💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Dope/TIHTY voice

giskardsb

Featured Posts

It's most certainly forced and very improvise on the spot kinda thing. Sometimes the attempt is successful and other times it's not. However, she manages to send chills down my spine with Dope. 

I like her Dope voice, I think it's what makes her Gaga, it's a unique voice and it should be appreciated. Glad to find that in Till It Happens To You again. Gaga and her team actually sent Dope for Grammy consideration and obviously they were of the opinion that the song had great vocals compared to other tracks.

Would like this post if I had any likes left, bravo :applause: Love those vocals, they made Dope a standout track for me.

crisTEAne

I like her Dope voice, I think it's what makes her Gaga, it's a unique voice and it should be appreciated. Glad to find that in Till It Happens To You again. Gaga and her team actually sent Dope for Grammy consideration and obviously they were of the opinion that the song had great vocals compared to other tracks.

i was going to say that. 

i hope we'll get more songs with her dope voice in the future. 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

HauntingHollow

This is no way her natural voice, this rough voice is more manipulated :miley:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

It's just a different technique, I think. I don't know the exact terms but I feel like when she sings Dope her voice resonates kinda from the back of her throat, rather than the area between the nose and mouth as usual, that's why she sounds a bit operatic. I think she used the same technique for TIHTY (not as much) and the Imagine performance, as well as the last songs from the artRave livestream. You can tell by the vowels sounding a bit like "o" and the long vibratto - each day I croooooooooooooooy; you tell me hold your head ooooop, hold your head oop and be straaaawwng

Brooke Hoegan

she sounds like she has been excessively drinking a whole week and still has hangover and is also crying on top of that

I know she did it on purpose but I LOATHE these vocals, she even sounds at times like she has a gag reflex and that sound always makes me want to gag as well even in real life situations :sick:

please never again :saladga:

Lassex

I disagree so much. Dope is obviously not her natural tone of voice, at least not in the live versions :rip: Acoustic performances of The Edge Of Glory sound the most natural imo.

moonboywow

It's the type of art that you're not supposed to like. It's not supposed to sound pretty. 

Katie14

I think she may be singing with "vocal fry":

Or maybe not. I have been trying to figure this out for so long. It sounds like she is very tired when she is singing and maybe slightly flat.

FameHookah

she sounds like she has been excessively drinking a whole week and still has hangover and is also crying on top of that

I know she did it on purpose but I LOATHE these vocals, she even sounds at times like she has a gag reflex and that sound always makes me want to gag as well even in real life situations :sick:

please never again :saladga:

this , its so damn annoying because the song's lyrics and instrumental are amazing..

Ugh gaga why :messga:

WTF is MDNA

Whispering

I believe it is closer to her natural voice than many of her songs. I love it in DOPE and then even more so in TIHTY! I hope to hear more of her more natural vocals on her next album! 

Lona Delery

It's the type of art that you're not supposed to like. It's not supposed to sound pretty. 

lol

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

@giskardsb do you think she sang Dope while being intoxicated? Which is ironic, because of the topic, but I feel like that's why it sounds so honest and raw and "imperfect".

It reminds me of one of the songs of my fav band

http://picosong.com/uUmQ

The only song recorded completely wasted. And it turned out great imo. 

FreePalestine

Archived