E-MO-TION Vs. 1989  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite?

• E-MO-TION
    • Both are equally amazing
    • I don't like either

Featured Posts

Redstreak

I love both, but while I can listen and love all of 1989, about 1/4th of Emotion is kinda forgettable.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E.MO.TION has more variety of songs and has more catchy and pop perfection songs, so E.MO.TION :pray:

FrankGutz

Voted for E-MO-TIOM just because I dislike Taylor. lol

Honestly, E-MO-TION is a good album, while Taylor's album, well....

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/mariahverklempt.gif

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Carly's album is light years better. It's just so sad that radio won't give that girl a chance anymore. 

DeleteMyAccount

We all know E-MO-TION would be slaying if Taylor recorded it...  Sadly it's not even in the Top 10...

Gohan

1989 is very forgettable and predictable. The songs can easily make you get bored of them because they're so catchy and repetitive.

E-MO-TION has a lot of different hooks and sounds on the record, amazing production, tremendous lyrics and a very good voice. I never thought I'd like the Call Me Maybe singer! Haha

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Hats off to both ladies! Both albums are very cohesive and stay true to the theme behind each of the bodies of music. While both of them do what they intended to accomplish very well, I feel like E•MO•TION kind of followed through with the whole 80's vibe better, as its executed more obviously than in 1989. I also enjoy the opening track better than in 1989.  "Welcome to New York" fades in and kinda eases the listener into the work while "Run Away With Me" in E•MO•TION starts out in a very anthemic way, almost as if to bear its fist to the rest of the world. The production throughout both albums are both well done, however I personally can relate to more of the songs on 1989, and feel as though there are more highlights on this album than on E•MO•TION and therefore i find 1989 easier to listen to in a single sitting. However, It all depends on what you want from the album. If you desire an excellent Pop album that's good at being, well...a Pop album, 1989 would be more your speed. If you prefer one that's a little less streamlined for mass consumption and is more obvious in its endeavor to be 80's inspired, E•MO•TION is for you. I enjoy both aspects, so all things considered, I like both albums equally 

Cody Draco

Adam Downer of Cokemachineglow wrote a positive review, remarking "The result is a nearly anonymous album of stellar pop music, one where it seems all the attention was placed not on positioning Carly Rae as a cultural force, but on making sure Emotion makes you smile. In a year where pop stars fight for brand supremacy, sell personas, and get the most coverage from media outlets for their tweets, it’s funny that the year’s best pop album doesn’t once feature the singer talking about herself."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotion_(Carly_Rae_Jepsen_album)

Froot remains my favorite pop album of 2015, at least until Honeymoon comes (since the majority of people here call Lana pop I'll just go along with that since it doesn't make a difference to me), but this quote is great nevertheless.

As an entire album/body of work Emotion commands my respect, whereas 1989 only commands my respect with a few songs.

AdAstra

I like 1989 and Style is one of my all time favorite pop tracks, but E-MO-TION is a pretty damn flawless pop album in my opinion. Although written for radio, it doesn't come off as generic or manufactured like so many of the other mainstream pop albums of the past few years. She and this album deserve much more success than either are probably going to receive but hopefully she can shake the one-hit-wonder perception the GP seem to have of her and I think she could give Katy Perry at run for her money.

Who knew after lurking on GGD for over a year that it would be a Carly Rae Jepsen thread that would convince me to break down and get an account.  :laughga:

Spock

Some people are so stupid god.

I think that EMOTION is more of an 80s inspired album than 1989, but I prefer 1989. EMOTION is amazing though

who will love me when the night is over

Cody Draco

Some people are so f*cking stupid god.

I think that EMOTION is more of an 80s inspired album than 1989, but I prefer 1989. EMOTION is amazing though

Please state your opinions respectfully on this site, thank you.

I like 1989 and Style is one of my all time favorite pop tracks, but E-MO-TION is a pretty damn flawless pop album in my opinion. Although written for radio, it doesn't come off as generic or manufactured like so many of the other mainstream pop albums of the past few years. She and this album deserve much more success than either are probably going to receive but hopefully she can shake the one-hit-wonder perception the GP seem to have of her and I think she could give Katy Perry at run for her money.

Who knew after lurking on GGD for over a year that it would be a Carly Rae Jepsen thread that would convince me to break down and get an account.  :laughga:

Omg Style is my f***ing JAM!! :party:

Archived