Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Was ARTPOP overhyped?

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

djBuffoon

She discussed the album pretty sensibly, in ways that paid off when I listened to it (and still do).

Her plans for the era were spectacular but, ultimately, they could not come to fruition. Not her fault, and I wouldn't call it "overhyping", because I'm sure she fully planned to deliver. The album was released under ****ty circumstances that I wouldn't wish on any artist, but I don't think it takes away from the sensational music and visuals we did get.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

Sis, in the first interview Gaga did after BTW was released she was already asked about the next album :rip: 

Seriously, when BTW was released who gave a sh!t about what Gaga said about her next album. :laughga:

yASSsss

Nothing out of the limits? :Chica:

261508155.png

Pls.

i remember,when i first read it,i couldn't understand a single word :sharon: .......i still don't get the term "reverse warholian expedition :wtf: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Phoenix

I hope for LG5 I will listen to at least 60-70% of the album as the new stuff when it comes out.

When it comes to ARTPOP on 11/11 and a week before when it leaked donatella and fashion! Were the only new ones, which sucks.

💎

Seriously, when BTW was released who gave a sh!t about what Gaga said about her next album. :laughga:

The interviewer, I guess :deadbanana: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

261508155.png

Pls.

i always cackle at this :smh:  lawd

poor app thingy 

-

yes it was overhyped 

gagzus

Amongst fans - yes, but that was largely our own fault making up bogus theories and concepts and expecting TFM 2.0, like the infamous decay of the blonde pop star to justify the negative media attention she got :emma: do y'all remember the theories about CLLG and the mess of a fan asking her backstage if her sh!tty image and her decay/backlash was planned and she said no :emma:.

in the general public - no, it was underpromoted and underhyped

Gianni Versace

261508155.png

Pls.

"“The app itself is a musical and visual engineering system that combines music, art, fashion and technology with a new interactive worldwide community — ’the auras.’ Altering the human experience with social media, we bring ARTculture into POP in a reverse Warholian expedition.” ldkjwoenpo3rhv4urifp4irfph;lmsdhf;jwdb :smh: :smh::smh::smh::smh:

Jesse Pinkman

Yes but this hype was only in here and fans created it themselves. :deadbanana: It wasn't like with BTW that true hype was everywhere in the media and on Twitter. 

ARTPOP had hype outside the fanbase for sure. Not as much as BTW because she didn't announce it at the VMA's, nor was she the biggest star on the planet anymore. But it had hype... I kinda see what you're saying. A lot of factors went into why ARTPOP went down the way it did. Hype was just one small factor.

It's science, bitch

gagzus

261508155.png

Pls.

This wasn't overhype this was just a betrayal and was her original plan to so we should mourn the hell out of this :emma: if you're well versed in the english language you'll understand what she was trying to say here.

Didymus

This one not even overhyping considering that all these things woukd have happened if the whole Era wasn't a mess for all the reasons we already know.

Well.. you could rationalize it like that now but it still became a disappointment, mostly because Gaga never gave an explanation for why none of those things came true. If she, quickly after she knew that the era was gonna crash and burn, had corrected most of her claims a lot of the era would've been different (imo).

VforVendetta

i remember,when i first read it,i couldn't understand a single word :sharon: .......i still don't get the term "reverse warholian expedition :wtf: 

It's because Andy Warhol put Elements of Art in Pop Culture.

Lady Gaga on ARTPOP put Elements of Art in Pop music itself. That's why the name ARTPOP is not a theme but a Concept and that's why the songs on the album don't have a similar theme. The songs are the Pop (in Gaga style) and the Elements of Art are what we saw in the ERa (sadly we didn't see much cause the Era never worked because of oher problems we all know :emma:)

Creyk

The problem with AP was that it disappointed us, she promised us total slayage and then she flopped. And the songs got old fast. It definitely was overhyped though, with the whole "phoenix rising from the ashes" and "album of the century" claims. 

VforVendetta

Well.. you could rationalize it like that now but it still became a disappointment, mostly because Gaga never gave an explanation for why none of those things came true.

I agree but it's still not overhyping. :rofl:

gagzus

Well.. you could rationalize it like that now but it still became a disappointment, mostly because Gaga never gave an explanation for why none of those things came true. If she, quickly after she knew that the era was gonna crash and burn, had corrected most of her claims a lot of the era would've been different (imo).

she did, she explained it as in short- messy management and she did not want to be affiliated with projects Troy helped or arranged for the era for her.

Archived