

• 1980s (Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer)
    • 1990s (Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light)
    • 2000s (Music, American Life, Confessions, Hard Candy)
    • 2010s (MDNA, Rebel Heart, Madame X)

Featured Posts

bionic

I've explained this before LOL, my family doesn't do the whole "if you like X, Y, or Z artist then you're gay/not straight/etc" :laughga: 

they thinking it tho :fat: 

buy bionic

Mer Boy

I'm pretty sure my dad doesn't like Madge. There was a commercial for The Voice on T.V the other day and he thought Jessie J was Madonna. He was like "Is that Madonna? Why is she on this show wearing clothes like that? :awkney: ". :lmao:

Edited by Mer Boy
  • Like 1

Jenniferella

11887987_10153554169829402_8125645173961

:deadbanana:

Can't wait to see where Lola will go in her life

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"
  • Like 2

t e a

i just finished listening to her howard stern interview, the full thing. it was a great interview, i felt that she opened up and talked about deeply personal aspects of her life. by the end, i was really confused: she seemed like a nice person, but all the b---hy things she's done... especially the gaga fiasco. :saladga:

anyway, i shall continue to like her music. in terms of her personality, however,

i'm at a loss. so well.
oh well, oh well
oh well, oh well

:duck:

d e r r i d a

hmm

i just finished listening to her howard stern interview, the full thing. it was a great interview, i felt that she opened up and talked about deeply personal aspects of her life. by the end, i was really confused: she seemed like a nice person, but all the b---hy things she's done... especially the gaga fiasco. :saladga:

anyway, i shall continue to like her music. in terms of her personality, however,

i'm at a loss. so well.
oh well, oh well
oh well, oh well

:duck:

She dealt with the accusations of Gaga having a copycat song (BTW/EY) in the same way she dealt with her herself being accused of it (LAV/BJ). The rest was blown massively out of proportion with a lot of out of context quotes. 

I wouldn't really regard her (or 99% of celebrities) as nice people, but she's done a lot of nice things. I guess it just highlights the composite nature of all people :nick: 

• Like 2

t e a

She dealt with the accusations of Gaga having a copycat song (BTW/EY) in the same way she dealt with her herself being accused of it (LAV/BJ). The rest was blown massively out of proportion with a lot of out of context quotes. 

I wouldn't really regard her (or 99% of celebrities) as nice people, but she's done a lot of nice things. I guess it just highlights the composite nature of all people :nick: 

i think she's a legend, tho. :teehee: well, for me, gagz is a really nice person. :delete2:

in terms of the duality of human nature, i guess you're right.

when i saw that you quoted me, i thought that you were coming after me... AGAIN. :excuseu:

was glad to see it's not the case. :lolgaga:

Edited by skeleton.gun
d e r r i d a

Snow

I was watching this video

From around 2:00, you can hear Bette Midler saying "Hi Madonna...Hi", and then 2:26  ....did Madge even knew who she was? :lmao:

man she SLAYED that stadium with her charisma and presence! And Ilove The big FU to ALL by wearing a full jacket and refusing to Take it of. As it was just The time when Penthouse and playboy released her nudes....

AJH219

Okay, so I've been giving Like a Virgin a second chance lately, and it has REALLY grown on me. 

Edited by ajhuffman219
'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

iloveit123

As a Canadian, it is SO EXCITING for Madonna to be opening her next world tour here!! I must say.

bionic

Madonna=78
Like a Virgin=75
True Blue=73
Like A Prayer=92
Erotica=71
Bedtime Stories=71
Ray of Light=87

meacritic scores 

http://atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=429800

These scores are so sad...

Like a Virgin might have sounded good in the early 80s when it was released but listening to it in 2015 it sounds ridiculously dated. The singles have stood the test of time the best.

Madonna/The First Album and True Blue also sound like products of their time but they don't sound dated like LaV does. Like a Virgin getting a higher score than True Blue :saladga:

buy bionic
  • Like 1