đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Charli XCX Cancels Tour - Blames Lack of Creativity

gagaisitalian

Featured Posts

Dorothy Gale

She doesn't seem cut out to be a popstar if some criticisms will make her cancel a tour.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

So she's only happy when she's writing...not when she's on tour visiting fans all around the world? Sorry, but ouch...

Plus, why is she TRYING to write a new album AND tour if it's causing her too much stress...just focus on your tour...it was only a few dates based on what bleaches posted...so like really?

Cancelling tours is the thing now...

8Pg82xn.gif

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

Cody Draco

I only understand cancelling tour dates due to illness (mentally or physically) or an emergency.

As a signed artist on a major label I feel like it's her job to promote her work and make that $.

Be an indie artist if you don't want to tour and you just want to focus on the music.:shrug:

LoveandMagic

How can she take it upon herself to cancel a tour? Wouldn't that be a huge financial and career risk? There has to me more to the story..

Promoters, labels, mangers, singers, dancers, musicians, etc. Have to be paid. Like... I just don't think its that easy lol

That's kind of what I was thinking. I can definitely understand an artist feeling zapped out of their creative drive and not wanting to put out lack luster performances, but there are lots of other people that they have to be responsible for. I hope those people are reimbursed. 

I applaud her for wanting to be honest about it and wanting to put out the best possible energy and give the fans what they are paying for, but it seems like it put her partner off guard. I'm sure Jack appreciates and respects her motives, but it may have put a bit of a strain on his plans. It's almost never really easy to cancel projects so abruptly. 

I hope it winds up working out for everyone. 

Some reviewers have been saying bad things about her shows lately, probably it has something to do with it. She's probably stressed and blocked.

Some people were even thinking that she was going to commit suicide because of the last tweet  :what:

That's odd. I was under the impression that critics loved her. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

gagaisitalian

She cancelled her New Orleans date in June the day before with no explanation....

Yeah I was going to FPSF in Houston (not for her, just going), and she cancelled the week before and never released a reason. So it sucks for the people who wanted to see her there.

She's honestly messy. And not even that great of an artist imo. I don't see the appeal. 

pink sushi

I feel bad for her fans.... I'd be devastated if Marina canceled her tour. 

The reason she is giving sounds so unprofessional. Seems like she just sick of performing....

The only reasons I would consider legit reasons for a tour cancelation would be illness or some personal family issues. And of course, reasons out of her control like issues with her label. 

Cody Draco

Yeah I was going to FPSF in Houston (not for her, just going), and she cancelled the week before and never released a reason. So it sucks for the people who wanted to see her there.

She's honestly messy. And not even that great of an artist imo. I don't see the appeal. 

I like a few of her songs and think she has talent, but doesn't live up to her potential unfortunately.

She has some really loyal fans back from True Romance, I feel bad for them too. :ohno:

StrawberryBlond

Let's not mess about - it'll be because of low ticket sales. You could write a book of all the excuses singers give for cancelling shows, some with big words, some with confusing phrasing, some with weirdly pretentious reasoning. But unless it's illness, a family emergency or the country banned the show, 9/10 times, it's because of low ticket sales. Charli is a prime example of why British artists have to make it in their homeland before trying to break the US. That's always the way it was done until now. Yes, she featured on I Love It which was a big global hit but only her fans know that was her on it - the general public have no clue. I was surprised that she didn't have any solo work released in the US before featuring on Fancy so that people at least knew who she was. And I was flabbergasted that her album was released in the US before the UK. I actually find that insulting to her country to do that. Cher Lloyd did the same thing with her album and it flopped terribly here. She's another case in point - she had one #1, one top ten, and then ran off to America without ever looking back. She hasn't done one promo performance of any of her tracks here since then. Unsurprisingly, her UK fans have dropped her. Depriving the fans in your homeland is one of the worst moves an artist can make and shame on the record labels for conducting it. Never try making it abroad before you've even made it at home, artists. It never works out.

Archived